User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting back on the road again

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe check the gearing on your bike and see if it's stock or has been geared down for better acceleration. Leo Vince pipes are a touch loud, but they sound oh so good! Remus pipes always tend to be quieter, with many of them having baffle in the link pipes as well. I've got a Leo full system on the 10 and my ears still ring a few days later.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah just went to helmet house and accidentally twitch my wrist too much on start up.... I think I woke up half the neighbourhood... opps.
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor
    Likes Para045, Blazon liked this post

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first ride to work on the bike; forgot how much fun it can be on the road.... met a few guys in their holdens and fords at the traffic lights who wanted to go zoom zoom... but ignore them... theres plenty of them around Midland area

Surprised by how quick my petrol went down... im down 2 bars since refill at 50km.... either the Z is thirsty... or my wrist is still too flicky (I guessing #2 )
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor
    Likes TurboR1 liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post

Surprised by how quick my petrol went down... im down 2 bars since refill at 50km.... either the Z is thirsty... or my wrist is still too flicky (I guessing #2 )

I had bars on my CBR6 - whilst nice, I didn't find them that reliable an indicator as it didn't seem linear. I *think* (it's been a while - since the CBR, not thinking [but both may apply ]), the first 2 bars disappeared pretty quickly, the others took longer.

When I first got my GTI, I thought there was something seriously wrong with the fuel consumption... nope, it was just me being a leadfoot having fun
    Likes 2Bigfeet liked this post

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah... have to figure out my mileage on a full tank so will be interesting to see how I fare

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    When I first got my GTI, I thought there was something seriously wrong with the fuel consumption... nope, it was just me being a leadfoot having fun
    The analogue gauge on my BB is the opposite, I'll fill up and do ~150km's before the needle moves and she's on the low fuel light @ ~250km's
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised by how quick my petrol went down... im down 2 bars since refill at 50km.... either the Z is thirsty... or my wrist is still too flicky
    Yeah but you can't put a price on how much fun it is can you? Glad you're enjoying it!
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes okitoki liked this post

Motorbike
    1988 GSF250P, 2010 Z1000, 2013 Z800
    Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The zeds do have a bit of a buzzable nature at freeway speeds, my Z1000 and Z800 ar both a bit like that, they're set up to be quite grunty so the gearing is somewhat short. Going +1 front sprocket should make it feel a lot better, and putting a gear indicator on helps with looking for 7th.

Likewise fuel consumption is directly controlled by that right wrist. Some vehciles I've owned or driven/ridden seem to always get roughly the same mileage +/- maybe 20% depending on throttle control.... not the Zeds, they'll drink it if you're enjoying yourself but likewise are fairly good on fuel if you ride relaxed.

Enjoy it the 750's are a hoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Steak View Post
    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (canít decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well that didnt take long.... first slow drop this morning.
    While trying to reverse into a long narrow space, I managed to slip on my right foot while rolling right; slow slow motion drop..... slight scratches on the right cover; no big damage

worst part was i did it in front of the work shop.... can't wait till the next safety meeting.... gonna cop a lot of shit then

Motorbike
    1988 GSF250P, 2010 Z1000, 2013 Z800
    Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slow slow motion drop..... slight scratches on the right cover; no big damage
    Darn that's not great but doesn't sound bad. If you need help with the zeds just drop me a PM, with two now I've got a pretty good grasp on them maintenance wise, and iirc the Z750 and 800 share much the same underpinnings. I was a bit short with my reply about vinyl wrapping, long story but usually, I do enjoy writing 4/5ths of a novel when asked about things.
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Steak View Post
    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (canít decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah... contemplating cutting the seat or lowering it slightly.... I just an inch or 2 from complete flat foot, but just that rolling slope turn on sandy gravel driveways gives me pause.

Motorbike
    trek
    Liked
    416 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, yeah same on my street triple.
    Uneven ground/sand & being on the short side moving the bike around in car parks could be fun.
    Didn't modify anything.
    Striple weighed 185kg and so was easy to save from a fall.
    Learned to pay greater attention and it was fine.

Just on vibration;
    I've ridden a z750 and there's a definite harmonic vibration through the pegs at 80kph.
    Er6n's (paralllel twin) seem to have vibration everywhere at 60kph.

My striple had a slight vibration thru the bars around 100kph.
    Solved that by going faster.

Pros & cons with all bikes I guess.

Like the Z's...Enjoy!

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I had bars on my CBR6 - whilst nice, I didn't find them that reliable an indicator as it didn't seem linear. I *think* (it's been a while - since the CBR, not thinking [but both may apply ]), the first 2 bars disappeared pretty quickly, the others took longer.

4 bars on MT10 and they are certainly NOT linear - first two go after 30kms and then empty @100kms then fill up and there's 3-4 litres still in the tank

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Maybe check the gearing on your bike and see if it's stock or has been geared down for better acceleration. Leo Vince pipes are a touch loud, but they sound oh so good! Remus pipes always tend to be quieter, with many of them having baffle in the link pipes as well. I've got a Leo full system on the 10 and my ears still ring a few days later.
    how often do I need to repack the Leo?

Even with the ear plug, it still seem to scream pretty loud when cruising at 5-6k rev.... bearable, but maybe not for long rides.

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no real schedule for repacking mufflers, that I am aware of, all you can do really if you want is open it up and have a look if it needs it, and since it's open you may as well do it. But at a guess... 5 years if you're thrashing the pants off it, 10 years if you're commuting? Open to the floor for suggestions.

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the 2bros thread and seems like 3000km repack was excessive... so I thought 20,000km maybe reasonable

Motorbike
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20,000km, yeah that sounds reasonable.

2bros as in Two Brothers? Going by their build quality, a repack would be on the cards after every 20 minute ride... considering the pipe would have fallen apart by then anyway.

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that sucks... had a check on the tire pressure last night, and found that the newly pumped rear tire has drop from 42psi down to 32psi.... didnt find where the leak was, but will try tonight to see if its from the tire or the rims.

saw a cheap Power Commander V; wondering if it is useful/beneficial for a bike with only a slip on and K&N air filter (to be installed); my brain and wallet say no, but my FOMO side is saying yes....

Motorbike
    ZX10R, SV650S, DRZ400SM, YZ250, CRF50
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10psi over night is a pretty fast leak, get some soapy water & put it over the valve see if it bubbles, same with the bead

are you guys running the low 40's? ive been running 35/35 :-S
    Last edited by Hillz; 19-03-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Motorbike
    2010 Z750
    Liked
    546 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    10psi over night is a pretty fast leak, get some soapy water & put it over the valve see if it bubbles, same with the bead

are you guys running the low 40's? ive been running 35/35 :-S
    2 days to drop that; but still fast.... Will check with soapy water tonight.... lucky I checked as I was planning to ride today.

According to the book its 36/42; Had a look at tires been quoted around $195/$305 for Michelin Road 5 for front and rear....