Bike-less now :(
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure at the moment... missus just came back to Perth, so not sure if sunday golf is available
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    cheers guys, yeah either gen Y or they have a club at elcabs to i have just discovered.

geny would be good doing different courses but im moving like 10mins from elcabs next month so i'll do my 3 score cards then decide

so who's playing sunday?
    The proximity and price of El Caballo make it an easy choice. I'd have a full membership there and branch out when I felt like it.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note. I need a good quality travel cover. I'm going to Barnbougle in November but also the in-laws are visiting next month. We're going down to Denmark for a week and with the 4 people, 66kg dog, 31kg dog, and our bags, all in the Prado, my clubs are going to end up riding on the roof rack.

I was looking at this as these guys have great service: https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com....r-blk-red.html

I don't want to spend more that $200 but I want good protection. Does anyone else have one they would recommend?
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think this was on the back 9, course was lush. must have been a decent shot im smiling & not swearing lol
    "Itís not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would."
    Likes okitoki liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    On another note. I need a good quality travel cover. I'm going to Barnbougle in November but also the in-laws are visiting next month. We're going down to Denmark for a week and with the 4 people, 66kg dog, 31kg dog, and our bags, all in the Prado, my clubs are going to end up riding on the roof rack.

I was looking at this as these guys have great service: https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com....r-blk-red.html

I don't want to spend more that $200 but I want good protection. Does anyone else have one they would recommend?

a guy on FB "Perth Golf Buy Sell or Swap" has a golf travel hard case for sale at $100 ... name is Jason Gray... looks pretty solid
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    a guy on FB "Perth Golf Buy Sell or Swap" has a golf travel hard case for sale at $100 ... name is Jason Gray... looks pretty solid
    Yeah spotted, too slow. I found a solution for my trip down south (renting a roof pod to free up space in the car so they can go in there) but I still need a good bag for November's trip to Barnbougle.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this old fella is dreaming... $700 for a few balls, $5 each! lol

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wemb...lls/1192522894

i must be sitting on a gold mine! haha

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha. There is a guy on facebook that sells AAA grade ProV1s and TP5s for like $25-30/dozen. Mid range balls and <A grade for much less. I've bought a few dozen from him and he delivers right to your door. Neville is is name.

The ones pictured are like practice grade at best. I have a couple dozen similar ones I'll give to anyone who wants them. I chuck them in a box once they're scuffed.

Motorbike
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha... might as well head down to Cash Converters at Morley... they had a big bucket of balls there... I think off memory they were $1 each or 5 for $3 something like that....
    plus they occasionally have some decent clubs there.... except for the fake scotty blade there...

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i brought these to re grip some of my old steel shaft irons, but since i dropped the X18's to practice clubs im liking them alot more.. go figure

and got a flat cat for my TM rosa

Motorbike
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have the flat cat grip with the weighted head for my putter... feels good after I cut the putter length down.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using a superstroke grip on my putter for a couple of years and I won't go back. I tried a Scotty Futura the other day with a tapered grip. Putter felt great (still not $500 great), standard grip was terrible.

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    I've been using a superstroke grip on my putter for a couple of years and I won't go back. I tried a Scotty Futura the other day with a tapered grip. Putter felt great (still not $500 great), standard grip was terrible.
    I have been wanting to get a superstroke on my odyssey blade putter for a while, I feel like im too wristy with the skinny grip, fatter grips seems to stabilise the hands.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's exactly why they work and they aren't too $$$ either (under $60 with the weight at golfbox). The Odyssey one that came on my putter doesn't have the threaded insert for the weight at the top but the grip itself is weighted (60g). You can choose the grip diameter too.

One new putter I want to check out if the Odyssey Red Ball. It has a cool alignment aid to make sure you get your head in the right position over the ball. I doubt it'll be revolutionary but I want to try it.

Motorbike
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received a batch of Mizuno MP15 iron heads.... will use my set of NIPPON NS Pro 950GH shafts I have sitting around...

So will be looking at offloading the set of Taylormade TP CB irons I have if anyone is keen

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no golfer, probably played 4-5 rounds in my life. But recently I was in Scotland near a town called St Andrews and apparently they have a popular little course there. I was walking along a path watching a group tee off and we discovered a putting area where for the grand price of £1 we got a putter and a ball and 18 holes to play through. Boy that was fun, I had a great time even got 2 holes in 1 which pissed off my much more experienced playing mate. I kind of understand why people enjoy the game now and might have another go soon at my local course.
    Likes okitoki liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bucket list is to play there and to dress up for the occasion

Like this

Likes wonky liked this post