Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parts for Shark Helmet

Have a Shark Skwal Helmet, owned for ~1yr and the internal sun visor has lost it's coating. Replaceable part so not covered by Warranty anyway nil stock in Australia and won't be till December.
    I've had a look online, but there's 40pounds of flat rate shipping on it. Added with the 43pound for the Sun Visor itself ..
    Cully's were only talking about $35 for the internal sun shield and I don't mind paying a bit of a premium, but that pill's a little hard to swallow.
    Anyone used a store from Europe with kinder shipping rates ?

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My usual Euro supplier comes to $76 delivered. You'll always struggle with small low cost items as typically the shipping will kill any saving you may get. Anything under ~$100 is rarely worth going OS for.

I'd order two from Cully's
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    ZX10R
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika79 View Post
    Have a Shark Skwal Helmet, owned for ~1yr and the internal sun visor has lost it's coating. Replaceable part so not covered by Warranty
    I'm really struggling to see how this wouldn't be covered under warranty. If you bought sunglasses and after a year they became just glasses I'd be pretty pissed. If it lost the coating due to rubbing when extending/retracting the visor would that not be a defective product? Isn't every part replaceable? Is there something I am missing here as to why they wouldn't replace/fix under warranty other than if it is only a 1 year warranty and just gone slightly passed?

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just one of the reasons I will never be buying a shark Helmet again.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Kawasaki '10 Z1000, Honda '04 CBR600RR, 80' CB750FZ
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    My usual Euro supplier comes to $76 delivered. You'll always struggle with small low cost items as typically the shipping will kill any saving you may get. Anything under ~$100 is rarely worth going OS for.

I'd order two from Cully's
    I can live with AUD$76 delivered. 90pounds becomes $160, which was the hard pill to swallow. Who's your contact ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Known View Post
    I'm really struggling to see how this wouldn't be covered under warranty. If you bought sunglasses and after a year they became just glasses I'd be pretty pissed. If it lost the coating due to rubbing when extending/retracting the visor would that not be a defective product? Isn't every part replaceable? Is there something I am missing here as to why they wouldn't replace/fix under warranty other than if it is only a 1 year warranty and just gone slightly passed?
    Shark Helmets have a 5yr Warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Just one of the reasons I will never be buying a shark Helmet again.
    Yep, this is what I'm thinking. Last one had the spoiler fly off (covered by Warranty) but always had the visor clip issue. This one's never fitted as well and I'm not really happy about the coating lifting. Live and learn.

Motorbike
    ZX10R
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then even more of a reason it should be warranty covered IMO

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep, this is what I'm thinking. Last one had the spoiler fly off (covered by Warranty) but always had the visor clip issue. This one's never fitted as well and I'm not really happy about the coating lifting. Live and learn.
    I dropped mine off the lounge (like a 50cm drop) and the top cover for all the visor and shit disintegrated and the drop down broke. Got a new helmet under warranty and ended up selling it cheap. Moved over to Arai and have had no issues with quality again. Id recommend switching brands
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.
    Likes Benzo liked this post

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can live with AUD$76 delivered. 90pounds becomes $160, which was the hard pill to swallow. Who's your contact ?
    Go to FC-Moto.de and search for your visor there, create an account, sign up for their newsletter and get the discount code.

Once you have your account, log in and that way you get the VAT free pricing. You may still get stung in Australia/Paypal for GST
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Mika79 liked this post