User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixed speed camera pic.. with multiple vehicles in shot?

Motorbike
    Thruxton 2010 SE, CBR600RR Trackie (ex-Aaiden)
    Liked
    1027 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Yes, but those who are not open minded and are instead easily led are ironically the hardest to convince otherwise. A case of the easily led plus those apathetic to the issue = majority rules and so speed cameras continue. And let's be honest, while we can see through the bullshit, we're not actively doing anything about opening peoples eyes other than posting comments on FB, Perth Now etc., which we know does nothing to change people's viewpoints given it is a pretty black and white area for people. Just like no amount of posting in the positive for speed cameras will change our viewpoint. Speed cameras have just become part of the accepted BUDGET STRATEGY .
    I fixed it for you
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki '10 Z1000, Honda '04 CBR600RR, 80' CB750FZ
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kapyong View Post
    I am surprised the business (make money) is enough to have that camera there, surely very few get a 'safety letter' in the mail from this device.

<snip>
    From when the Forest Highway cameras were being talked about (they had them switched on, but couldn't fine people till the legislation changed), think they said ~30% of drivers (or slightly less) were speeding. Wasn't clear after that whether it was 10% of the drivers, or 10% of the speeders that were doing more than 10km/h over the limit.

Liked
    339 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika79 View Post
    From when the Forest Highway cameras were being talked about (they had them switched on, but couldn't fine people till the legislation changed), think they said ~30% of drivers (or slightly less) were speeding. Wasn't clear after that whether it was 10% of the drivers, or 10% of the speeders that were doing more than 10km/h over the limit.
    From my observations regularly travelling on that road I'd say its 10% of the speeders.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.