Liked
    11 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    It's test anxiety compounded with needing to book a test and take whatever day and time is available 10 months into the future, then change your whole life plan accordingly. It's also that the test expectations are seemingly inconsistent among assessors. It's also uncertainty of test conditions like weather, traffic, other drivers on the road etc. And it's the build-up of a few years of riding a bike on your own, then going through a 10 minute shit-show that can make or break the dream. Some people have a $20,000 bike waiting for them and if they fail, it would be devastating. I saw it happen the day I had my test just because the nervous cunt forgot to buckle his helmet before starting his engine. A test is something we'd all avoid like the damn plague and anyone who says otherwise is special.
    Well colour me special INTJ.
    Look I get your point, nerves are shit and tests are an inconvenience. Maybe I am looking back on it with rose coloured glasses but I remember looking forward to my bike tests. Sure if I failed it was a bummer but you only had to rebook and do it again which was no big deal but if I passed it meant that I had accomplished something and I could legally ride any bike available without fear of repercussion, not shitting myself every time I saw a cop car, I could carry a girl on the back and she would be reassured that I had a license to ride the beast (whether she should have been reassured is beside the point). The list goes on and the positives far outweighed the negatives.
    Besides all that, when I did my test there was not really any talk of not doing it or that the rules might change. No one had even heard of LAMS and the rules changed fairly rarely so we just sucked it up and got on with it. Yes there was talk of just riding a big bike and copping the occasional $50 fine which some people did but most wised up in the end and did the right thing. I just don't remember the feeling of entitlement that I am seeing from people today saying that they shouldn't have to do it, or they should find a way around it or hoping the rules change because they feel that the rules are unnecessary for them. Fact is no-one has ever said to someone boasting about riding without there license, "top stuff mate, you're cool!".

Oh shit... I just re-read this and I have become an old man starting sentences with words like 'back in my day'. Well I am all for accepting the inevitable so if anyone knows where I can buy a good rocking chair...
    The body is weak and needs to be punished!
    Likes Kristy, Thomas Peel, westy74 liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocking Chair..?

Try the tip shop, mate

Fuck 'em !!!!!!! ride out of class.. deemed retard. Get caught ..just shut the fuk up and take the punishment.

If I hear you say "Why ME....???" Not my job.. you'll have to just face reality for a brief moment.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westfall View Post
    Oh shit... I just re-read this and I have become an old man starting sentences with words like 'back in my day'. Well I am all for accepting the inevitable so if anyone knows where I can buy a good rocking chair...
    ilbuono would be so proud. just needs an 80s reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes CbrRider81 liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "for a prac test" argument fails against the "hookers and blow" argument.

I is getting another laverda. '81 model.
    Hashtag Friday Hashtag '80s Hashtag Bunno.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"
    Likes CbrRider81 liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the R test is a good idea only in that it pretty much stops people from scraping through their RE, not riding for 12 months at all, waiting for their automatic R upgrade then buying a 1198.

other than that, it's required still..no point complaining about it - the time you spend doing that could be saved up and used for the test! if you want it that bad, you'll move heaven and hell to get it, if you're sat around complaining, you can't really want it that much.

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get everyoneís view on this subject. It would be handy to have to auto upgrade would save the day off work finding a shadow blah blah blah. But thatís not the way it is. Admittedly I had hoped that it would change to auto upgrade for reasons stated all ready hahaha. Diwilla makes a very valid point about get ya RE sitting your ass not gaining any experience at then jumping on a big boy bike could end in disaster.

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    I don't like the idea of forcing 95% of people through an unnecessary hoop just to cater to the 5% retard sub-group
    I feel the libertarian argument INTJ,
    Just remember that every motorcycle crash is an ACA story, and if you open the sluice gates to the bottom 5% that can't even get their shit together for 20 minutes, they join the motorcycling community and you will get tarred with the same brush like it or not - that's both socially and financially.

3rd world countries like the US have some extremely laid back licencing requirements and that is reflected in their colossal fatality rates compared to other OECD nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.
    Likes Thomas Peel, dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.WoS......Bottom 5% then becomes...well, no longer an issue..

Then we move up the rope to the next 5%

Eventually we will arrive at the middle 5% ...by then motorcycles will be a vague memory.

ACA..? we now need a txt.ing Murdercyclist to crash into a house full of kids n kittens..and do the runner while on fire..?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nooooo! Don't run. Stop drop and roll.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
    I feel the libertarian argument INTJ,
    Just remember that every motorcycle crash is an ACA story, and if you open the sluice gates to the bottom 5% that can't even get their shit together for 20 minutes, they join the motorcycling community and you will get tarred with the same brush like it or not - that's both socially and financially.

3rd world countries like the US have some extremely laid back licencing requirements and that is reflected in their colossal fatality rates compared to other OECD nations.
    Yep

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    I think the R test is a good idea only in that it pretty much stops people from scraping through their RE, not riding for 12 months at all, waiting for their automatic R upgrade then buying a 1198.
    +1 Pretty much as I see it as well, they really should be making the test much harder to stop this happening rather than just doing the same test again just hoping they haven't forgotten anything after 12 months
    Going to LAMS was a good thing IMO as it gave a lot more variation in MC's available to suit different body sizes etc but having a situation where someone could theoretically do their RE, ride a few times on an R125 and then auto upgrade to a litre bike is asking for trouble
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Benzo liked this post