32 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are these things

Can anyone tell me what these are for?

They were inside of the akrapovic system for 1098rs just before the mufflers,
    Its an evo3 system that was only available to the wsbk teams.
    The cans seem to have welded in silencers possibly for noise restrictions at the race tracks.

I have an evo 2 system and that doesnt have these or silencers things on the end, it does have provisions for removable silencers.
    The evo 2 system is heaps louder than the evo 3

Motorbike
    Old Ducati's (trouble) '06 R1 (reliable)
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Termignoni/Ducati started using these removable venturi's in the exhaust of 1*98RS WSB bikes, pictured below. I'm guessing Akrapovic did something similar and those are the "blanks" to replace the venturi's. Then again I could be talking complete shite......

Article here on real world gains if you can stomach some 4 wheel stuff: http://headersbyed.com/hc_ventext.htm

Motorbike
    StreetFighter
    Liked
    32 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These Akrapovic cans look like they have the venturis on the very end but they are not removable, i thought they were silencers.

Motorbike
    Ducati
    Liked
    10 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Termignoni/Ducati started using these removable venturi's in the exhaust of 1*98RS WSB bikes, pictured below. I'm guessing Akrapovic did something similar and those are the "blanks" to replace the venturi's. Then again I could be talking complete shite......

Article here on real world gains if you can stomach some 4 wheel stuff: http://headersbyed.com/hc_ventext.htm

In this case Akra beat Termi by about 2-3 years. The Akra Ti system came with these inserts in 08/09 & they certainly made a difference but mainly in the mid range. As for the original post I haven't seen these inserts before but doubt if it is performance piece but more of a spacer. Without seeing the complete system make up it is a hard call.

Motorbike
    Old Ducati's (trouble) '06 R1 (reliable)
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    In this case Akra beat Termi by about 2-3 years. The Akra Ti system came with these inserts in 08/09 & they certainly made a difference but mainly in the mid range. As for the original post I haven't seen these inserts before but doubt if it is performance piece but more of a spacer. Without seeing the complete system make up it is a hard call.

Haha, more mid-range?! Holy moly, you could tow a boat with a 1*98RS. Those Akra boys don't miss a trick do they? They seem to be the zorst of choice at all levels these days. If only I could find one of their lovely RS systems for my ol' nail:

Unless of course the OP is unhappy with the Evo 3 system, I'll make it fit somehow......

Spud

Motorbike
    ZX14R spesh
    Liked
    22 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That back end ^ is mint Hopefully not too far away from owning my first Duc, exh will be first thing to be changed out...