Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helmet Artwork air brushing

I currently have a stock standard matte black Airoh full face. Not long ago, my grandad passed away (he was my best mate of 40 years and got me into riding).
    Now i do a bit of graphic work in my spare time so thought it would be good to make up some sort of decal to honour his memory, something that had a bit of meaning.

Anyways i figured it would go nice on my helmet but then thought that stickers tend not to go that well on round objects and that maybe getting it air brushed on would be the go?

Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing or know a good place to start?

Cheers.

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rang around to get Mine wrapped,painted,airbrushed and they all said it illega to do. But they also said the ball is in your court, and some will do the job. Just make sure the dot stickers stays on lol. P.S love your idea good way to honour ya grandad
    Born to ride forced to work

Motorbike
    Honda CBR650F
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. I did read somewhere that it can mess with the integrity, but i also read that as long as it's sealed there's usually no issue with it. I'll do my research anyways. Thanks bud.

Motorbike
    2006 GSX1400, 2008 SV650, 1992 NC30, 2015 RC390
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbrRider81 View Post
    I rang around to get Mine wrapped,painted,airbrushed and they all said it illega to do. But they also said the ball is in your court, and some will do the job. Just make sure the dot stickers stays on lol. P.S love your idea good way to honour ya grandad
    I would look at the inside of the helmet. Quite often there is an internal approval or certification of the DOT, ECE 22.05 or Snell certification.
    As with all things motorcycle/police it will up to the dick with the notebook deciding if you have an attitude they approve of as to the issuing of an infringement...this law has been tested in court and you can win a case, you just have to decide if you want to fight it or not.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter
    Likes CbrRider81 liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also helmet painters prefer white. i remember that from the 90's in bunbury.. haha

Choosing your Design

At LA Designs any design is possible. All you need to do is send us your own design ideas, cartoon, photo, magazine clipping, drawing, a CD cover and we will do the rest. If you are not sure what you want leave it up to us. We can mix and match designs or create a unique custom painted helmet for you. For more ideas why not come and see us and take a look at our selection of photos and helmets on display. The average custom painted helmets range from $1300-$1600

New Helmets & Accessories

We can supply most major helmet brands, Like Arai, Sparco, HJC, AGV, Bell, Shoei, Simpson and more. We can also obtain accessories for most helmets :- FM-V Iridium visors, aerodynamic wings, tear offs, anodised screw kits, helmet bags, display cases etc……. For information and pricing see the accessories section or call LA Designs on 03 5282 8525.

Preparation

We prefer to use new white helmets. All helmets, even new, are sanded back to remove existing factory graphics. We do paint used helmets or helmets with factory graphics for an additional charge.

Ordering

To place an order with us you can phone us on 03 5282 8525, e-mail us at info@ladesigns.com.au fax us on 03 5282 8081 or mail to LA Designs 25 St Andrew's Drive Lara Victoria Australia 3212, with your design ideas and helmet details. Once we have all the relevant information we can give you an approximate cost of your job over the phone.

Sponsor Logos and specific colors

Please supply logos in either EPS. or Illustrator format for PC. Reproduction of logos will be charged at $65.00 per hour. If you require a specific color please supply us with a color sample, paint code or the PMS number.

Turn-around Time

We need your helmet for approximately 4-8 weeks depending on our workload and the time of year plus delivery times. For urgent jobs there is an additional charge. All handling fees are at the customers expense.

Payment

We require a 1/3 deposit on helmets prior to start date. Payment can be made by cash, money order or direct deposit, with the balance due on completion.

Price Descriptions…..
    (Prices are in Australian dollars including GST, and do not include helmet.)
    Graphics on new helmet

Preparation fee for used or helmet with graphics

Sponsor Logos (please supply artwork in EPS. or Illustrator format)

Paint rear wing to match helmet

Airbrushed special effects

Name on back

Name on both sides

Number on both sides

Cartoons or characters

Airbrushed murals

Metalflake Base

Matt Finish

Chrome dipped base (allow 3-4 weeks extra for chroming)
    $1300 - $1600

$250.00 +

$65.00 +

$200.00 +

$165.00 +

$ 75.00 +

$ 35.00 +

$135.00 +

$170.00 +

$220.00 +

$250.00 +

$250.00 +

$600.00 +

http://www.ladesigns.com.au/helmet_fs.htm
    Likes Marlinblade, CbrRider81 liked this post

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done decals on helmets, and with a bit of planning and the right vinyl, they can go on easily. And looking at those airbrushing costs, would be significantly cheaper to do initially, and also repair/replace if you happen to scratch your helmet through daily use (not if dropped / damaged from crashing)
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE
    Likes Marlinblade, BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR650F
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFZR View Post
    I've done decals on helmets, and with a bit of planning and the right vinyl, they can go on easily. And looking at those airbrushing costs, would be significantly cheaper to do initially, and also repair/replace if you happen to scratch your helmet through daily use (not if dropped / damaged from crashing)
    Agree! Far out did not expect that sort of price. And yeah, i can work the design around my lid anyways so i think thats probably the best options. Plus vinyl these days is awesome and lasts for ages so thats probably my best option hey.
    Likes CbrRider81 liked this post