0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    your insight is astounding.......
    you're living proof that retards can scrape by as functioning members of society
    Dislikes N/A, Mr Bean, Kristy disliked this post

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post

Critically, the opt-out consent mechanism for MHR flies in the face of global best practice for informed consent
    Hello passed out woman...can I sc#w you? Hello? Hello? Since you haven't said no, I guess thats a yes!

I wonder if this would work in court? And if not, why do politicians try this kind of 5hit on us?

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    you're living proof that retards can scrape by as functioning members of society
    Only just......
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes N/A liked this post

Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    If you already have a My Gov log in you do have to opt out in the My Gov website...

Because they have been collecting information on you already...

I had to opt the wife out thru the My Gov...
    I just went logged into myGov and when I tried to opt out it told me I had already chosen to opt out, so for me at least this does not appear to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said you need a my gov account to opt out of a health record that has already been created. If you dont have a record already then you can opt out using that site. Once created the only way is via a my gov account...which I didnt set up for this....it was set up for online tax return purposes.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    fixed... As I understood it you have to select whether you wish to partake...I could be wrong...have been in the past.
    Yeah unfortunately they have changed the goalposts It WAS originally OPT IN but recently they obviously changed it to be an OPT OUT system
    As I mentioned earlier my Dr wanted me to do it several years back but decided against it and figured that was it till the pricks felt they know better than me

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    It's an opt out system. If you don't tell them you don't want to be in it, you are included by default.
    The biggest thing that shits me is that they changed it and didn't announce that they had done so and with a short lead time till you have no choice about opting out
    I only found out after reading an article on MSN, it wasn't mentioned on MyGov as far as I can see or anywhere else that the average person would notice
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Yeah unfortunately they have changed the goalposts It WAS originally OPT IN but recently they obviously changed it to be an OPT OUT system
    As I mentioned earlier my Dr wanted me to do it several years back but decided against it and figured that was it till the pricks felt they know better than me

The biggest thing that shits me is that they changed it and didn't announce that they had done so and with a short lead time till you have no choice about opting out
    I only found out after reading an article on MSN, it wasn't mentioned on MyGov as far as I can see or anywhere else that the average person would notice
    But the period to opt out is not over yet, is it?
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    But the period to opt out is not over yet, is it?
    Not yet, October 15 is the cutoff date so not that far off

The problem is without the news articles highlighting the change the vast majority of people wouldn't have known about the change to OPT IN until it was too late because there has been no advertising of the fact it has changed
    IMO it's all been done in virtual secrecy by the Lieberal Govt to try and make sure everyone is signed up and by then you're fucked and they have your information on their database for all and sundry to access
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    a couple...
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    small note... if you go to opt out, don't assume that is all that needs doing. The opt-out is for creation of a record, and doesn't affect any existing record (for which theres around a 25% chance you may have). To do this, go to mygov, link myhr, then access it. If it shows a record, you must then delete the existing one.

as for clinical benefit, there is next to none. please realise that your digital medical record is available across the state in all public providers (ie. don't go to private emergency depts). All this myhr shit does is push this up to another database, along with reports from private practitioners/etc, and make it accessible by those who some mysterious body decides are allowed to (vs now, being nobody accesses it unless you a govt health service provider, audited, etc). I work with and am friends with a number of emergency medicos and treatment will never rely on a DMR being available.

Relevant to motorcycling, quite conceivable that you will turn up moribund to ED, your wallet may be somewhere strewn across the road yet to be found, so you're a John/Jane Doe.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've opted out via the webpage and gone into MyGov/My Health Record - the page displays "Register or access a My Health Record for the first time" so I'm assuming there's no existing record? Can anyone confirm, or is there some hidden page/link where you have to pat your head, rub your belly and chant "the Australian Government is a joke and an international embarrassment" 3 times while looking into a mirror before it reveals the existence of a record? The only linked service I have is Medicare.

The whole opt-out rather than -in is completely farcical but obviously engineered to get the result they want.