Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride 3 (Video Game)

So now that Ride 3 is officially out (launched last Friday) I figured a thread for it was in order.

Anyone else here playing it? What platform are you playing it on and how are you liking it?

I'm playing on PC and quite enjoying it. I'm a few hours in and feel like I've only uncovered the tip of the ice berg, so many more bikes and tracks to try. I only own like 10 of the 200+ machines in there and they are mostly ones I've won for completing event packages. As for tracks they, are slowly trickle feeding them to you over the course of the campaign, which so far keeps it feeling fresh and doesn't force you to have to learn them all in one hit.

Overall I consider it a nice step up from number 2 in almost every regard. The handling has been changed, don't know if I would say improved but certainly different. I still think it's mostly realistic but with a bit of arcade flare. It probably took me at least two hours of riding time adjust to the 'feeling' of Ride 3 although there is definitely a bit of under-steer which you need to account for. On the flip side turning in is FAST in comparison to other entries of the series. Those first couple of hours I was binning my shit everywhere and making heavy use of the rewind feature (lets be honest, I'm still rewinding a lot). I was getting frustrated at the game however once it clicked I found I could ramp up the difficulty and still be competitive with the AI. The audio, visual, and controller vibrations all combined together help pin point the edge of grip and how hard you can brake. I've found now after one or two laps with a bike I start to have a good idea of how hard I can push it. I also recommend leaving racing line off, it's something I used in previous games to help learn a track but I'm having so much more fun without it and forcing myself to learn with trial and error (remember that rewind feature I mentioned ). That sweet satisfaction of pulling off a smooth overtake and hitting all your brake marks and apex's is definitely still there.

The graphics and sound have also been improved. I think the graphics look nice enough, nothing mind blowing but enjoyable. That being said I've heard there is quite a bit of variation between all the consoles (pro model vs standard, xbox vs playstation). I'm on PC as mentioned and have everything maxed out (now I'm thinking about it I think I turned down AA one level) and it runs silk smooth. Bike sounds are overall good but also quite variable. Some bikes sound great and when there are multiple riders surrounding you the cacophony of exhaust notes and engine pops is very immersive, especially with some good headphones. On the flip side some bikes sound terrible, I have a 2004 zx6r which sounds absolutely mint. I then went and bought a Daytona 675 and it sounds like complete crap, as if the entire sound effect library for the 675 is synthesized while the zx6r was properly recorded.

There is heaps more to talk about like the livery editor, the online multiplayer (hit me up if you're on PC, I'm keen to have some races), bike modding, the in-game camera (I'm having fun just racing but will start taking screenshots soon) etc. I'm really enjoying it!
    Likes shortSteve, okitoki, Tron liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone tried on xbox one? I'm a very casual console gamer (I have two games GolfClub2 and MotoGP18).
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Motorbike
    ZX10R
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Anyone tried on xbox one? I'm a very casual console gamer (I have two games GolfClub2 and MotoGP18).
    It is made by the same people who make the recent MotoGP games. MotoGP18 and Ride 3 are on the same game engine and apparently handle pretty similarly. The Ride series is far more casual than GP, you don't need to tune the bike (but can if you want, useful on higher difficulty settings), there is no qualifying or free practice, and seems to be easier. I found in GP you really had to hit the race line and small mistakes could cost you a lot of positions. This is far more forgiving when racing the AI but the challenge is still there if you want it on higher difficulty settings.

Motorbike
    TripleWhistler
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice review. What hardware are you running on your PC to play this maxxxed out?
    Haven't bought it yet, but have played MotoGP18 and tbh I preferred 17, felt more 'raw'.

If it's the same developers i'm a bit hesitant, but yet to really spend some time looking at the reviews. The bike and track selection does look a lot more appealing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Known View Post
    The graphics and sound have also been improved. I think the graphics look nice enough, nothing mind blowing but enjoyable. That being said I've heard there is quite a bit of variation between all the consoles (pro model vs standard, xbox vs playstation). I'm on PC as mentioned and have everything maxed out (now I'm thinking about it I think I turned down AA one level) and it runs silk smooth.

Motorbike
    ZX10R
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Nice review. What hardware are you running on your PC to play this maxxxed out?
    Haven't bought it yet, but have played MotoGP18 and tbh I preferred 17, felt more 'raw'.

If it's the same developers i'm a bit hesitant, but yet to really spend some time looking at the reviews. The bike and track selection does look a lot more appealing though.
    Cheers

My specs are:
    Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7Ghz
    16GB RAM
    Gtx980
    Running the game from SSD

I'm playing @ 1080 and have a 120Hz monitor. I get roughly 90-100FPS in races, it might be dipping a bit lower than that when a lot is happening on screen but I'm not looking at my counter in those situations, it feels silk smooth regardless. Unreal Engine always seems to run well from my experiences.

Some people are saying the old iteration (Ride 2 and MotoGP17, both of which I have played) felt like there was more weight to the bikes. I would agree with that but am still having a lot of fun here. I don't think one is more 'real' than the other, just different. They are of course just approximations of what riding a bike is like, holding a controller will never simulate riding a bike but they are in the ball park. I never picked up MotoGP18 as I was heavily invested in my career in 17 and only finished that a couple of months ago.

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Known View Post
    It is made by the same people who make the recent MotoGP games. MotoGP18 and Ride 3 are on the same game engine and apparently handle pretty similarly. The Ride series is far more casual than GP, you don't need to tune the bike (but can if you want, useful on higher difficulty settings), there is no qualifying or free practice, and seems to be easier. I found in GP you really had to hit the race line and small mistakes could cost you a lot of positions. This is far more forgiving when racing the AI but the challenge is still there if you want it on higher difficulty settings.
    Good to know. The dynamics are pretty good in GP18 but you're right. It's hard and takes real concentration to play. I find it exhausting sometimes.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Motorbike
    ZX10R
    Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    The dynamics are pretty good in GP18 but you're right. It's hard and takes real concentration to play. I find it exhausting sometimes.
    Bingo, in GP you really need to focus. If you skip qualifying you start at the back of the pack. To get a good time in qualifying you need to try the free practices and tune the bikes setup. In the end just one race requires a lot of time and focus, even more if you ran half or full race distance.

Ride is so much better for jumping in and fanging it round with not much care for anything else.
    Likes ApatheticEnd liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just canít get over the pathetic noise the Daytona makes. If one of the only bikes Iím gonna use for the entire game sounds like shit I canít buy the game. It would be like if my Ascari on Forza didnít have a thundering supercharged V8 sound to complement its looks, it wouldnít be worth driving. Maybe theyíll get it right in ride 4..

The motards sound better though. Fart fart fart
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.