2012 zx10r
    Liked
    13 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not have it, it does not have a green laser that blows up slow moving cars and trucks on the right hand lane and fuckers who don't use their fuggin indicators knowing they are going to make a turn! Sorry, I went abit spastic then.my bad..
    Likes Mr Bean, Water pig liked this post

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS, SV1000S, GSX750F, XR650L, XR650R
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    Strangely enough I have. And they were realitively new at the time and I didnít find them exciting compared to what was coming out of Japan at the time.
    And yes I do ride one of those flash electronic buttons to push. 3 in fact.
    I one of them in Clubman and Superbike.
    If you claim to have a Ďrushí from being excited on a Le Mans your riding partners on R1s, GSXRs, CBRs and ZX10Rs would probably be close to death from falling asleep at the controls while you are being excited and thrilled.
    That my friend is the reality of your thunderous inspiring and knuckle whiting performance of a Le Mans.
    As an 8 year old a BSA Bantam excited me.
    But some of us grow up and experience a tad more excitement in life than others.
    How fast did you corner on it? Anyone can grab a handful of throttle on a ZXGSXR1 Ninjahyperpoofter and get a cheap thrill. You'd never get a buzz from the acceleration of a LeMans, even a nonstandard one like mine. The thrill comes from hitting corners at speeds that you wouldn't dream of any of its contempories, and feeling it track like it's on rails while you're cranked over hard. And that's how it was set up. The steering geometry was set up for that kind of riding, and the tradeoff was that it wasn't a nimble bike, and an utter pain in the arse to ride around town. In other words, if you jumped onto one from a jap bike you'd have to ride it for a while to gain the confidence required to hit corners without braking in circumstances where you;re accustomed to braking. I've yet to ride a bike that can match it in that regard. When I get a chance I'll take my SV up to my favourite sweeper and try it out. It's a much more nimble bike than the LeMans - let's see how it performs at speed.

Then again, there's its integrated braking system - easily the best braked bike I've ever had. But that;s another story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agrid View Post
    Er no, I ride a Hypermotard 1100 with no techo-aids. How about you? ABS?
    Fuck. You got me. My K has ABS. Well, having very good brakes is the one concession I'll make to poofterisation of bikes. That;s my story and I'm sticking to it.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Steak View Post
    How fast did you corner on it? Anyone can grab a handful of throttle on a ZXGSXR1 Ninjahyperpoofter and get a cheap thrill. You'd never get a buzz from the acceleration of a LeMans, even a nonstandard one like mine. The thrill comes from hitting corners at speeds that you wouldn't dream of any of its contempories, and feeling it track like it's on rails while you're cranked over hard. And that's how it was set up. The steering geometry was set up for that kind of riding, and the tradeoff was that it wasn't a nimble bike, and an utter pain in the arse to ride around town. In other words, if you jumped onto one from a jap bike you'd have to ride it for a while to gain the confidence required to hit corners without braking in circumstances where you;re accustomed to braking. I've yet to ride a bike that can match it in that regard. When I get a chance I'll take my SV up to my favourite sweeper and try it out. It's a much more nimble bike than the LeMans - let's see how it performs at speed.

Then again, there's its integrated braking system - easily the best braked bike I've ever had. But that;s another story

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck. You got me. My K has ABS. Well, having very good brakes is the one concession I'll make to poofterisation of bikes. That;s my story and I'm sticking to it.

You are either a comedian or really dumb Cunt.
    Likes marras, Mr Bean, dwillia, pnork, datsikk and 4 others liked this post

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me clarify that statement.

Power? Compared to what? Even something from that era. Power compared to what exactly.
    Handling? Compared to what in that era. Compared to what in this era?
    You seriously have your dreams of Grandeur of a Le Mans.
    They are as lame as fuck compared to a 600 these days. They would be very close to a LAMs bike power to weight ratio they use.
    Last edited by GreenMeanie; 09-01-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím now wondering and Iíll pose this question to you.

Since your opinion seems to make the Le Mans ageless, you have made the incredible power known to us all. You have amazed us with their handling capabilities.
    I just wonder why the top teams in ASBK havenít picked up on their performance. I canít imagine how baluable your secrets would be to a team struggling to get on the podium.
    The Le Mans is certainly a ĎSleeperí.
    I get onto the top teams and enlighten them their maybe a dollar or to in it for you.
    You could buy another couple. But do so before everyone knows. They will be all bought up for ridiculous money.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatís the result if the corner isnít a sweeper?
    Do you hop off and push it around?

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er no, I ride a Hypermotard 1100 with no techo-aids.
    chuck steak gives this thread aids

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never ridden one have you fucknuckle ? Are you someone else that rides a poofter bike with four cylinders and traction fucking control and other pretty fucking electronic buttons to push?
    For someone who wanted to buy a gixxer, you seem to do a fair bit of bashing of jap inline 4s.

Also, you talk of riding hard yet, don't like splitting and would prefer to use the bus or emergency lane? Ok then...

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    How much does it weigh?
    1.4 - 1.7 kg

I agree that whilst riding you don't want distractions (isn't that one reason for riding? to get a clear head?) I can see some upsides to this helmet.

Noise cancelling sounds okay, the navigation MIGHT be usefull. HUD might also be okay.

AS for phone calls etc...that's the kind of 5hit you want to get away from whilst riding.
    Last edited by datsikk; 10-01-2019 at 05:12 AM.
    Likes Scraper liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Chuck Steak for sure tosser

Motorbike
    blackbird
    Liked
    113 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart helmet

This tread is pure gold
    Chuck steak, PSBís new whipping boy?
    Last edited by BLK'N'BLU; 10-01-2019 at 06:31 AM.
    Honda Blackbird, The gentleman's weapon of choice
    Barbeque sauce is the devils bum gravy
    Likes Papajero liked this post

Motorbike
    94 cbr1000f
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^i have to agree with ya 😂😂😂😂
    Born to ride forced to work

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've yet to ride a bike that can match it in that regard. When I get a chance I'll take my SV up to my favourite sweeper and try it out. It's a much more nimble bike than the LeMans - let's see how it performs at speed.

Then again, there's its integrated braking system - easily the best braked bike I've ever had. But that's another story

My K has ABS. Well, having very good brakes is the one concession I'll make to poofterisation of bikes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I'm not jumping on a bandwagon here and will refuse to resort to name calling as I actually want to have a constructive conversation here (even though this is now so far away from the helmet thread as one can get).

I won't argue that you have yet to ride something decent that can match what you've ridden with confidence into corners. Fair enough, but these bikes exist, there are literally 1000's of bikes now that can corner faster and more stable than your LeMans and these range from 125cc 2 strokes (what I could get away with on my Mito was terrifying) to 1300cc Hayabusa's and even a bunch of Cruisers as well. What you have ridden outside of your Guzzi may have been rubbish or it may have been limited by your ability, either to adapt or understand the bike rather than that of the bike itself. For example, try and ride a cruiser like a sports bike, or a Motard like a 1920's Enfield and it just won't work.

I know for a fact that every bike I own at the moment is limited not by it's handling or power but the squishy idiot at the controls. Try a modern Italian twin super bike or super-sport bike, everything from your 748/916 to the Panigale, the Aprilia RSV Twins hell, even an MV Agusta F4 and the front end on any of them feels planted like superglue to the road. Your recently purchased SV should very decent as well, very forgiving and plush, but it's not a bike that set the world on fire as it's a sporty touring bike. And if that doesn't handle better than your LeMans then there is something seriously wrong with it, or your interpretation of what makes a good handling bike. It's more powerful, lighter, has better brakes, tyres and suspension.

I would highly recommend getting yourself up to Wanneroo one day or down to Collie and do (or at least watch) a track day so that you can truly see what these things can do as, I think (and i'm sure several others) that your perception of these bikes is largely inaccurate.

As for brakes, ABS, simply put is the worst thing to have ever gone onto motorcycles. Having ABS doesn't give you better brakes, nor does it give you more powerful brakes and it also doesn't reduce your braking distance. There is one thing ABS can do, and one thing only and that is release a wheel that is locked by applying less brake pressure. At best all it can ever do is mask shitty braking techniques. Every bike I have had, that has had ABS, I have removed the entire system and replaced it with lines directly from the master cylinder directly to the calipers (braided of course). Added to that my current ZX10R runs oversize Brembo t-discs being bitten by a pair of Brembo GP4-RX calipers... you want stopping power? You can, at any speed if you wish, get the back wheel in the air with just 2 fingers on the lever. The thing brakes so damn hard it takes a few goes just to recalibrate your mind as to what is possible.

I'd actually be very keen to see how you go with your SV, and see and try and understand your frustration with what you consider what is a well handling bike, and what instills confidence in your riding.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes DQ, Scraper liked this post

Motorbike
    2006 GSX1400, 2008 SV650, 1992 NC30, 2015 RC390
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heís a complete fuckwit...
    Did he buy the wrong bike?
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter
    Likes keys, Blazon liked this post

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    1.4 - 1.7 kg

I agree that whilst riding you don't want distractions (isn't that one reason for riding? to get a clear head?) I can see some upsides to this helmet.

Noise cancelling sounds okay, the navigation MIGHT be usefull. HUD might also be okay.

AS for phone calls etc...that's the kind of 5hit you want to get away from whilst riding.
    Integrated front and rear cameras might be handy.
    -

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Integrated front and rear cameras might be handy.
    See all of that adds weight... one of my lightest helmets is 1.3kg (Xlite X-802) anything over 1.5kg and you will start to get fatigue unless you have a neck like an F1 Driver.

If a helmet were to have a HUD, it would be better to have the camera's on the bike, as turning you head in any direction would blur the image so much you would probably throw up in your helmet.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never ridden one have you fucknuckle ? Are you someone else that rides a poofter bike with four cylinders and traction fucking control and other pretty fucking electronic buttons to push?
    Ha. You do know that GM is one of the fastest cunts around this place right? Definitely in the top 10 octogenarians in the country.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Motorbike
    2006 GSX1400, 2008 SV650, 1992 NC30, 2015 RC390
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Ha. You do know that GM is one of the fastest cunts around this place right? Definitely in the top 10 octogenarians in the country.
    He's not fast... He's smooth, ask the ladies, and everyone knows smooth is fast.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Motorbike
    Suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just here for the lolz.. carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, Speedmaster 865, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impossible to walk in this muck, no footing at all.
    Likes xor liked this post