User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WSB going to a 3 race weekend.....

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WSB going to a 3 race weekend.....

I know there's not much interest in WSB here, but still.

https://motomatters.com/news/2018/10...eekend_in.html
    Likes Triple, BlackFZR, ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
    I know there's not much interest in WSB here, but still.

https://motomatters.com/news/2018/10...eekend_in.html
    As points are yet to be released, it is interesting to see just HOW the sprint race rates in the scheme of things.

What happens if points are minimal and a World title is on the line in the last round, so a team withholds it's rider from the sprint in order to protect him until the final 'main' race, just in case he/she is involved in a bingle with an unrated rider? [ or any rider]
    What about protecting the engine/tyres? How will that be structured with qualies?

What if teams pulled their riders at random throughout the year to soften risk, especially if the track is wet, or weather inclement? Media rights?

I'd say they are really considering just HOW much importance is placed on this part of the weekend. Especially as a value for money thing.

If the sprints do carry the same importance as the mains however, then it will be a very interesting addition to the series indeed..
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My view is go back to 1 race, on the Sunday, like MotoGP. Lay it all on the line.

2 days of practice/qualifying and then a distance juuuuust long enough to make them think hard about tyre life.

Then fill in time for the crowd with Supersport or Superstock 1000's or 600's [ whatever there called ] and the SSP300 to round it all out.
    Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont know if you know David but superstock got the flick. That being removed has opened up the time for this to happen.

I think its a good move. Its going to be a big weekend for riders and perhaps some will conserve to get better places in the main races. While riders with a bit more of a carefree attitude and ambition will peg back a few points in the sprint. Might even things out a bit.

Be an interesting year. New BMW in design, Honda is pumping up hps in its road bike and a v4 Ducati. And with this addition hopefully it all translates into closer competition.
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xrsism View Post
    Dont know if you know David but superstock got the flick. That being removed has opened up the time for this to happen.

I think its a good move. Its going to be a big weekend for riders and perhaps some will conserve to get better places in the main races. While riders with a bit more of a carefree attitude and ambition will peg back a few points in the sprint. Might even things out a bit.

Be an interesting year. New BMW in design, Honda is pumping up hps in its road bike and a v4 Ducati. And with this addition hopefully it all translates into closer competition.
    On another viewpoint, sprint races might give potential teams a look at a rider who might be on less competitive gear , who can show his wares for a new contract. Maybe even a ride in the Premier classes, or Wildcard..
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes xrsism liked this post