Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2007 Street Triple $4000

2007 Street Triple

54XXXkms

This has been my daily rider for a couple of years. Lightweight, fast, agile and comfortable.

Has some cosmetic issues which are reflected in price. Details below and photos to come.

So why am I selling? One too many scares with roos up here in the hills = want new bike with ABS...

The Good:
    Mechanically well and regularly maintained.
    Recent brake overhaul at West Horizon Moto.
    SC Projects exhausts. With baffles in - sounds warm and gentlemanly; without baffles - phwoaaar!
    Rear tyre is 2 weeks old.
    Front tyre lots left.
    Full plastics kit
    R & G engine covers
    Radiator cover
    Never thrashed or tracked. Rarely ridden in city traffic.

The Not-As-Good:

Recent low speed drop has scraped bar ends, cracked front fender and small scratch on tank. Sliders took most of fall. Brakes and frame have all been professionally checked afterwards. All mechanically sound.

Chrome on one headlight peeling - but hidden underneath front cowling.

Small wear on side of saddle.

- - - Updated - - -

Please view this ad:

Triumph Street Triple 675 2007,
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/darli...nt=app_android

Price: $4,200 Negotiable

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
    http://goo.gl/7NzhP

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Be prepared for the shock of your life when you get ABS.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    '99 trx 850, 2005 FZ6n, Honda CT 110
    Liked
    10 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for putting the pics up Turbo.
    You're not a fan of ABS?

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, worst thing to ever go on bikes. And the first thing I removed on both my old race ZX10R and my road going ZX10R. (also one of the first things that all racers remove from their bikes).

Sorry to hijack/off topic on your for sale thread but since you asked;

The only thing ABS can do is release your brakes... ABS can only mask and maybe save a shit rider from shit braking technique.

You would be far better off, regardless of bike, putting braided lines on it, upgrade the master cylinder and if budget allows calipers and discs/rotors and learn how to brake at the limit of your bikes ability. Learn how to do a rolling stoppie so you don't shit yourself if the back lifts or the front locks.

A well set up braking package and a skilled rider can brake far better than a bike that has ABS activated due to hamfisted brake application. ABS is not the silver bullet and final word in braking.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes robwas, FJ Steve, Mr Bean, Biggles liked this post

Liked
    351 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Nope, worst thing to ever go on bikes. And the first thing I removed on both my old race ZX10R and my road going ZX10R. (also one of the first things that all racers remove from their bikes).

Sorry to hijack/off topic on your for sale thread but since you asked;

The only thing ABS can do is release your brakes... ABS can only mask and maybe save a shit rider from shit braking technique.

You would be far better off, regardless of bike, putting braided lines on it, upgrade the master cylinder and if budget allows calipers and discs/rotors and learn how to brake at the limit of your bikes ability. Learn how to do a rolling stoppie so you don't shit yourself if the back lifts or the front locks.

A well set up braking package and a skilled rider can brake far better than a bike that has ABS activated due to hamfisted brake application. ABS is not the silver bullet and final word in braking.
    But my Superbike with ABS, anti wheelie (don't know why you would want to take the fun out of riding a bike?) and traction control makes me safe when I do the Gozzy GP.
    RR VRT #100
    Sponsors Wanted.
    Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
    A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:
    Likes Tron liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep I've even junked the traction control on my ZX10R, as even with a Woolich tune and it turned down to 1/2 of the original minimum setting it was far too intrusive. It now stays off.

Sorry, further thread derailing.

Motorbike
    '99 trx 850, 2005 FZ6n, Honda CT 110
    Liked
    10 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts. I totally agree it's not a fail-safe for crap braking technique. Have ridden bikes with it before (and not activated it except deliberately on sketchy surfaces) but never on a long termer. We'll see how it goes.

Motorbike
    1988 GSF250P, 2010 Z1000, 2013 Z800
    Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree that a proper brake upgrade (lines/pads at a minimum) that give far more feel, bite and progressiveness and knowing their limits is the ultimate way to go, ABS is just there to save you IF you completely fuck up and grab a fistful of brake when you shouldn't have.

Useful perhaps for those not so involved riders among us, and I do see the value on a commuter in terms of the unpredictability of traffic and weather/road conditions, but again depends on personal taste. I can say I have no regrets canning the ABS system on my Z1000 and doing a direct to caliper braided line kit + Sintered pads and new fluid, what a difference.

As stated, sorry to stay off topic in your FS thread, good luck with the sale, that's a lot of bike for 4 grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.