Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ View Post
    Perth is a shit-hole actively trying to kill you
    Now that's the reply I was expecting...

I'd always get a bike, been riding since I was 12 and my hairbrush has mostly white hair, but I ain't rich so this post helps me plan.

Thanks again.

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raybies View Post
    Now that's the reply I was expecting...

I'd always get a bike, been riding since I was 12 and my hairbrush has mostly white hair, but I ain't rich so this post helps me plan.

Thanks again.
    No, it isn't a shithole and WA has some great rides. Enjoy... a new home is only as good as you want it to be
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"
    Likes raybies, BillyBoof, Hati, Thomas Peel, chew and 1 others liked this post

Liked
    5 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to a ride when you hit perth., check out in the loop section of the forum.

My only recommendation is avoid the freeway, especially at peak hour. Just not worth it. There are better routes that will get you to your destination.
    Likes raybies liked this post

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havenít read all responses but Iíve lived in both cities. Sydney is a dirty, crowded fucking shithole of a place with shithouse roads all over the fucking place where it costs you a fortune to pay your rego or even drive on the fucking roads. Traffic is so bad that Iíve formed the opinion that youíd have to be a fucking masochist to live there. And roads aside the city is crowded, dirty, expensive and smelly.
    Perth otoh is modern, clean and uncrowded. And you donít have to go far out of the city to find natural beauty like nowhere Iíve seen, down in the Southwest for example. And no tolls and fuck all traffic. The only thing it doesnít have us something like the Bells Line of road or the Kiama bends. But if youíre not a boy racer that doesnít matter
    Likes raybies, Para045 liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride a bike.

Wherever you are, whenever you can.

Ride to your points, bearing in mind we have double or nothing here(https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/medi...gFactSheet.pdf), watch for the coppers, you will get good at fast sweepers.

You will laugh when people say traffic congestion compared to that joint.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes raybies liked this post

Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something no one has mentioned yet is we don't need to have our vehicles inspected each year for licensing and CTP is included in the license fees. Sydney is my least favourite place in Australia and I wouldn't give a fuck if I never see it again
    Likes Para045, raybies liked this post

Motorbike
    XT1200Z
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For real no annual inspections AFTER 5 years? Same for cars?

Sydney used to be OK, now it seriously sucks ass. I used to go surfing after work, now it takes me about 1hr to travel 6km (car), beach is 16km away.
    Check this out; useless morons dug up the CBD in 2014 to put in tram 2.0 and it's still all closed off... they obviously never heard of Scrum/Lean/Modularization.

I could tell you a whole bunch of corruption stories... like blocking roads off to force you on tolls, cycle lanes NOBODY uses to reduce traffic flow, 24hr bus lanes w/ no 24hr buses, buses coming out of the ying yang w/ 2 people on them, unused desal plants, ... I could go on for hours.

Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No annual inspections ever, unless you get stickered, pay your license and away you go, for cars and bikes

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MZ View Post
    No Perth is a shit-hole. Cheaper because it is a shit-hole. Parking is a nightmare day or night and buses are actively trying to kill you by ramming you off your bike. (just joking!)

Yes it sums it up nicely. I mean, regardless of where you live, everyone should still be riding a motorcycle
    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (canít decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Water pig View Post
    No annual inspections ever, unless you get stickered, pay your license and away you go, for cars and bikes
    Yeah Iíd forgotten about that. Geez those annual inspections used to shit me, especially when youíre a student and drive shitboxes

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO:
    Proís
    Being on a bike is safer in Perth than Sydney. For mine, Sydney has the worst drivers in the country. Period.

The roads are more accessible in Perth, but there are also more gaps between them. In Sydney itís pretty much 45-1hr to get any reasonable amount of fun.

There are less cops in Perth.

There is no pink slip/blue slip requirement or CTP. Interestingly, CTP has been proven to increase all costs involved rather than decrease it.....

A motorbike saves massive amounts of time Perth. Only a little in Sydney.

There are no tollís, not is there an actual plan in place to introduce them.

Conís:
    There are less roads. E.g the old road is a good 30 - 45mins of fun over here, and jenolan caves is the same again. In Perth, there are some good roads (favourite being out to bindoon) but just less of them.

People still think filtering/splitting is illegal in Perth.

There isnít a motorcycle awareness campaign like there is in the east coast. I donít think this helps drivers at all over here, but it is good to know they are doing something (as little as it is) and I guess eventually the message will sink in.

Bikes are still considered to be the devil/for gangs in Perth.

There is more Lycra on the roads in Perth than in Sydney. And more of the Lycra armyís on weekends.

As others have said though - if you want one, get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    An invisible one
    Liked
    278 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubin View Post
    IMO:

There are no tollís, not is there an actual plan in place to introduce them.
    You can guarantee the gubbermint is trying to work out how/when/where to introduce them here
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    You can guarantee the gubbermint is trying to work out how/when/where to introduce them here
    If I recall correctly, there was a proposal tabled to try and intro them maybe 10(+) yrs ago for major arteries into the city. It was shit down pretty rapidly as it would then mean ALL road traffic into the city would be subject to toll roads (as there isnít an alternative) and that this would be illegal or (more likely) uneconomical from a business perspective and harm the economy.

eg there are 4 ways by road I can get into work in Syd - 2 include toll roads, 2 donít, and the interesting thing is that the non-toll roads are typically quicker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk