User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Motorbike
    Honda
    Liked
    49 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah yeah sorry, forgot where I was. Death to progress!

How long are their races going to be? Did they up the output to get a few good laps in, or are they going to be able to keep that pace I wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros
    How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely interested to check them out. I don't know what I expected really. I was expecting more of a Moto2 level.

The one thing all the riders comment on is the heavy weight.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AU$390k for your very own RC16?

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bargain...
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems ducati have a well sorted motorcycle, if you remove marquez from the equation they have 3 or 4 potential race winners next year

Motorbike
    Suzuki GSXR750 L2
    Liked
    553 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorge looks to be getting pretty comfortable on the Honda.
    PSN- DOOOM666
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to After the Flag, Jorge and Marc spent some time following each other around (cooperatively) at the Jerez test.

So they seem to be working (well?) together.

If that's the case - Honda domination in 2019.
    Marc practically got the triple crown himself this year - if they have another top rider - it's going to be all over.

Franky looks good on the M1.
    Factory Yammie team still doesn't appear happy.

Iannone crashed a lot and complained - so a seamless transition to yet another manufacturer for the big gronk.

Only 98? days to go...
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    Old Ducati's (trouble) '06 R1 (reliable)
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    According to After the Flag, Jorge and Marc spent some time following each other around (cooperatively) at the Jerez test.

So they seem to be working (well?) together.

If that's the case - Honda domination in 2019.
    Marc practically got the triple crown himself this year - if they have another top rider - it's going to be all over.

Franky looks good on the M1.
    Factory Yammie team still doesn't appear happy.

Iannone crashed a lot and complained - so a seamless transition to yet another manufacturer for the big gronk.

Only 98? days to go...
    Marky Mark and Gorgeous George may be playing nicely in the development sandpit but I expect the gloves will come off come race time. No way will George want to be one of the Funky Bunch back up singers, so I fully expect the hair pulling and spit balls to start either at or soon after Qatar 2019. All the same, Honda will sweep rider and manufacturer standings in 2019, no-one else comes close in the talent/consistency/technical excellence stakes.......dammit!

I don't read too much into Franky and Taka in testing. Taka plucked a lotto ball out of the air at the last race, otherwise he never threatened the top 10 all season despite qualifying in some reasonable positions (how do you spell "tow"?). Franky scored a couple of top 10's but I expected a bit more from the 2017 Moto2 champion. Zarco he is not. Maybe he'll find the M1 more to his liking but it's hard to see him extracting what Mav, Vale and Johnny Zarco couldn't.

Speaking of Zarco, I'm just thankful we got to see him on the M1, he's something special. Unfortunately the KTM is going to be a journey he, and we, won't enjoy. Get ready to hear "Are we there yet?" ad infinitum over the season.

Yamaha? I'm thinking a laydown misere is their only hope of winning anything. As brilliant as it was to see Anna Carasco win her World Championship, Mav must surely lay claim to being the first female World Champion: "the bike is brilliant!", "the bike is fucked", "I don't know what is wrong", "there's nothing wrong", "I don't know!" jeeeeeezus, pass the kid some SSRI's and a Woman's Day, puhleeeeeease! Unfortunately for Yamaha fans Lynette Jarvis is obviously her bestie which is bad news for the axe murderer shackled in the corner. I don't know how Rossi does it. With a racing age of 75 he is still as hungry for blood as ever, he's David Berkowitz on a MotoGP bike: it all happened a long time ago but he's still one dangerous mutherfucker. I hope they can get some half useful information from Mav and the motorcycling articles in Woman's Day, otherwise it's going to be a sad end to Rossi's career, like watching one of those miserable bears forced to dance with their teeth and claws ripped out.

I'm actually hopeful that Iannone's input will help transform the underwhelming pizza delivery crew. Lets face it, his head is the size of Jupiter, so maybe somewhere in there, amongst all the pretty girl's phone numbers and "What colour Lambo shall I drive today?" is swag of information from the Ducati and Suzuki Factory efforts. There is no arguing both bikes took giant strides during his tenure but it remains to be seen whether it was because of or in spite of his input.....
    Likes Doug68, Prefectionist, Known liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if Jorge gets in Marquez's face during a race, it will only serve to motivate Marc. He won't go to the media whinging and bitching that his team mate roughed him up.

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there will be surprises all through the season with Marc probably winning the championship, but not with a great margin...my guess is Jorge second, Dovi third, Petrux fourth and Maverick fifth...maybe Rossi sixth...
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I think there will be surprises all through the season with Marc probably winning the championship, but not with a great margin...my guess is Jorge second, Dovi third, Petrux fourth and Maverick fifth...maybe Rossi sixth...
    Four days into the preseason and Maverick Viñales was gushing over the early version of Yamaha’s 2019 M1, stating, “I think this is the bike to be competitive and the bike to win the title.”
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/91...tive-win-title

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jorge may surprise us all. I don't think he'll win the title but he seems to be doing OK - also he's still injured.

Maverick also gushed 2 seasons ago when he topped all the tests. Not wishing bad luck on him/Rossi/Yamaha, just that it looked great two years ago as well. Hopefully the tide has turned given their results (and potential wins by Rossi) late in the season. I think Rossi was a lot more guarded/less gushing in his praise for the bike.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Jorge may surprise us all. I don't think he'll win the title but he seems to be doing OK - also he's still injured.

Maverick also gushed 2 seasons ago when he topped all the tests. Not wishing bad luck on him/Rossi/Yamaha, just that it looked great two years ago as well. Hopefully the tide has turned given their results (and potential wins by Rossi) late in the season. I think Rossi was a lot more guarded/less gushing in his praise for the bike.
    2 years ago Maverick completely fucked over by Yamaha and his team mate with bike and tyres changes that hurt both of the riders results.

Maverick still has issues in the wet, mixed conditions and with his starts that could make a championship challenge against Márquez quite difficult if he continues to lose huge points in mixed connditions.
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The smart thing for Yamaha to do is ignore Rossi.
    He's the past, and Vin is the future.

Develop for Vin, let Rossi keep the seat warm and ride his way into retirement.
    Do I think Rossi is washed up - absolutely not. But it's short sighted to keep developing for him.

Just as it's short sighted for Honda to develop purely for 93.

He's gonna leave - count on it.
    Could be as short as the end of his next contract.

The Duc is ready for him if he wants it - and in another few years - possibly the KTM.

Don't think he'd ever entertain Yamaha - but the Japanese DO love him.
    Last edited by Rhino; 04-12-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    Likes Kristy, p4p1 liked this post

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think it’s a given Márquez will leave Honda, he is happy there and to tie himself to Honda for the rest of his career could be a great move for when he retires.

Márquez and Lorenzo both had surgery. The surgery on Márquez was successful, haven’t heard anything about Lorenzo.

Motorbike
    Hot tub SRAD time machine
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maveric got fucked over and gushed everywhere about everything - didnt get results 2 years ago because he was under cooked. They cant ignore Rossi because he still brings too much money to the table and still got third in the champs. but you'd rekon they would have a firm 2-5 year strategy that didnt include him but had a not so gushy Mav on the top seat.

watching Rins on the Zuke late in the year if yamahaha don't get their shit together they might have a 3 way on their hands for 4th.

maybe.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After opening Marquez up to repair his shoulder, his doctor says he doesn't understand how he won the world title with the amount of damage to his shoulder.