Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Fuk even Yamaha did it with the XJR1300.( Suzuki 1400 clone)

.fuk yeh "Retro Club Redoubt."

Maybe I should just get a finger out and finish the 1135/FJ/GSXR yeh that....
    That sounds yoshimurish... not that I'd know. There is a bloke up here (NT) with a shitfkton (40+) of bikes including mint SP1 and SP2 that he dont ride.

He toys with the idea of selling them I think he likes to look. Imagine getting one of those hondas and renewing all suspension, gaskets and deteriorated plastics and rubber. A wonderful bike to ride.

I want one of his elsinores.
    Likes Stephan liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
    Blaming the youth for a bike literally designed to cater for old nostalgic types.

That's a new one.
    Read the quote properly..I spoke about the transformer look...not the Kuntana cum again.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    650 kat is on the cards also

should just stick with this

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post

should just stick with this

Oh that's nice

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    It could have been much much better...

You know it's sad when even Honda can make an exciting retro styled bike, even if it's one that's just a concept;
    I'd buy that in a heartbeat, just glorious....

- - - Updated - - -

As a previous owner of Katana's, I'm more than a little underwhelmed, but a look in the flesh will possibly help.

12l fuel tank, seriously?

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pnork View Post
    Oh that's nice
    Pity it's only a 650. That stuffed with a bored out SV1000/TL1000 to 1100cc would be nice. Or even a new design 1290/1300cc twin would be ace.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

llbuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post

Vs:

No comparison.

(And yes I know the newer bike will be faster)
    I agree no comparison and thread needs more comments from former owners that is if they still ride most would be nearly 60 years old still i had two of them back then the 1981 model with the full fairing you had to buy the fairing and fit it yourself and the race wire wheel model but my cb 1100 r was better.

To compare them you need to have ridden them back then otherwise your just guessing.

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    To compare them you need to have ridden them back then otherwise your just guessing.
    I think it's a very good educated "guess" that 30 years of engine, chassis, suspension and braking technology is going to see the new one, no matter how fucking ugly it looks, leave the original for dead in every department...

Except looks...

The new thing looks like a piece of shit and shouldn't have the Katana name attached to it...
    Likes N/A liked this post

llbuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    I think it's a very good educated "guess" that 30 years of engine, chassis, suspension and braking technology is going to see the new one, no matter how fucking ugly it looks, leave the original for dead in every department...

Except looks...

The new thing looks like a piece of shit and shouldn't have the Katana name attached to it...
    I actually agree but to judge the old one you at least have to have ridden one the handling was average for the day they were long and heavy and the brakes were no match for a ducati but the engine well the engine pulled like a train and the gearbox was smooth as silk.

The new bike like the original one is attracting the same comments they said at the time about the original katana.

A lot of people at the time thought the katana looked terrible compared to a Z1R for example but the bike grew on people but was technically obsolete compared with some of the bikes that came out around the same time such as the gpz 900.

You are right i don't think this new katana is going to grow on people and really looks nothing like the original mostly.

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llbuono View Post
    grew on people
    So does cancer.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a fukkin' minute!!!!!

Jap tuning factory has a 20 bike production run of the Kat. (1000 cc)

168Kg 212 ps @ 12,900 rpm.

Ditto on V twin/V4 Katana @ 1100-1300cc hell yeh..!
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone Cat View Post
    http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...atana/features

Being an old bloke, I remember the Katana's hey day. Done the occasional day dream about picking up one and doing it up, a classic for the shed so to speak.

Not sure what I think about a reboot, though I reckon Suzuki have done a nice job modernizing the bike. The head light is instantly recognizable as is the overall styling and colour.
    I reckon it's going to divide opinions, but I'm gunna chuck my hat in the "like it" team.

It's been a concept bike for quite a while, but now it looks like it is official!

Hoping the 12 litre fuel tank capacity is a mis print!
    When they first came out one of the reviewers' comment on the styling was it would be the bike that you'd pick if you were going to go back in a time machine to the 50's to blow everyone's mind. Designed by Hans Muth (from BMW) - you can see the same design concept in the R65LS

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would have thought they could make the Katana uglier.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get bikes like this. When I was looking for the new bike for commuting most people were like "got to get an upright bike," Tried all sorts, B King, CBF (exactly) and others I soon forgot.
    As soon as I rode the 'blade I was instantly comfortable again.

This looks stupid with the angular front fairing with old man handlebars sticking up in the air!

llbuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone Cat View Post
    http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...atana/features

Being an old bloke, I remember the Katana's hey day. Done the occasional day dream about picking up one and doing it up, a classic for the shed so to speak.

Not sure what I think about a reboot, though I reckon Suzuki have done a nice job modernizing the bike. The head light is instantly recognizable as is the overall styling and colour.
    I reckon it's going to divide opinions, but I'm gunna chuck my hat in the "like it" team.

It's been a concept bike for quite a while, but now it looks like it is official!

Hoping the 12 litre fuel tank capacity is a mis print!
    I thought you owned a katana still when i last spoke to on here people thought the original one was ugly when i bought mine in 1981 my mates on kwakas laughed at me till i left them behind.

I feel they shouldn't do retros they tried it before kawasaki with the zephyr which was closer to the original than the new retro.

They should just be left as collectors items as they have seen there time having bought a few late model bikes in the last few years it has been a revelation to me it goes far beyond tyre technology.

It probably won't be in my lifetime but in another thirty years bikes will be better still and they are already amazing to me the brakes on my gsxr 750 are incredibly powerful with a progressive take up we could only dream of on a katana which were a handful to stop.
    Last edited by llbuono; 11-11-2018 at 08:26 PM.