(TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JHA done. rubber stamped and signed... See you then..
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes keys liked this post

Motorbike
    stealth busa
    Liked
    343 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How quickly a thread about two Qld based companies suit about intellectual property turns to the same stupid barbagello thread.
    Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Nope, fully aware of it, shared some beers with some of them... and after changes have been made, people will still die... and if more changes are made... they will still die... people will die doing these things... get used to it. You cannot stop this.

You can work to reduce the number though...

Back on topic... Riders/TrackAction certainly would have benefited from the use of Champions information, even if they can't use it anymore. It will be interesting to see how hard the civil case and police come down on it.

I wonder if Queensland and Lakeside have similar 'exclusive' agreements in place with Racers.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahah police interest in a civil matter. Cute.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.
    Likes Tim the PM, Loud liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Ha ha... love you to wander in to any crowd of bikies and say that

You missed the fact that good young men have died at this track and the risk management needed to correct the highest risk areas has not been done.

So, you think you are twice as smart as everyone else because you don't believe the sport should be made safer?

I agree, it is terrible to see such unwillingness to understand everyones point of view rather than just their own. I hate to be the one to break it to you but real life has rules ... but you can still have fun
    I have you on ignore for my sanity but people keep quoting you... I know I'll get crucified for saying this, as I know a lot of people think a lot of you... so do I which is why I visited you in hospital. BUT... I have never read such condescending rubbish in my life. You sound just like Gillard did, talking down to people as if you are superior in some way, while at the same time betraying your own ignorance of the underlying agendas and politics behind this whole mess. Oh and your sig line has to be THE ULTIMATE in irony!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post
    You have wisdom beyond your years
    Likes D996R liked this post
    Dislikes Mr Bean, Green Trident, Crim, Shady7/8 disliked this post

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reading and listening to all the other debates about making motorcycling *chortle "safe", I feel like I'm having the onset of a stroke... actually, wishing I was having a stroke.
    I think this touches on a pretty deep idea turbo. Once you accept the first principle that your first priority in life is being "safe", so many other things go out the window. Things we wouldn't have if "safe" (and unoffended) was the first priority:
    -space exploration
    -minefield clearing
    -free speech
    etc
    Now that doesn't mean you should be completely flippant with risk, but it does explain why the beige force of legislation/government/lawyers/enviros/insurance are so bloody horrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.
    Likes Crobbo, Tim the PM liked this post

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it wasn't dangerous motorcycling wouldn't be fun.
    -
    Likes TurboR1, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. This, the fact that the email didn't use the word "allege", and that it was sent out as a blanket email... there's no way this action was vetted by anyone with a legal qualification.

Even if they discovered info was sent from this bloke's email address there's so much to prove. Was it someone using his computer or could he have been hacked, did their contract with him have clauses regarding intellectual property and non-disclosure, did Racers act on this information - good luck proving this last one from the other side of the fence. If they didn't have a clause that prevented him from working for a competitor then that's an indication of what else wasn't in there - people can leave and take information in their heads pretty easily too.

So yeah, back to my post on the first page. Pretty dumb.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    I have you on ignore for my sanity but people keep quoting you... I know I'll get crucified for saying this, as I know a lot of people think a lot of you... so do I which is why I visited you in hospital. BUT... I have never read such condescending rubbish in my life. You sound just like Gillard did, talking down to people as if you are superior in some way, while at the same time betraying your own ignorance of the underlying agendas and politics behind this whole mess. Oh and your sig line has to be THE ULTIMATE in irony!

- - - Updated - - -

You have wisdom beyond your years
    Ha ha... you are a character Tim... and you have reverted to personal attacks so I am flattered (have been in politics way too long to be offended by it ).
    Thank you for visiting me in hospital but unfortunately I can't remember over 2 weeks of being in there as I had head injuries (plus fractured pelvis and sacrum) after a highside in 7 after hitting the rubber patch - strange place for cars to choose to do their burnouts don't you think?.
    and even my name Wahoo!! I am so loving life and riding motobikes even after a couple of serious crashes breaking things. Yes I admit I am slower than you on the track but I guess that is expected since I did not start road riding till I was 53 and have multiple serious old fractures (horse riding injuries) I am meant to be careful of. But thanks to the great coaching and fun I had on the track at Barbs I am still very involved and riding on the PI track often (Monday is next) as I made the move over because I was so disappointed with the track closing. May not be the fastest but I bet I have the biggest smile on the track and thank you to all that helped me enjoy it so much.

So my crime? Answering back to the bombardment of anyone daring to try to prevent others from the very tragic consequences of hitting a wall that is too close to the track?
    I am well aware of the politics which is why I don't tolerate the tongue lashing for simply mentioning the word "safety" but please enlighten me with detail if you feel it is essential.
    This group bombardment is standard political tactics of any group that can't win by debating facts, and is considered a weakness not a strength in politics.

Just to add... I admit I am very behind in getting the facts but find it extraordinary that more balanced and independent detailed facts (meaning not just the headline story from people with vested interest) are not around. Thank you to those that contacted me separately to give their stories. Yes, it is a messy debate but most issues are, and compromise is essential yet no party is in the position to back down from a hardline stance.

And an even later addition: Your complaint was about this??? Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"
    Last edited by Wahoo; 23-08-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"
    Likes =Maz=, keys, SomeBloke, Green Trident, Crim and 1 others liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Exactly. This, the fact that the email didn't use the word "allege", and that it was sent out as a blanket email... there's no way this action was vetted by anyone with a legal qualification.

Even if they discovered info was sent from this bloke's email address there's so much to prove. Was it someone using his computer or could he have been hacked, did their contract with him have clauses regarding intellectual property and non-disclosure, did Racers act on this information - good luck proving this last one from the other side of the fence. If they didn't have a clause that prevented him from working for a competitor then that's an indication of what else wasn't in there - people can leave and take information in their heads pretty easily too.

So yeah, back to my post on the first page. Pretty dumb.
    Yeah maybe but a good way to motivate your customer base. TA not launching a a counter action would be telling.

Champions Facebook post is saying they have been "inundated" by customers reporting unsolicited contact by TA. Customers their legal team will contact.

That would be a good evidence base for a criminal investigation of IP theft, if that does get off the ground.

They appear to have an enthusiastic supporter base in QLD, pissed off about champion's exclusion following TA's track take-over.

Sounds pretty cutthroat on the east coast.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"

Motorbike
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Yeah maybe but a good way to motivate your customer base. TA not launching a a counter action would be telling.

Champions Facebook post is saying they have been "inundated" by customers reporting unsolicited contact by TA. Customers their legal team will contact.

That would be a good evidence base for a criminal investigation of IP theft, if that does get off the ground.

They appear to have an enthusiastic supporter base in QLD, pissed off about champion's exclusion following TA's track take-over.

Sounds pretty cutthroat on the east coast.
    So their end goal is...

Costs? You and I both know that can take years.

Stopping TA from using their mailing list?

Cool okay damage has already been done.
    The champions facebook page currently provides a list of people. Photos of the people that last attended. A judge and good defence lawyer will look at this and roll their eyes.

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post

The '4 litre plastic bottle' idea is a fkn beauty!!!!! better than using old 4 L ford engine blocks ...I 'spose.
    C'mon man, cast blocks are sooo 80's!

Now it's full aluminium blocks 'n' heads. So much lighter and safer for impact absorption...

The typical nasty bitchy nature of the motorcycling industry in this country.

If it's not motorcycle shops, slitting the throats of other shops, it's workshops and repairers under handing their competitors.

Motorcycle forums internally tearing each other apart, to break away forums also fighting each other.

From motorcycle racing clubs internally driving their own agenda to inter club rivalry.

"Outlaw" motorcycle gangs fighting each other.

Even in small riding circles, as the group gets bigger, someone puts their cock in another guys missus and the group splits.

The friendly banter between Japanese and Italian bikes gets out of hand as well

Motorcyclists in Australia are like a pack of feminist vegan hipsters arguing over which soy decaf latte of gender neutral and ethically farmed origin is the better brew.
    I wish you weren't so correct in your post. I have been an innocent bystander and have heard the shit that gets said first hand. It also applies to the motor vehicle game as well, so there is no solace in any form of motoring.

Now we can see why adventure touring bikes are so prevalent. Tour by yourself and get away from the fuckwits.

...and the sad thing is that I can't see change coming any time soon. Maybe a full blown depression is the economic panacea that we might need to 'correct' society...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReCon View Post
    I wish you weren't so correct in your post.
    Same here, you can't even look at a modern 1000 without being done for hoonlaws and be labelled as a menace to society.

And the adventure bike market is taking off big time.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So their end goal is...

Costs? You and I both know that can take years.

Stopping TA from using their mailing list?

Cool okay damage has already been done.
    The champions facebook page currently provides a list of people. Photos of the people that last attended. A judge and good defence lawyer will look at this and roll their eyes.
    Yes, the end goal. If the motivation is purely commercial and they have a strong argument, establish loss and settle.

What often happens though is the butthurt factor intrudes, usually inversely proportional to the commercial loss and the parties fight to the death.

No one wins (maybe) and hopefully that wont happen here.

A great example of this was Kerry Stokes and the AFL pay TV rights. That blew a couple of hundred million. Stokes is no fool though and he was often a winner in the game of “strategic litigation”. The C7 thing? Well seems he may have lost sight of the ball.

These track day guys however. We wont know until the case unfolds. Popcorn time.

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    https://www.facebook.com/ChampionsRi...510986/?type=3

Court order to ban use of Champions Ride Day information by Racers.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ they already have the information... who's to say they will or are using it..? ^^
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Update:
    https://www.facebook.com/ChampionsRi...510986/?type=3

Court order to ban use of Champions Ride Day information by Racers.
    No link to court order to be found...

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interim court order at beenliegh district court....bla bla blah...

Motorbike
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Interim court order at beenliegh district court....bla bla blah...
    I searched...