Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Yep have already googled that shiz and sussed out price - I didn't fall over at the price, so all good (didn't look at the volume but presume it will more than do for a household application). I have also seen them go nuts over sugar and borax with no effect, but will give this a shot.
    I usually spread it around our block then go see the neighbours and do along the fence line of either side at least.

640m2 block and we use about 1/2-3/4 a bottle. When you buy it, check the dates and pick the newest bottle.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    2006 GSX1400, 2008 SV650, 1992 NC30, 2015 RC390
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    So I have one of those old character homes (that I just paid off - woo!) and the outside needs some work. I need someone to assess the cladding as to whether it's salvageable and can be sanded and painted or should be replaced. Of course, economies of scale and longevity come into it too - I don't want to push shit up hill paying someone to prepare the wood only for the paint to peel in a few years because the exposed wood is past its use-by-date. Same for some of the windows - I may need them replaced (presumably very exxy!).

Does anyone know of any home restoration companies they'd recommend to assess the wood cladding and windows and provide a quote to sand and paint the existing cladding and windows that are still in ok condition, and to replace the bits that need replacing, and to paint. The quote will likely be 50% sand and paint existing wood, and 50% replace and paint. But of course, with the wood being 60+ years old, it may be worth replacing with cement fibre boards or something.

Also, if anyone has any painter recommendations please post up. I may do a two step process with getting someone to replace the boards/windows and then getting a painter to paint them.

Thanks

edit: the outer walls above the cladding are asbestos but shouldn't be disturbed.
    Painter: Registered Painters Pty Ltd(Ask for Stephen[Steven]) 0437814658. If you get no answer send a txt...he will get back to you. Motorcycle community member, genuine and honest guy how will not fuck you around and is good to their word...a gem of a bloke. Give him a ring and discuss your plans.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter
    Likes Kristy, BillyBoof liked this post