User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand new 2019 Harley Davidson models, bet you didn't see this coming

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Echoing some others here... The street fighter, looks kind of cool.

The other's, well... It's been quite a few years since the Bimota Mantra, but I think the Pan-America has knocked it of the mantle of fugly bikes. Well done.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

second hole down from the back of her neck
    Motorbike
    honestly, it's just a bruise....
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Echoing some others here... The street fighter, looks kind of cool.

The other's, well... It's been quite a few years since the Bimota Mantra, but I think the Pan-America has knocked it of the mantle of fugly bikes. Well done.
    I dunno, those early kawasski versys take some beating....mostly with the ugly stick
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Skitzo View Post
    Yeah a tough gig dropping bikes into well established market segments that HD have not ventured into before, that already have a lot of competition who've been in the space and doing it well for a long time. But they really need to be doing this as their long time customer base of baby-boomers who are willing to send as much as the average family car, on a very average cruiser or tourer is shrinking fast.

Will be interesting to see how the LiveWire is received and sells. Yes I know there are some EV bikes on the market now, but not from one of the major manufacturers with such a large worldwide dealer network.
    Observation wise, I think you are 100%

The cruiser market looks to have matured and those that are the usual paying customers, are reaching that grand old age of needing to sell. The used market is full of customised bikes selling at far below lot price. This means heavy depreciation on your 'investment'.

So, whaddya do? Enter new markets and new age groups. The up and coming wealth don't want GrandDad's cruisers. Even 40-50 year olds are either buying ADV bikes, or the nakeds. That is a big chunk of your target market, gone..

The Pan Am IS a different beast. Wonder if they have something special in those headlight shrouds? Ultra bright LED?

Personally, as a previous hater of HD, I'm a bit of a fan of the new designs. I believe that it will be making the other Marques sit up and take notice as well. [as long as quality and price points are reasonably competitive. ]

The E bike, with an obtainable customer backup, might actually do very well. [might] .It looks the part for those ecologically minded , with the obligatory man-bun.
    If it actually works, it could be HD's unlikely success story.

Street fighter. If relatively affordable, will sell like hot cakes. Has the street cred with the badges and the stance of a nice bike. No need for massive performance if it sounds and looks tits.

The Wife immediately liked the custom, and she always quotes that Harley riders that have loud exhausts have small dicks.[followed by obligatory eye roll ]
    Seems HD might have broken through that sector of the anti HD market if even she noticed it.

Hopefully 2019 will be a watershed year for design and all brands need to up their game...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes El Skitzo liked this post

Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bike is bloody ugly

Motorbike
    LAMS!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
    Me trying to find the front brake under all that front tyre:
    Bugger the front brake, looks like people will be burning their right leg on the exhaust

Motorbike
    CB1300
    Liked
    128 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pan America inspiration:

Very 1950's USA.

I like the street fighter, the hardest part will be dealing with a Harley sales muppet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Doug