69 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    it would appear that not all kevlars aint kevlars
    That's what lead up to the CE EN13595 standard being created. Garments that have been tested to meet that standard have to meet minimum abrasion, impact, and tear resistance. Unfortunately it's quite expensive for manufacturers to get the testing done at approved laboratories, so the smaller brands end up hovering ambiguously around the edge of the market and it's 'buyer beware'

I believe "they" are creating a new standard to test a broader range of gear more cheaply.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.
    Likes dwillia liked this post

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
    That's what lead up to the CE EN13595 standard being created. Garments that have been tested to meet that standard have to meet minimum abrasion, impact, and tear resistance. Unfortunately it's quite expensive for manufacturers to get the testing done at approved laboratories, so the smaller brands end up hovering ambiguously around the edge of the market and it's 'buyer beware'

I believe "they" are creating a new standard to test a broader range of gear more cheaply.
    Well that's good to know, trap for the uninitiated - I won't publicly name the company but suffice to say I will never buy anything "kevlar" that I haven't held in my hands and felt the quality of.