Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got kicked out of a FB Bike Group when I posted the same as above in their group.
    The Admin post a new thread saying she had removed my comments and “Who cares who and how they rode on the ride.”
    You are a gem Jules Keely.
    I do. Because your Fuckwits rode exactly like Fuckwits.
    Because I was the Cunt coming at you.

Anyway.
    Read this and laugh. I did.
    Although not the ride I passed but I would imagine they are all alike going by experiences with large group rides.

https://www.albanyadvertiser.com.au/...ng-b881138975z

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, just read the article, 3 riders on a straight road... I snorted my coffee at the "black ice" comment. Not one seemed to look at their own actions and think... "Oh yeah, I did a stupid"

I'll go out on a limb here and take a stab that they were bunching up, then accelerating hard, only to have to brake hard again as the pack slows. Eventually the combination of riders braking to riders accelerating overlaps and you get the clusterfuck of bikes crashing on a straight bit of road.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes GreenMeanie, AZAZL, thro liked this post
    Dislikes DB-C50 disliked this post

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proving Adventure bikes are unnecessary to have an Adventure.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it was wet.
    Hey there, Hey fella.
    Likes GreenMeanie, lit, thro liked this post

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Eventually the combination of riders braking to riders accelerating overlaps and you get the clusterfuck of bikes crashing on a straight bit of road.
    And this is why i can't be bothered riding with a bunch of randoms any more.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, just read the article, 3 riders on a straight road... I snorted my coffee at the "black ice" comment. Not one seemed to look at their own actions and think... "Oh yeah, I did a stupid"

I'll go out on a limb here and take a stab that they were bunching up, then accelerating hard, only to have to brake hard again as the pack slows. Eventually the combination of riders braking to riders accelerating overlaps and you get the clusterfuck of bikes crashing on a straight bit of road.
    Yep too one look at the picture and thought the same, it's pretty bloody obvious that is going to be slippery but there is plenty of good road near the centreline

Lolled at this comment “Main Roads asks all motorists to drive with care in wet conditions, slow down on approach to work sites and to obey all temporary traffic control signage.”
    Here's a thought how about fix the road properly rather than just put reduced speed signs on there and do nothing? It's like that on Toodyay Rd between Stoneville Rd & Roland Rd, they did a shit job of chucking blue metal down on some wet tar and the trucks and cars ripped it all off, that was nearly a year ago and it still hasn't been fixed
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Boulevard C90T
    Liked
    104 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see that everyone assumes that the riders were riding badly.

I was on that road about 30 seconds behind the incident. We were 30 seconds behind because pretty much everyone on that ride was well spread out because of the conditions and riding a bit below the posted speed limit. Throughout the entire ride there’s was no real evidence of the sort of surging we see in a lot of group rides - again because of the conditions (wet roads and a far amount of oil from grain trucks)

The section where it happened, the bitumen was ridiculously smooth and was pretty damn slippery. I wouldn’t say black ice but then I wasn’t on that side of the lane having chosen a slightly drier patch near the centre, so I can’t tell you just how slick it was (and didn’t want my beast on it). What I can say was that even a light touch on the brakes on some part of that road was sphincter tightening so anything that required braking harder than that (animals, bike going over) was going to create some difficulty.

Yes it may be that someone made a small mistake (it wouldn’t have taken much) but I wouldn’t suggest that they (and I know them) we’re riding like dickheads as you’re suggesting. I’ve been on BDR’s for a few years now (and led a few) and can say that on the whole, the riding on these is a fair bit (actually a lot) better that a lot of other group rides I’ve been on.
    There is no better sight than a group of cruisers riding down the highway.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I posted previously. Was a different group And they were on my side of the road. Far beyond a mirror.
    And on the straight bits when they passed they only followed the bike in front of them, didn’t look for themselves.
    The head light on my bike only gets complaints about being too bright.
    I’m sorry. You can’t defend that bullshit. One out of 300 maybe. 10 or 15, no way.

Motorbike
    Boulevard C90T
    Liked
    104 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    As I posted previously. Was a different group And they were on my side of the road. Far beyond a mirror.
    And on the straight bits when they passed they only followed the bike in front of them, didn’t look for themselves.
    The head light on my bike only gets complaints about being too bright.
    I’m sorry. You can’t defend that bullshit. One out of 300 maybe. 10 or 15, no way.
    Fair point. I’d be contacting the BDR and making it known that there was some pretty shitty riding on that particular ride. I’d be pissed too as I’ve been in similar rides (not necessarily BDR ones) and pulled out because of that sort of crap.

We’ve had a few on our BDR rides and they usually get stood on at the first break and asked nicely (or not) to leave it. It’s supposed to be a charity ride not a race for numptys. Hard enough to herd 200 bikes without that sort of behaviour.

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DB-C50 View Post
    Yes it may be that someone made a small mistake (it wouldn’t have taken much) but I wouldn’t suggest that they (and I know them) we’re riding like dickheads as you’re suggesting. I’ve been on BDR’s for a few years now (and led a few) and can say that on the whole, the riding on these is a fair bit (actually a lot) better that a lot of other group rides I’ve been on.
    I'm not suggesting they were riding like dickheads either. It's traffic 101, you get a group of bikes, cars, any traffic really come to think of it and you will always get bunching, best explained with this at about the 1min mark;

It's simple human nature and reaction, bunch slow, accelerate, slow, bunch, repeat. All it takes is the timing of one person to get it wrong and it cascades. And with bikes it's always extra special when one goes down, as is often the case others follow the very path they want to avoid.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    ZX10R, SV650S, DRZ400SM, YZ250, CRF50
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my god, that is funny...

nothing wrong with the road, just riders.. fuck they would die on roads in the hills if chester pass is giving them troubles

black ice pffft wait till the rain hits i'll show you what black ice is out on the trails

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they have seen black ice?
    Or actually ridden a motorcycle on it?

Motorbike
    Boulevard C90T
    Liked
    104 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you’re amused by people getting fairly seriously injured. Over the top comments in a newspaper don’t help, but I don’t see the funny side of a couple of mates hospitalised.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DB-C50 View Post
    Glad you’re amused by people getting fairly seriously injured. Over the top comments in a newspaper don’t help, but I don’t see the funny side of a couple of mates hospitalised.
    Amused is not actually what I am feeling.
    Pissed off would be a better description.
    I personally had the pleasure of unfortunately using the road as the BDR, only I was going in the opposite direction and not the BDR that the newspaper article is about.
    As a motorcyclist i’d Be ‘pissed’ if a few Cagers did what they were doing.
    But shit! These Knobs were fellow Motorcyclists.

As I mentioned prior. I posted to an independent group that had a large number of them attend the ride I passed.
    In the post I made it very obvious I was the bike going in the opposite direction and a number of those riders needed to do a PDA and gave a discription of their riding.
    The posts were deleted and I was removed from the group. Not that being removed from the group was any loss.
    The biggest ‘piss me off’ was the Admins comment.
    “Who cares who was on the ride and how they rode.”

Yes. You are probably right. There is a little spiteful glee in my comments.

The Admin is in fact a member of PSB. Avoiding her rides maybe a very good Road Safety initiative.

Motorbike
    Boulevard C90T
    Liked
    104 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. I got bagged myself for daring to suggest that a heap of riders returning from the York festival a couple of years ago could do with a serious attitude adjustment so know where you’re coming from.

As a former coordinator of a BDR I know how much effort we put in to ensure everyone gets through safely. It seems that for that bunch the message didn’t get through. As a participant in the ride mentioned in the newspaper, I can assure you it did.

As for how you were treated and responded to. That sucks and definitely does nothing to promote safe riding.