(TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should check out the shpiel from NSW when they introduced the 'Safety Wire Rope Barrier'

Impact reference..?

Cars can cut a wooden telegraph pole off at the ground..

Bikers just get splattered by the same pole. As datsikk said point of inertial impact is the money shot.( the amount of potential energy you carry after leaving the bike ( 95KGs @ 130kph = lots of ouch )

Just as being hit with the object You Hit at that same speed...( think baseball bat..RSJ..hyundai..etc etc)

My 2c they are more dangerous than armco..as proven by testing with live bait.

...hitting nothing rigid at 30- 90 deg POI is the only answer..if you do decelerate over 8-10 m and then hit something ...not so bad. ( unless that something is a vehicle heading in the opposite direction ) ;-(
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Check this out...

Just turn the volume down unless you like listening to songs to slit your wrists by.

Devils advocate; what happens when you hit a concrete wall or non-wire barrier sliding into it head first at 60km/h? Given that we have to have some sort of road division between multiple lanes of traffic to arrest things from heading into the other side of the road...

I think the moral here is to not ride into roadside furniture...
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thro View Post
    Devils advocate; what happens when you hit a concrete wall or non-wire barrier sliding into it head first at 60km/h? Given that we have to have some sort of road division between multiple lanes of traffic to arrest things from heading into the other side of the road...

I think the moral here is to not ride into roadside furniture...
    At an light sngle your deflection won't do much damage, at right angles , how are you able to get that angle considering the direction of travel.
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with wrb and Armco are the posts. Always were, always will be. Years ago, the correct way to install the posts in between the strainer posts was to not concrete them in the ground. They are just to hold the wire up and fold/pull out when hit. But I assume, because of our sandy ground, they all get concreted in. No big difference when a human hits it, but at least there is a chance that the post is gone by the time you follow your bike in a crash. Wrb are solely used because they are cheaper than Armco with slide under protection and concrete barriers.
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au
    Likes thro liked this post