Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missed opportunity

Hello everyone, first post!

A wee story...
    It was all going to plan, I had done about 5 lessons while waiting for an RE test to come up at a reasonable date (not 6 months away) ,felt good, instructor said I would be fine, looked every day online and boom, I found one, 4 days away!
    Messaged my instructor and got the lesson + equipment rental for my big day booked in. Turned up on time for my pre test lesson and hmm there's nobody here from my instructors mob.
    Called him up, yeah its been booked for the next hour by mistake sorry about that you will have to do the test without a lesson but someone WILL show up. Fine by me I guess its still up to me.
    Anyway got to test time and nobody showed up, had to explain to the friendly guy taking the test that I couldn't do it because I am sans motorbike.

So my question is....are the stories of instructors being able to get a booking moved up or getting preferential bookings true? If so does anyone have any recommendations of who to contact since I dont think I will be dealing with this crew again.
    Booking are out to April or non existent online, more and more bikes are on the road and im beginning to feel like that was my only chance this tax year.

Im based in Belmont area but not travel averse

Cheers
    Adam

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems like a pretty calm post for what has happened.

i would have fucking exploded at the "instructor" and demanded they get me a time slot fairly soon free of charge as it was their fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    Bandit 1200S
    Liked
    69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instructors don't get any preferential access to the test booking system, however if they have other learners with tests already booked, they do have the ability to swap the bookings between their learners.

So for example if your instructor has four other students, all with tests booked
    You go and rebook, get an obscene date in april next year
    Then your instructor swaps your date with one of four possible other dates from his students

As you can see it's somewhat limited to prevent people gaming the system - you're more likely to get a suitable date by hunting for another cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since the other day now the rules have changed, so the instructor has absolutely double fucked you dry.
    Likes crispymk2 liked this post

Inactive Member
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve recently gone through the test process and looked online a couple of times a day till I found a cancellation that suited.

If you don’t care where I found West Perth and Joondalup had more movement in the bookings. Had to wait no more than 3-4 weeks from the time I decided to book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Honda VTR 250 Supersport Naked RRII Goosefat
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're looking for a reliable instructor you can't go past Simon Poole from Smartrider.
    Likes Wahoo liked this post

Motorbike
    none (yet)
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well cheers for the replies, I wasn’t calm honestly I was absolutely spewing but I wasn’t sure what the correct conduct was on psb, thanks for clearing up how it all works too chaps it all makes sense. I got a new assessment in Mandurah coming up,did it on my own I couldn’t stomach dealing with the old trainer anymore. Do it yourself do it right and all that. Like water pig said I learned that I now also have an extra year on my license before trying for r license so yeah pretty livid.
    Iv never laid an official complaint for anything in my life but this might be my first.

If I pass tomorrow I will see you out there!
    Likes =Maz=, Tim the PM, Tron, Water pig, BlackFZR liked this post

Motorbike
    Suzuki Intruder VL250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlongdrummer View Post
    If you're looking for a reliable instructor you can't go past Simon Poole from Smartrider.
    Not 100% reliable

Sent from my HTC_D10i using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Honda VTR 250 Supersport Naked RRII Goosefat
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andeek View Post
    Not 100% reliable

Sent from my HTC_D10i using Tapatalk
    His skills as an instructor made up for the couple of times he's had to push my lesson back 10 mins.

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlongdrummer View Post
    His skills as an instructor made up for the couple of times he's had to push my lesson back 10 mins.
    I had lessons with Simon about 6 yrs ago now and he was great. He was an excellent instructor and I had a few really bad ones before I went to him. Great guy to learn from.
    I even trusted him to pick up my brand new Diavel that I could not ride home as I only had my 250cc license for a little while then.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Motorbike
    Monster 1200S
    Liked
    3 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wouldn’t have been on Monday 22nd October would it?
    Last edited by falcon; 17-11-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Motorbike
    none (yet)
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I passed, Cant comment on Simon Poole but I will compliment the guys from Gibbos down in Rockingham, Both instructors saw me right and I passed no issue.
    On the road now with a tidy ninja, covered in my friends gear. The next thing is to get my own stuff, bye bye $$$$

Thanks for the help!
    Adam
    Likes CbrRider81, Tron, Electron, Water pig, Stephan liked this post