Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    If a Le Mans excites you and it is better than sex, you must Ďbat offí more tan you have the real thing.
    yep most bikes, when ridden in isolation are a great bike and people get attached to things. but times change technology improves machines. take what you want from change and technology but dont dismiss it.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS, SV1000S, GSX750F, XR650L, XR650R
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    yep most bikes, when ridden in isolation are a great bike and people get attached to things. but times change technology improves machines. take what you want from change and technology but dont dismiss it.
    Yeah like I said before Iím not saying itís the best high-speed handling bike ever built but itís certainly the best Iíve ridden. And the question was regarding an exciting shaftie. That bike is able to corner at speeds you wouldnít think possible. Only bike Iíve ever had that I couldnít find its limits. I sold it because if I didnít I was going to either wind up in the obituary column of the front page of the newspaper.

Motorbike
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Yeah and all you have is the little bit of power of which we've already established you've lost most of, pushing an arm down, and on a chain driven bike the entire bike tries to rotate itself around the rear sprocket (sometimes successfully), transferring the weight of the bike onto the back wheel aiding traction and acceleration. Well, until you 12 o'clock it (at which point it tries to rotate itself around it's front sprocket) and watch it cartwheel itself into oblivion... but that would be your own fault and you deserve it for cocking up a wheelie.

We're going to drag you into the 21st Century whether you like it or not.
    Hey Iíve got an SV1000S. Fuck me what a machine. The spread of power is like nothing Iíve ever experienced and certainly a lot more than my old beemer. I love the feel of a meaty v twin. Speaking of which I canít imagine what it must be like to ride a KTM super duke. 150Nm of torque I think. Must be a fucking beast to ride.
    Likes TurboR1 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Still wondering if Mr Steak would change out the points ignition on his dinosaur for electronic ignition. You never get stranded with that spare set of points and your rolley papers for the super fine fettler's feel road side tune up.

I sold my 1000 LeMans (Mk IV) after getting a Sport 1100 in the mid 00's. The LeMans was getting very vanilla by that stage especially compared to anything else on the road.

Getting blown off by a jag sealed the deal. Taking it like a biatch was not excitement. Big block guzzis had their day. 1972?
    Were those MkIVs as bad handling as their reputation? Mario reckons they were the best of them, but that certainly doesnít square with their rep. My Mk3 was very nonstandard. Electronic ignition with twin plugs, 1000 kit, lightened flywheel and clutch and upgraded Dellortos. I bought it off a bloke who was a mechanic at the Guzzi dealership on the Gold Coast. Went like a shower of shit, but of course it was never a drag bike. I think mine had the closecratio box too, as first was very tall. Their forte was their high speed handling in fast sweepers, and in that regard they had no equal.

- - - Updated - - -

If a Le Mans excites you and it is better than sex, you must Ďbat offí more tan you have the real thing.
    Fuck - you got me. Iím really a virgin. I never saw that coming. Thatís what I like about this forum - the witty repartee

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Steak View Post
    Were those MkIVs as bad handling as their reputation? Mario reckons they were the best of them, but that certainly doesnít square with their rep. My Mk3 was very nonstandard. Electronic ignition with twin plugs, 1000 kit, lightened flywheel and clutch and upgraded Dellortos. I bought it off a bloke who was a mechanic at the Guzzi dealership on the Gold Coast. Went like a shower of shit, but of course it was never a drag bike. I think mine had the closecratio box too, as first was very tall. Their forte was their high speed handling in fast sweepers, and in that regard they had no equal.
    TLDR: Guzzi dinosaur talk.

Mine had the 18" option before they went to the frame mount fairing and dropped the 16's but the 16"'s handled better and quicker if set up properly. Which is probably why Mario liked them. The biggest limitation is the frame. Tonti was great with 60WHP but start upping it and the spaghetti twists hence the 90's evolution with the Dr John frame.

The Sport 1100 handles heaps better than Lemon. Add Keihin FCR 41's and it pretty much pisses all over all of them up to the 8V motor and it's not far behind it.

Geeze, I think It'd be close to a huge 90WHP

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.
    ¬ĎExcites¬í needs clarification.

[...]

Other than those early years of riding where any bike made your arse pucker the black bitch I have in the shed now is the only bike I have ridden that has my complete respect 100% of the time.
    I¬ím not saying that light hearted. All bikes require your respect but this one is just waiting for you to say to yourself, ¬ďI¬íve got this.¬Ē and punish the fuck out of you.
    1098R has bitten me 3 times. Deservedly bone smashing punishment. Love that thing in a total BDSM affair.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"
    Likes GreenMeanie liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Iíve got an SV1000S. Fuck me what a machine. The spread of power is like nothing Iíve ever experienced and certainly a lot more than my old beemer. I love the feel of a meaty v twin. Speaking of which I canít imagine what it must be like to ride a KTM super duke. 150Nm of torque I think. Must be a fucking beast to ride.
    A modern injected V-Twin is quite a different beast, and the Sv is a sweet motor, the KTM is something altogether mental on another level. They just punch really hard from low down. I'm still learning how to ride a V-Twin properly with my RSVR, as I am still favouring the screaming ballistic top end surge of an inline 4.

And not just any off the showroom floor inline 4, mine in particular is sorts of batshit insane. And is still the only bike I have ever stepped off that makes me shake my head in disbelief.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i rode a SV1000 not long ago... thought it was broken
    Impossible to walk in this muck, no footing at all.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the gearbox more.

Seems people behind on inline fours tell me I change gears, a lot.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly.
    ĎExcitesí needs clarification.

1972 Z1 and 1974 MachIV excited me in their day.
    Riding them now is fun but not exciting. The word I would use is Ďlameí.
    It is testament to how far technology has come.
    Other than those early years of riding where any bike made your arse pucker the black bitch I have in the shed now is the only bike I have ridden that has my complete respect 100% of the time.
    Iím not saying that light hearted. All bikes require your respect but this one is just waiting for you to say to yourself, ďIíve got this.Ē and punish the fuck out of you.
    My definition of exciting is when I hop off the bike and I'm still shaking with the adrenaline rush. The Le Mans wasn't ever going to win any drag races, but once you got it wound up it just felt better and better. The faster you went the more comfortable it felt. I never rapped it out to max speed but I eventually sold it because I was just riding it faster and faster to try to find the bike's handling limits.

But there was a particular high-speed sweeper near where I was living and I'd just take it faster and faster. When I pulled up sometimes I'd still be buzzing so much that my hands were shaking

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My definition of exciting is when I hop off the bike and I'm still shaking with the adrenaline rush.
    exciting is relative tho, & excitement fades

i use to do midland to mundaring in about 4mins then get off the bike & yawn after my morning commute
    Impossible to walk in this muck, no footing at all.

Motorbike
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    exciting is relative tho, & excitement fades

i use to do midland to mundaring in about 4mins then get off the bike & yawn after my morning commute
    Does it take you that long? Fuck me - on my LeMans I could do it in 3. I could do it in 2 but every time I stop at the lights I get mobbed by chicks
    Likes TurboR1, Rich... liked this post

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    Ccccccombo breaker...
    Brand new product improvement.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .