User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 104

Thread: 2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    It being true doesn't make him any less of a cunt. If someone were to sit around talking about how Ago never had any real competition or that Pedrosa never had a chance of winning a title unless two or three other riders were hit by a bus we'd all call them cunts. Those things might be true but the right thing to do as a longstanding member of the paddock is to keep your fucking trap shut. Puig has never not been a cunt though so nobody is shocked.
    You’re Puig right has always been a cunt as shown by his comments on Dani, however his statements about Rossi while being truthful are also defending his rider from far more outrages statements made by Rossi over the past 3 season.
    Ago has gone on record before saying that if Hailwood never left MV he(Ago) wouldn’t have won anything, if that’s not admitting that he wasn’t the best of his times then I don’t know what is. I’ve heard many fans particularly Rossi fans say that Ago never had real competition so his records don’t count.

    The full interview is in Spanish and hasn’t all been translated so in all likelihood he was asked about Rossi, gave his honest and in this case correct opinion and the press being the press ran with whatever would get them the most attention. In the same article he also praised Rossi for his longevity and talent.

    His words about Pedrosa were far more harsh, out of line and probably wrong. But yet it’s a fact stated about Rossi that gets everyone’s panties in a knot.
    Last edited by p4p1; 19-12-2018 at 02:37 PM.

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.lavanguardia.com/deporte...z-lorenzo.html

    link to the article

    "Offending" part translated
    Speaking of conflicts. What is your opinion about one of the most bitter: the Marquez-Rossi war?

    Valentino has been a great pilot. You have all my respect. With the age that it has, it continues with the desire and the non-acceptance of not being able to win, and with talent to go fast. But he is having a hard time accepting that his moment has already passed. Sometimes, the ways you use to follow are not correct. At no time have I seen Marquez out of orbit doing bad deeds towards Rossi; they were always career incidents. I respect Rossi, but in life everything has its moment. And like it or not, Marc is number one. Sometimes one must stop and think. Márquez does not care at all about the current of opinion that they try to generate from the environment of Vale. On the contrary: we have felt his weakness in his actions.

  3. #63
    Member ApatheticEnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vic Park
    Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    You’re Puig has always been a cunt as shown by his comments on Dani, however his statements about Rossi while being truthful are also defending his rider from far more outrages statements made by Rossi over the past 3 season.
    Ago has gone on record before saying that if Hailwood never left MV he(Ago) wouldn’t have won anything, if that’s not admitting that he wasn’t the best of his times then I don’t know what is. I’ve heard many fans particularly Rossi fans say that Ago never had real competition so his records don’t count.

    The full interview is in Spanish and hasn’t all been translated so in all likelihood he was asked about Rossi, gave his honest and in this case correct opinion and the press being the press ran with whatever would get them the most attention. In the same article he also praised Rossi for his longevity and talent.

    His words about Pedrosa were far more harsh, out of line and probably wrong. But yet it’s a fact stated about Rossi that gets everyone’s panties in a knot.
    I can't tell if you're arguing with me or agreeing with me but stop assuming that the most rabid, loudest, greasy Italians represent all Rossi fans. Most of us are capable or acknowledging that he's made mistakes in his 20years of top level racing while also firmly believing that he's the GOAT. I'm a huge long term fan and my panties remain unknotted because I know Puig is and will always be a cunt. I can ignore him because he's accomplished fuck all on his own compared to #26, #46 or just about any rider that's won more than a single race in their careers. I don't need to propose he be dragged through the streets behind a Fiat because he doesn't matter to me.

    The point I was making is that even if Puig was even partly correct, sometimes you need to shut your self important mouth and show some deference. People are judged as much on what they choose not to say than what they do say.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    I can't tell if you're arguing with me or agreeing with me but stop assuming that the most rabid, loudest, greasy Italians represent all Rossi fans. Most of us are capable or acknowledging that he's made mistakes in his 20years of top level racing while also firmly believing that he's the GOAT. I'm a huge long term fan and my panties remain unknotted because I know Puig is and will always be a cunt. I can ignore him because he's accomplished fuck all on his own compared to #26, #46 or just about any rider that's won more than a single race in their careers. I don't need to propose he be dragged through the streets behind a Fiat because he doesn't matter to me.

    The point I was making is that even if Puig was even partly correct, sometimes you need to shut your self important mouth and show some deference. People are judged as much on what they choose not to say than what they do say.
    Speaking of conflicts. What is your opinion about one of the most bitter: the Marquez-Rossi war?

    Valentino has been a great pilot. You have all my respect. With the age that it has, it continues with the desire and the non-acceptance of not being able to win, and with talent to go fast. But he is having a hard time accepting that his moment has already passed. Sometimes, the ways you use to follow are not correct. At no time have I seen Marquez out of orbit doing bad deeds towards Rossi; they were always career incidents. I respect Rossi, but in life everything has its moment. And like it or not, Marc is number one. Sometimes one must stop and think. Márquez does not care at all about the current of opinion that they try to generate from the environment of Vale. On the contrary: we have felt his weakness in his actions.

    Asked a direct question, gave a very valid answer that if it was about anyone else would not even being spoken about.
    Things he states or implies
    Rossi was great = fact
    To have his desire and drive to win at his age impressive = fact
    Rossi is having trouble accepting his time is up as number 1 or the benchmark = fact
    The way Rossi has dealt with accepting this is not the right way = fact
    Marquez has never vindictively dealt with Rossi on the track but has dealt with him the same way he deals with everyone else on track = fact
    Marquez is number 1 = fact
    Marquez does not care about the opinion of Rossi and those around him = not sure that's a fact but it certainly gives him more drive
    The feud between them is all one sided = fact
    Rossi has exhibit weakness through his actions = fact

    So I am not sure what you're upset about him saying really other than just some facts when asked a question about their feud. I can bet when Rossi far more outrageous said things like 'Marquez is ruining our sport' or 'Marquez is a cheating fucking bastard' with well he's just being a cunt, which he has been to everyone who can be as fast or faster than him.

    Like I said personally I found his comments about Dani much worse.

  5. #65
    Member ApatheticEnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vic Park
    Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    Speaking of conflicts. What is your opinion about one of the most bitter: the Marquez-Rossi war?

    Valentino has been a great pilot. You have all my respect. With the age that it has, it continues with the desire and the non-acceptance of not being able to win, and with talent to go fast. But he is having a hard time accepting that his moment has already passed. Sometimes, the ways you use to follow are not correct. At no time have I seen Marquez out of orbit doing bad deeds towards Rossi; they were always career incidents. I respect Rossi, but in life everything has its moment. And like it or not, Marc is number one. Sometimes one must stop and think. Márquez does not care at all about the current of opinion that they try to generate from the environment of Vale. On the contrary: we have felt his weakness in his actions.

    Asked a direct question, gave a very valid answer that if it was about anyone else would not even being spoken about.
    Things he states or implies
    Rossi was great = fact
    To have his desire and drive to win at his age impressive = fact
    Rossi is having trouble accepting his time is up as number 1 or the benchmark = fact
    The way Rossi has dealt with accepting this is not the right way = fact
    Marquez has never vindictively dealt with Rossi on the track but has dealt with him the same way he deals with everyone else on track = fact
    Marquez is number 1 = fact
    Marquez does not care about the opinion of Rossi and those around him = not sure that's a fact but it certainly gives him more drive
    The feud between them is all one sided = fact
    Rossi has exhibit weakness through his actions = fact

    So I am not sure what you're upset about him saying really other than just some facts when asked a question about their feud. I can bet when Rossi far more outrageous said things like 'Marquez is ruining our sport' or 'Marquez is a cheating fucking bastard' with well he's just being a cunt, which he has been to everyone who can be as fast or faster than him.

    Like I said personally I found his comments about Dani much worse.
    OK, again in bold hoping that you understand it this time:
    The point I was making is that even if Puig was even partly correct, sometimes you need to shut your self important mouth and show some deference. People are judged as much on what they choose not to say than what they do say.

    He should have kept his fucking mouth shut.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

  6. #66
    Member wonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Posts
    783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is pretty wide condemnation of puig around the Internet. Quite a few speculating that he will destroy the hrc team from the inside.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    OK, again in bold hoping that you understand it this time:
    The point I was making is that even if Puig was even partly correct, sometimes you need to shut your self important mouth and show some deference. People are judged as much on what they choose not to say than what they do say.

    He should have kept his fucking mouth shut.
    Why? He was asked a question during an interview and have his honest answer without malice(unlike when he spoke about Pedrosa). He just simply said Rossi is having a hard time accepting he isn’t number 1 anymore and has gone the wrong way about trying to accept it and that’s where the one sided fued stems from. Rossi is not immune to critisiscm.

    I’m not missing the point at all I just don’t agree with yours one bit. He should’ve kept his mouth shut about Pedrosa sure but he was asked a question on a fued that seems to have almost overtaken the racing. He gave his view as he was asked. At no point did he call Rossi a cunt or untalented, he gave his insight as he was asked to do.

    Again I ask, did you feel the need to react like this and say he ‘should’ve kept his fucking mouth shut’ when Rossi accused Márquez of being a cheater and ruining the sport? When he said Stoner was mentally weak and wasn’t riding hard enough? When he called Zarco dirty because of a hard but fair move?

    By comparison Puig’s comments towards Rossi are fairly tame and even gives him praise.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    There is pretty wide condemnation of puig around the Internet. Quite a few speculating that he will destroy the hrc team from the inside.
    Being a cunt doesn’t mean he won’t do a good job. He’s obviously great at spotting talent and really we don’t know how he is as a team manager. Márquez seems to like him so far, doubt he would say anything if he didn’t though. Puig just went out and got Honda the strongest available rider for a steal and now their ‘second rider’ is arguably better than anyones first. That’s a guarantee to success not does it mean his personality won’t alienate his rider and/teams. Don’t forget that sometimes it’s pretty good to have the cunt on your side rather than someone else’s.

    Some people believe Honda hired him to help control Alzamora(sp?) and his influence in the box so maybe they another cunt to do that.

  9. #69
    Member ApatheticEnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vic Park
    Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post

    Again I ask, did you feel the need to react like this and say he ‘should’ve kept his fucking mouth shut’ when Rossi accused Márquez of being a cheater and ruining the sport? When he said Stoner was mentally weak and wasn’t riding hard enough? When he called Zarco dirty because of a hard but fair move?
    Riders are entitled to speak about the actions riders they share the track with. Some of Rossi's comments are valid, some not. As were some of Stoners, as were some of Lorenzo's for that matter (not fucking many). Puig doesn't get to have an opinion. He was just talking shit and he couldn't hang with any of these guys even on his very best day. It's a bit like you thinking your opinion matters to Rossi or that Marquez will eventually find all of your love letters to him on PSB and offer to finally let you touch it.

    BTW, Marquez is a fucking cheat and is ruining the sport. *That ought to keep you going on and on for another day or two.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

  10. #70
    Member pnork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere close.
    Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Posts
    3,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd
    Marquez is a fucking cheat and is ruining the sport.
    Sigworthy.

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Riders are entitled to speak about the actions riders they share the track with. Some of Rossi's comments are valid, some not. As were some of Stoners, as were some of Lorenzo's for that matter (not fucking many). Puig doesn't get to have an opinion. He was just talking shit and he couldn't hang with any of these guys even on his very best day. It's a bit like you thinking your opinion matters to Rossi or that Marquez will eventually find all of your love letters to him on PSB and offer to finally let you touch it.

    BTW, Marquez is a fucking cheat and is ruining the sport. *That ought to keep you going on and on for another day or two.
    I don’t think my opinion matters to Rossi and I would be genuinely worried if it did. His decision to get rid of JB and surround himself by yes men suggests that he may care almost as much as you what others think about him though.

    Puig does get to have an opinion, he is very well placed to have an opinion. He was asked about his view on a ‘feud’ he gave it, much like many others in lower positions than him have done through the media without your outrage.

    I know Márquez is ruining the sport for all the Rossi fans, it’s must horrible watching Márquez wipe the floor with riders Rossi looked like a mortal against while racking up records and trophies without special tyres or Carmelo acting as his sports agent. Fun fact though, Stoner has more win on a control tyre during 4 seasons than Rossi in 10. So much for GOAT.

    Maybe you think you’re winding me up but truthfully this is just a nice break from what I’m doing, it’s pretty obvious that Puig stating the glaringly obvious that Rossi’s time as the number 1 rider is up has definitely got you all worked up. Sometimes even cunts are right like in this interview or when Rossi said Stoner rides like a god. Sometimes you’ve just gotta accept that a cunt can’t have a factual opinion.

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Good interview with Lorenzo on the BT Sport end of year motogp review, it’s worth the watch. He talks about his depression because of his results at Ducati, the evolution of the Desmo among a few other things. Obviously he can’t yet speak about Honda.
    I’m a fan of Lorenzo, he’s such a flawed person but he owns it and doesn’t try to hide it regardless of the flack he is going to get from everyone. He’s a great rider and the mental strength it must’ve taken to ride in Assen 2013 still impresses the hell out of me.
    Likes Triple, TurboR1, lazyboy63 liked this post

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    6,614
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Repsol colours suit him better than the red.



    “Last season I rode a completely different bike, that was very big and very tall,” Lorenzo said. “Maybe it was a little too big for me. The Honda suits me better in terms of its dimensions. It is more compact, a smaller and lower bike, with which I can lean over better.

    “I felt a little more confident when entering corners, because the closer you are to the ground, the more confidence you have. The first impression was positive and I saw a lot of potential there.

    At his second test with Honda in Jerez, Lorenzo gained a number of modifications to his RC213V compared to his debut at Valencia including a grippy fuel tank – a similar device he credited for his breakthrough maiden win with Ducati which came at last year’s Italian MotoGP.

    “One of the things that impressed me most was the ability of the Repsol Honda Team to react, providing what you ask for,” he said. “I was quite clear, Honda took note of all my indications and within a few days they had everything ready and we had a fuel tank almost one hundred percent to my liking.”

  14. #74
    Member TurboR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just a speck in the distance
    Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Posts
    16,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    He talks about his depression because of his results at Ducati
    Most Italian bike owners can relate.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Speed Dealer, Para045, Biggles, Shafto liked this post

  15. #75
    Member Stephan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    My place...
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Jorge will be second after MM...and win the title next year...
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yokine
    Liked
    973 times
    Posts
    8,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, "everyone" was banging on about how Honda and Ducati got around the IMU sensors - and effectively cheated.

    The two tests have shown that they're still at the pointy end of the field (and that's with George and Marc both injured) - supposedly, on the new spec IMU.

    Was it all just words in the air - and they're just ... better than everyone else?

  17. #77
    Member Para045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    City of Wanneroo
    Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Posts
    16,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    So, "everyone" was banging on about how Honda and Ducati got around the IMU sensors - and effectively cheated.
    By "everyone" you mean Yamaha I assume because none of the others were anywhere in the hunt anyway
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

    98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes QUACKA liked this post

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yokine
    Liked
    973 times
    Posts
    8,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were certainly the team that was left out in the cold, but “everyone” translates to “it’s been widely reported”.

  19. #79
    Member QUACKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kelmscott hills
    Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ducati had there team launch the other day got to say not a fan of the new colour scheme last years looked better...

  20. #80
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QUACKA View Post
    Ducati had there team launch the other day got to say not a fan of the new colour scheme last years looked better...
    And not a Ducati sticker anywhere... anyone know why?


    Last year with the grey was much better - prob the best colour scheme to date IMO.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •