User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wanted: Rain cover

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    VFR800
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wanted: Rain cover

    Hey, does anyone know where I can get a half decent rain cover for a vfr800, either new or used in Perth?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    VFR800
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dnbosiris View Post
    Hey, does anyone know where I can get a half decent rain cover for a vfr800, either new or used in Perth?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Must stand up to stormy conditions and keep everything dry

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member Alternate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    NOR
    Motorbike
    -
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Supercheap Auto ones aren't bad.

    I had the "Silver" one which lasted over a year parked at the airport 9 days of the fortnight, started to go a bit thin and was no longer keeping any water at all out.

    Have the "Gold" one now and keeps all water off the bike. Have come back a couple of times and the cover is drenched but my bike is dry as.

    http://search.supercheapauto.com.au/...rcycle%20cover

    Both have a strap to clip together underneath, the gold one has a much tighter elastic around the bottom so pretty secure. The sizing is a bit weird though. The small (advertised to 500cc) is what I use on a 650L and its a real good fit. No room for flapping but entire bike is covered.
    Likes dnbosiris liked this post

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    VFR800
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternate View Post
    The Supercheap Auto ones aren't bad.

    I had the "Silver" one which lasted over a year parked at the airport 9 days of the fortnight, started to go a bit thin and was no longer keeping any water at all out.

    Have the "Gold" one now and keeps all water off the bike. Have come back a couple of times and the cover is drenched but my bike is dry as.

    http://search.supercheapauto.com.au/...rcycle%20cover

    Both have a strap to clip together underneath, the gold one has a much tighter elastic around the bottom so pretty secure. The sizing is a bit weird though. The small (advertised to 500cc) is what I use on a 650L and its a real good fit. No room for flapping but entire bike is covered.
    Nice, I was looking at those ones but weren't sure if they were good at keeping water out. I'll go have a look tomorrow. Cheers.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternate View Post
    The Supercheap Auto ones aren't bad.

    I had the "Silver" one which lasted over a year parked at the airport 9 days of the fortnight, started to go a bit thin and was no longer keeping any water at all out.

    Have the "Gold" one now and keeps all water off the bike. Have come back a couple of times and the cover is drenched but my bike is dry as.

    http://search.supercheapauto.com.au/...rcycle%20cover

    Both have a strap to clip together underneath, the gold one has a much tighter elastic around the bottom so pretty secure. The sizing is a bit weird though. The small (advertised to 500cc) is what I use on a 650L and its a real good fit. No room for flapping but entire bike is covered.
    Words that should never be used together: airport and bike cover...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    VFR800
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Words that should never be used together: airport and bike cover...
    how come?

  7. #7
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dnbosiris View Post
    how come?
    Windy days or areas will see the bike cover act like a wind sail and pull the bike over. Not an absolute given but have seen enough bikes napping at the airport to convince me not to try the same. A snug fitting one is better than one that flaps around. Should be fine if in a small, enclosed area but where subjected to large, open expanses I'd rather my bike get wet and stay upright.

  8. #8
    Member Alternate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    NOR
    Motorbike
    -
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Words that should never be used together: airport and bike cover...
    Mine fits tight so the profile is no bigger than the bike by itself anyway and I ensure it doesn't flap around. Plus I always park along the side where the cars will block most of the wind (t3/4 that is, don't know what the t1 is like)
    Likes dnbosiris liked this post

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •