Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2008 gsxr1000

I'm currently looking at moving to an S1000RR for a few creature comforts, so up for sale is my GSXR. I've had it advertised on gumtree with reasonable interest but have had way too many suspicious characters so I'd prefer to sell to a community like this. I'm willing to negotiate and do a reasonable deal for a low-fuss, responsible buyer.

Firstly; the major downside: from a low speed drop, the majority of the fairings on the left hand side have light to moderate scratches, scuffs and marks. The damage is cosmetic, and the bar ends and footpeg have been replaced. So, with this in mind, would suit a good track bike, quick daily commuter or fast weekend bike for someone who's not worried about the scuffs. The clear windshield has some yellowing also. If you're happy to deal with non oem fairings, a replacement kit is ~$700 on eBay. Note: as it's not crystal clear in the photos, although it should be obvious there's scrapes on the LHS fairing on the logo and in a few locations.

Upsides:

Bike has been serviced and inspected as required with JASO MA2 oils. Mechanically, the bike is in good condition with 35400 km, with chain, sprockets and tyres in good condition. 3 months registration remaining and serviced recently, so this is a low cost, low hassle bike and should be perfectly reliable as it has been for me in the ~20,000 km I've put on it.

-Near new pilot road 4's- 6 months old, with minimal use as I've been carpooling to work. Excellent all round and wet weather tyre
    -Powercommander 3 usb tuned (can use a small dip switch to trigger quickshift/fuel cut if desired)
    -Ohlins steering damper
    -Metalgear floating front ss rotors and pads
    -Braided lines
    -Brembo front master cylinder
    -Kaneg rearsets
    -Aftermarket levers
    -Spare black windshield
    -Rearstand and spools

Test rides only with valid R class licence presented and deposit. Absolutely non-negotiable. If you don't have your licence yet (not that I recommend this as a first time R class bike) I'm happy to demonstrate the bike running, moving and drop it to you assuming a reasonable price is negotiated.

Asking $5500 ONO, but as said I'm willing to negotiate for someone who's happy to perform the transaction in a professional and transparent manner, who doesn't cold call me at work with broken english demanding to see the bike within hours. Cheers

Pm here
    lindsay.jack.wood@gmail.com

Please no calls- tired of explaining I can't speak at work. If you could mention you're from PSB when you message that would be great also. Shoot me an offer, you won't offend me
    Last edited by Elwood; 27-08-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    Likes INTJ liked this post

Motorbike
    'Zooki Gixxer
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump- heading to the US for a work trip soon and would like a sale before then.