Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was tempted
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a reasonable front 9 at Araluen yesterday. 18 points on the front in really testing conditions. On and off rain, high winds, wet fairways, and those fucking rock quarries (bunkers). I didn't hit one bunker on the front, made 3 pars, and made a couple of putts. The back 9 was awful. It shat down on and off. The skies seemed to open up every time I was trying to putt. I found myself in a few of the aforementioned shithouse bunkers. I wiped 3 holes with only two glimmers of good golf (5 iron to the center of the green which actually netted me a NTP then made a solid 2 putt par, and a good PW from a fairway bunker to make a par). I finished wet, cold, and shitty about what could have been. Golf...

The winner on the day is off 11 and made 41 points in terrible conditions. I wish I could have seen that as he would have been hitting everything sweet. My playing partner was runner up on 36 points.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.
    Likes boeman liked this post

Motorbike
    Bike-less now :(
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did you go with your coach? any feedback from him?
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    how did you go with your coach? any feedback from him?
    He had to pull out last minute. I'll probably head down and cheer him on at the WA Open on Sunday at Mt Lawley.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.
    Likes okitoki liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone planning to go to Mt. Lawley to watch the WA Open this weekend? It's free and apparently there is parking available.

I'm playing Melville Glades on Sunday arvo. Looking forward to it. I enjoyed it last time I played. Though, long, and very pretty. Club comp at Kwinana next weekend which is one of my favorite courses in Perth so hoping for a good showing. Then I'm off to Barnbougle in Tassie on the 15th. I'm nowhere near ready for that challenge but It should be a really fun few days. Wine, whiskey, and two of the best golf courses on earth. What's not to love?

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may consider it.

Can't play golf due to work and wife commitments, she wants to spend Sunday outdoors together.

Watching the WA Open may mean I can at least watch golf and she will enjoy the walk.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mixed bag at Melville last Sunday. It's a prick of a golf course that always beats me up. I hit some good shots and had a nice run of points but 4 holes with no points means it's always going to be a low scoring round. It felt like summer out there though. Kwinana this Sunday. I had a good day last time I was there so hoping for good things. My usual playing partner and I are tied for 10th in the club standings so it will be exciting. Then it's all prep and practice the following week and weekend before heading to Barnbougle on the 15th!

I stocked up on balls (TP5s on sale for $49/dozen!) and grabbed a couple new apparel items as the Golfbox Carpark Sale. I resisted any new clubs but we'll see how I'm feeling about golf when I get back from my trip. How many balls do you reckon you would go through in 3 or 4 rounds when the rough looks like this? https://www.google.com.au/search?q=b...8L5lEauyw2i9M:
    Last edited by ApatheticEnd; 31-10-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    Likes boeman, okitoki liked this post

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Mixed bag at Melville last Sunday. It's a prick of a golf course that always beats me up. I hit some good shots and had a nice run of points but 4 holes with no points means it's always going to be a low scoring round. It felt like summer out there though. Kwinana this Sunday. I had a good day last time I was there so hoping for good things. My usual playing partner and I are tied for 10th in the club standings so it will be exciting. Then it's all prep and practice the following week and weekend before heading to Barnbougle on the 15th!

I stocked up on balls (TPs on sale for $49/dozen!) and grabbed a couple new apparel items as the Golfbox Carpark Sale. I resisted any new clubs but we'll see how I'm feeling about golf when I get back from my trip. How many balls do you reckon you would go through in 3 or 4 rounds when the rough looks like this? https://www.google.com.au/search?q=b...8L5lEauyw2i9M:
    I lost 4 at the Cut in one round a few weeks back. I would probably budget for 6 per round worst case? That is just me at a 20hcp though.

Back to the vines this Sunday, swing is working much better but still the odd hook if I don't focus on getting my club aimed at my target on my backswing.

Motorbike
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of comps coming up next few weeks
    17-18 Nov - Kwinana Cup
    http://www.golfwa.org.au/cms/wp-cont...forms-2018.pdf

17-18 Nov Harvey Open
    http://www.golfwa.org.au/cms/wp-cont...arvey-Open.pdf

18 Nov - The Vines Spring Cup
    http://www.golfwa.org.au/cms/wp-cont...Entry-Form.pdf

25 Nov - The Vines Amateur Open (GA 12 cut off)
    http://www.golfwa.org.au/cms/wp-cont...Flyer-2018.pdf

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing PGN Super Saturday at Marri Park this week, any experiences down there?

Hook was prevalent again on Sunday, 31pts for me. I think off the tee I was ok maybe 6 times at best, scrambled well and my short game was working. If I could stop hooking off the tee I think I could get to a 15hcp.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this golf chat and it's been near 6 months since I've swung a club in anger.
    Playing nine at Wembley on Sunday, should be a good indication of whether I can pick it up again or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/17108304957...5337801153941/

This is always a good event for anyone in the market!

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
    All this golf chat and it's been near 6 months since I've swung a club in anger.
    Playing nine at Wembley on Sunday, should be a good indication of whether I can pick it up again or not.
    Well I have dedicated the last 18 months to practice and playing heaps, and right now would say I am back to where I started, so you will be fine.
    Likes Commander Keen liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i practiced every day for about 6months, because golf is hard.. now seems i get better results fixing problems with time off & a fresh approach

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    i practiced every day for about 6months, because golf is hard.. now seems i get better results fixing problems with time off & a fresh approach
    I think I have over done it. At the top of my backswing I know exactly what my outcome is going to be and it sucks. My fix is in my take away, which is good and bad.

Good because a minor fix, bad because I know immediately if my shot is doomed to go left.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting clinic on Saturday, 39 points on Sunday (85 off the stick, 32 putts). Connection? Letís hope this form carries over to Barnbougle.
    Likes okitoki, boeman liked this post

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Putting clinic on Saturday, 39 points on Sunday (85 off the stick, 32 putts). Connection? Letís hope this form carries over to Barnbougle.
    Drive for show, putt for dough.

34 points for me at Marri, managed to be ok off the tee, average on irons, but my short game was on point. Inside 80m I was nailing everything, quite a few putts dropping.

First time in a couple of months, my handicap dropped a huge 0.1 to 20.8.

Baby steps.
    Likes okitoki, Commander Keen liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    figured out my swing issue seems to be an alignment related issue;
    By aligning behind the ball to target and picking a spot closer to ball, this allowing me to square the my stance parallel to the target line has improved my flight path for my iron shots to about 80% accuracy.
    Getting my distance gap and having it as a chart for carry and total has made attacking the greens much easier now with better GIR.

However, the 20% missed shots is still causing problem; with a wayward pulled 6 iron resulted in a lost ball ending my first 9 with a 41gross
    while the other was a pushed iron drive into the tree off the tee, then a pulled drive in the bush... spend 5 mins looking for provi ball, another 5 minutes to find my first ball, layup to 140M, in a rush, took the 6iron instead of the 8; hit the ball way over the green and ended up loosing it; Stroke play round, so ended up DQ myself instead of walking back to hit again...

Lost momentum after that... if calculate by stableford, only managed to scrap in 33 points (22/11 off 15hdcp)

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I did a silly thing.. unfortunately I can be a bit of a spendthrift, and as with many items I have purchased, my heart has ruled my brain.

This time, I bought a new set of irons. Common sense tells me that I should probably spend more time on my game, rather than rush out and buy something shiny & expensive - but alas, it seems I lack common sense. Or something. One thing I DON'T lack, is a brand new set of 919 HMs. And a sexy new bag (the old one really does look rubbish.)

Now to get out & hit some balls...