User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Registering car from NSW

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    49 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Registering car from NSW

    So I'm looking at a car in Sydney next weekend. Probably going to buy it and get it trucked over to Perth, cos I'm still living in NZ for another few months. Was reading somewhere that no inspection required, just roll up with proof you've owned if for at least 12 months and pay lots for a set of plates. That can't be right can it, cos I see people here buying bike from over east, and they must have change d the rego over to WA?? Can't find it on the Department of Transport site either I searched on here, but everything is for bikes, and it's all at least couple of years old, so most likely out of date info. Does anyone know what the current deal is for a car that I haven't owned for 12 months, to change the rego from NSW to WA? When I buy it I'll get the rego changed over to my name in NSW, so it's off the guys' hands.

  2. #2
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    South. Just.
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    96 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy car
    Car goes on truck
    Truck arrives in WA
    Temporary permit to drive to inspection centre
    Pay inspection fee and WA rego
    Send original plates back to NSW for unused rego refund

    Stateroads Inspections do a good mobile service to make sure you don't get caught out with repairs.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes potato liked this post



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts