Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I wouldn't classify an SVthou as a sports bike - no one would. Fairings does not make it a sports bike. The gixxer is a sportsbike. If it is a sportsbike you're after you may need to research what constitutes a sports bike.

Both those bikes are overpriced.
    Yeah I was considering a gixxer or equivalent but decided to go for a twin. Enough power for me and apparently theyíre the pick of them - a retuned TL with much stronger midrange and apparently come up very easy under the midrange torque.
    Trouble is they are as rare as rocking horse shit so itís hard to say exactly what theyíre worth

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Steak View Post
    Yeah I was considering a gixxer or equivalent but decided to go for a twin. Enough power for me and apparently theyíre the pick of them - a retuned TL with much stronger midrange and apparently come up very easy under the midrange torque.
    Trouble is they are as rare as rocking horse shit so itís hard to say exactly what theyíre worth
    It's worth what you're willing to pay for one. Even if they're rare (no idea) they're not exactly a collectors item so I wouldn't expect there's an inflated mark up on them for any reason other than being overpriced for what is an 11/12 year bike.

Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I saw you had another thread. But what exactly do you want out of a Japanese bike?

I'm not going to sell you off the SV1000 they are a great bike, they are really good dollar for grins value. But maybe there is something else that ticks the boxes

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post

Yep while not exactly a pure sportsbike my Bird has over 160 000km's now and still going strong despite trying to kill it by throwing it down the road a couple of times
    Defiantly couldnít call mine a super sport either but is super reliable as I have found with every Honda I have owned great bikes for that reason alone

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't waste your time with a TLR, brakes are shit, handling is worse. Best one I found when looking was only good enough for scrap and the fucker still wanted $8k for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and you're looking at a sports bike yeah? The SV is just another sport tourer. If you're after pant staining insanity stick to the big 4, CBR1000RR, GSX1000R, YZF-R1, ZX-10R.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your budget of $6500 will get you a nice bike if you work out what it is you really want out of the thing
    Likes CbrRider81 liked this post

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the older gen fireblades and r1s were made to go fast before anything else. So aim there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck it. Iíll come clean. I want something light and nimble I can scoot around town on and have fun in feistiest with. Donít want the out and out power of a Ninja et al, but want the meaty midrange torque of a v twin that can lift the front wheel. Never had a decent bike I can mono. And btw an SV is not a fucking sports tourer. My flying brick is a sports tourer.

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck it. Iíll come clean. I want something light and nimble I can scoot around town on and have fun in feistiest with. Donít want the out and out power of a Ninja et al, but want the meaty midrange torque of a v twin that can lift the front wheel. Never had a decent bike I can mono. And btw an SV is not a fucking sports tourer. My flying brick is a sports tourer.
    Sounds like you need a motard in your life. Go test ride the 701SM and practice your wheelies on that, then show pics after you buy it
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    108,000 on my CBR600RR

It has had

* fork seals 3 times
    * oil changes every 3000 initially for the first 25,000 or so, then every 6k
    * new brake discs about 100,000
    * 3 new batteries
    * ~10-15 sets of tyres
    * 4 new chains and sprockets
    * brake pads as required
    * clearances checked every 24,000. I do not believe it has required shims as yet.
    * a kill switch clean out

Thatís it. It runs fine. Iíd be keen to dyno it to see if it is down on power at all. Still feels the same to me. Itís had a slip on with no tune since about 98,000km ago...

I suspect either my new chain/sprockets is super loud (it has -1/+2 back on it, i ran stock for a bit and maybe forget how different it was) or i may have an output shaft bearing issue. But so far, its still running just fine.

Have 78,000 on an 09 blade. It has had
    * oil changes roughly as above
    * new brake discs
    * fork seals twice
    * 2 new batteries
    * a new indicator switchblock (indicator switch broke, lol)

Neither has had any electrical issues other than the switch blocks. No regulator/rectifier, no stators...

As above, if you service a bike it will likely out-live the rider in most cases. Track bikes maybe different. Bikes owned by GreenMeanie, maybe different. But for most people the bike is more reliable than the rider and most die by vehicle or shrubbery collision.
    ďCrashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,Ē Checa told me a while back. ďItís a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. Itís like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way youíll never get to England!Ē -- Carlos Checa
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Sounds like you need a motard in your life. Go test ride the 701SM and practice your wheelies on that, then show pics after you buy it
    Did I mention wheelies did I? Fuck, it must have slipped out. Iím afraid I just donít get the supermotard thing. What the fuck are they? Look like a chook chaser without the knobbies and small wheels. I just donít get it.

I rode a naked Aprilia recently. Weird handling. Same kinda thing I think

Btw apparently the sv has a slipper clutch. Anyone know what that is?

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did I mention wheelies did I? Fuck, it must have slipped out. Iím afraid I just donít get the supermotard thing. What the fuck are they? Look like a chook chaser without the knobbies and small wheels. I just donít get it.

I rode a naked Aprilia recently. Weird handling. Same kinda thing I think

Btw apparently the sv has a slipper clutch. Anyone know what that is?
    Itís like owning a dirt bike except you just do wheelies everywhere and ride around with normal bikes. Sometimes you let distinguished older gentlemen lead you on rides through the middle of nowhere and you end up nearly being killed and eaten by savages. You get home on your trusty steed and reflect that youíd be shitscared to drop a normal bike in the same circumstances so you wouldnít have the same adventures. Thatís it.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. I used to use an xt when I was as working as a courier and often wished itís road handling behaviour was a little better. Iíll theyíd make shit hot courier bikes

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post

Shhhhhh!
    I may want to sell it one day.

Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you are exactly describing a Triumph Street Triple yeah? I know itís not your sports bike idea, but if you have never ridden one go to Cullys and test ride. Even if you are not buying one, you are in the market do yourself a favour and burn some of their gas. If you really hate the idea of another EU bike ask for the keys for an MT09, itís not as refined, and a little taller of a bike. But still. If you have never ridden a street triple, go take one around the block.