User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: Notice of legal action from Champions against Racers PL

  1. #81
    Member shortSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    second hole down from the back of her neck
    Motorbike
    honestly, it's just a bruise....
    Liked
    1372 times
    Posts
    5,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    I think you may be on the mark with this. It certainly seems to be the current fad.

    Personally, I can't see the fun in these bikes unless they are used as they were intended, tootling around town or local dirt roads wouldn't do it for me.
    By your remarks every one with a litre sports bikes should be at the track every weekend and cracking 300 on the freeway regularly? Not using sports bikes for commuting or street riding?
    I looked at it the other way, sometimes it is more fun using a bike for things it isn't supposed to do, like fnr on an adventure bike. Or cape York on a speed triple. Or nullabor crossing on a cbr250. to me there is satisfaction in achieving things that aren't normally done, or the easiest way to do thing. But I am an awkward cunt.
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick
    Likes Ryanoceros, =Maz= liked this post

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ...
    Motorbike
    ...
    Liked
    5260 times
    Posts
    22,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortSteve View Post
    By your remarks every one with a litre sports bikes should be at the track every weekend and cracking 300 on the freeway regularly...
    I remember those days...
    Likes shortSteve, TurboR1, AZAZL, Crim liked this post

  3. #83
    Member Crim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Inside my head
    Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Posts
    667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortSteve View Post
    By your remarks every one with a litre sports bikes should be at the track every weekend and cracking 300 on the freeway regularly? Not using sports bikes for commuting or street riding?
    I looked at it the other way, sometimes it is more fun using a bike for things it isn't supposed to do, like fnr on an adventure bike. Or cape York on a speed triple. Or nullabor crossing on a cbr250. to me there is satisfaction in achieving things that aren't normally done, or the easiest way to do thing. But I am an awkward cunt.
    I remember those days too & I'm still here as regards trying to crack top speed on the freeway.

    Appreciate it's always good to question the accepted norm but I don't think riding a 1000cc sports bike or 1200 adventure bike outside their intended purpose is much fun.

  4. #84
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    5,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    I remember those days too & I'm still here as regards trying to crack top speed on the freeway.

    Appreciate it's always good to question the accepted norm but I don't think riding a 1000cc sports bike or 1200 adventure bike outside their intended purpose is much fun.
    You're missing out. The 1098R on the CSR was a blast! Fuel range was a bit of a prick though.

  5. #85
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    8,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    GsxInShed I am up your way on Monday, fill out a JSA and we can do lunch 👍
    I'm gonna guess I missed lunch.

    Just fought off a fingered Inhibitor switch on the Aristo.. what a KHHHHhhhharnnnnnnnnnttt!!!!!!

    Lucky I've been doin' my Meditation and fkn yoga.. else I'd a burnt the fukker in the driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Managed to repair...but busted both the plugs.. fitted in nonreachableunclippablemicrospace on Auto...well done Toyota.. well done.

    Edit oh Yeh.. sorry OFF Thread... just sayin' Mr Keys..
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  6. #86
    Member keys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    bedford
    Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Posts
    3,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    I'm gonna guess I missed lunch.

    Just fought off a fingered Inhibitor switch on the Aristo.. what a KHHHHhhhharnnnnnnnnnttt!!!!!!

    Lucky I've been doin' my Meditation and fkn yoga.. else I'd a burnt the fukker in the driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Managed to repair...but busted both the plugs.. fitted in nonreachableunclippablemicrospace on Auto...well done Toyota.. well done.

    Edit oh Yeh.. sorry OFF Thread... just sayin' Mr Keys..
    Sorry mate ran out of time at the airport now bloody Wickham Shopping Center
    .....

  7. #87
    Member IGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TD Headquarters
    Motorbike
    Yamaha CLP-440
    Liked
    55 times
    Posts
    4,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, has anyone booked through these guys for next Saturday's track day?


  8. #88
    Member TurboR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just a speck in the distance
    Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Posts
    16,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Is it this Saturday coming? their calendar page says it's the week after next.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

  9. #89
    Member IGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TD Headquarters
    Motorbike
    Yamaha CLP-440
    Liked
    55 times
    Posts
    4,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Likes TurboR1, CbrRider81 liked this post

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    R6
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The buggers have put track day prices up to $210 for a weekend ( was $180) mid week is now $180 (was $160). Pretty expensive when a car track day with WASCC is only $75.
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

  11. #91
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    The buggers have put track day prices up to $210 for a weekend ( was $180) mid week is now $180 (was $160). Pretty expensive when a car track day with WASCC is only $75.
    Other organisations should also hold track days to create some price competition... oh wait *something something exclusivity clause*
    Likes CbrRider81, Dunc liked this post

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    R6
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Other organisations should also hold track days to create some price competition... oh wait *something something exclusivity clause*
    I emailed track action and they said Barbagallo is making them pay $20 extra for parking and electricity.

  13. #93
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I emailed track action and they said Barbagallo is making them pay $20 extra for parking and electricity.
    And it was apparently WASCC charging for the bays a month or so ago. Are we certain of the instigator of both of these increased costs? If so that means WASCC was looking to make an extra $40 per rider - surely the cost of track hire covers these things?

    There's a very good chance WASCC lease won't be renewed (and they know that) so may be looking to make some coin before an independent body takes over.

    The absence of info as to why and by whom implied it was instigated by Track Action.
    Last edited by Kristy; 31-10-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Likes Dunc liked this post

  14. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    R6
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    And it was apparently WASCC charging for the bays a month or so ago. Are we certain of the instigator of both of these increased costs? If so that means WASCC was looking to make an extra $40 per rider - surely the cost of track hire covers these things?

    There's a very good chance WASCC lease won't be renewed (and they know that) so may be looking to make some coin before an independent body takes over.

    The absence of info as to why and by whom implied it was instigated by Track Action.
    Im going to pay on the day and I will ask for a discount as I ride my bike up, dont use tyre warmers and am happy to park in the peasent area.

  15. #95
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it seems the cost for parking in bays has just been rebranded as parking and electricity costs.
    Likes Dunc liked this post

  16. #96
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    5,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Been doing my trackdays in the interior. $430 fine near Peterborough for +9000k's a good return.
    Likes Wahoo, Dunc liked this post

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    R6
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this reply from WASCC

    "Hi Duncan

    The price increase was of $20 and is to include the carport fee so bike riders have access to power for tyre warmers etc. If you do enter and do not need access to power the $20 will be refunded on the day."

    I will get a $20 refund but I think $20 is a bit steep for those that do use warmers
    Last edited by Dunc; 01-11-2018 at 06:04 PM.

  18. #98
    Member Wahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South
    Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Posts
    1,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just out of interest, a single garage spot with access to power is $15/day at Phillip Island Circuit.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

  19. #99
    Member marras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NOR
    Liked
    379 times
    Posts
    2,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Just out of interest, a single garage spot with access to power is $15/day at Phillip Island Circuit.
    Barbagello is not Phillip Island.
    Likes Para045, Shady7/8 liked this post

  20. #100
    Member Wahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South
    Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Posts
    1,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    Barbagello is not Phillip Island.
    Fancy that, who would have guessed
    Also out of interest, Ride Day cost plus garage fee if known
    Phillip Island Ride Day $295 +$15 garage fee for single
    Eastern Creek NSW $285 and no fee for garage
    Morgan Park Q $180-$200
    Broadford Vic $150-$180
    Wakefield Park $150-$185
    The Bend SA $295- $325
    Winton Vic $200
    Collie WA $150
    Hidden Valley NT. Members apply www.terra.org.au/
    Barbagallo $180-$210 + $20 garage fee
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •