User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 261 to 277 of 277

Thread: Mass shooting in Christchurch

  1. #261
    Member Saltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    At Aunty Jacks joint
    Motorbike
    K 1200 r
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top shelf Skut for bringing this post up, certainly has a lot of attention to who we are.
    Motorcycling is very much a therapy that has one size fits most Regardless where we come from,or what creed, an the environment we go home to.
    Many posts have mentioned “ Hate” me included. I would like to mention how we as humans ,an is wide spread globally, we have slowly but surely began a culture an taste for hateful mindset.
    Of course there many parables an speeches that can soothe an comfort the victims of this.
    But the pain an sufferering of these innocent people will last generations.
    I do fear for my grandchildren’s generation on what world will there inherit.
    I much as we can to uphold the right an freedom as individuals we have a right to stop this “hate” everyday.
    It’s up to the average bloke to stop this.An not see it ,or do nothing.or just allow it to continue.
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

  2. #262
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    So the 'average bloke' is now responsible for this.

    Spotto!
    Hey there, Hey fella.

  3. #263
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    14,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    So the 'average bloke' is now responsible can help prevent this.

    Spotto!
    Fixed and....

    Yes, It requires kicking against the pricks but yes they can.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

  4. #264
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazon View Post
    Still a fluid situation. 4 people arrested so far.
    Unconfirmed reports one shooter is Australian.

    https://www.news.com.au/world/pacifi...607a9ec426a734
    Wrong time and wrong place, 3 CH-CH crims up to routine mischief got dragged in and spat out.
    Ya get that...
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

  5. #265
    Member INTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona & Perth, WA
    Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Posts
    2,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For arguments sake, as a 2x migrant, married to an Iranian, 2 daughters, 4 years teaching experience at a school with 50% refugees (mostly Africa/Asia inc Middle East, and yes, some confirmed child soldiers), 30% indigenous and 20% 'white' kids, 2 years advocating for language and basic education lessons for migrants new to USA as well as indigenous American youth, and a decent amount of life experience, I have learned and seen with my own eyes a few things. Refugees arrive with mental issues due to trauma experienced in their home country, in the refugee camps and general immigration process, and from their treatment by some when they arrive for resettlement. The refugees can also arrive with babies, since they were either raped in the refugee camps, or as part of the attacks that lead them to become refugees (the refugee school had a daycare, yes). The refugees are not well received by indigenous people, for reasons akin to them being the 'second invasion' after white people. The refugees are not well received by the white people because they are perceived to get more support and welfare than the white people, among other things. The indigenous kids don't get along with the white kids because that's a strongly reinforced sentiment passed down by family due to trauma of their own past. Stolen generation, stolen land, massacres and such. Experience at that school was great because it was like its own little ecosystem, where you can see first hand how 'forced integration' works. It simply doesn't. In the end, refugees had their own 'place', indigenous kids had their own 'place', white kids were kinda just left to figure out where to go without 'intruding'. I could always sense a riot approaching because one of the cultural groups were in the 'wrong' place. I've been in the middle of brawls, carrying a kid flailing and screaming over my shoulder as I pushed through a crowd trying to beat the ever-living shit out of them. I've heard the racial slurs in all directions. I've seen them get along, also. It's absolutely stunning to see not only how quick people are to hate, but how quickly their perspective can change to acceptance. But there were plenty of cases also where hands were shaken and they'd still end up behind the shed an hour later beating down each other for the same reasons. I assume I have limited experience with these different cultures when compared to others in this forum, but to be honest a lot of people bashing others who have opinions just look like ignorant morons because you're not offering any substance - you're literally just calling people names like a god damn child. Everyone will agree shooting unarmed people is a disgrace. I said that myself yet I had some fucking weird reply about how I support some perplexing concept I didn't even follow so I couldn't even address it. Classic example of someone wanting to start a fight against someone totally uninterested in fighting. Totally reminds me of times I'd be in a pub, minding my own business, and some guy would ask if I have a problem with them. A few of you will find hate in just about anything and that's fucking sad. I don't see anyone coming here saying they're glad for the shooting, yet a FEW people are seizing every fucking opportunity to belittle others, seemingly based upon the fact that 'others' aren't offering fellatio to migrants. Keep it up, PSB. How about you idiots share what you have changed in your life since 50 Muslims were slaughtered during prayer. Try to project a faint image that you're not entirely stupid keyboard activists. I for one have done nothing different, because I don't feel at all responsible for this beyond acknowledging it was a horrific event.
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

  6. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South-ish
    Motorbike
    trek
    Liked
    416 times
    Posts
    2,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Wrong time and wrong place, 3 CH-CH crims up to routine mischief got dragged in and spat out.
    Ya get that...
    Hence the words fluid and unconfirmed in that early post.
    Everyone understands its still an ongoing investigation and the NZ police will update the details.

  7. #267
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazon View Post
    Hence the words fluid and unconfirmed in that early post.
    Everyone understands its still an ongoing investigation and the NZ police will update the details.
    Yes I do understand that, I first heard about his event before the first arrest and I heard about the subsequent arrests as they happened. I noted there was lag before they started referring to the single arrest, as a single arrest.
    In 2011 I heard about the earthquake very shortly after it happened and followed events on the radio and later the TV coverage until it finished coverage for the evening. It turned I was better informed about what was happening in CH-CH in real time than the locals were. I had power and TV coverage whilst most of them didn't, additionally they were too busy "taking care of business" to actually worry about the big picture.
    CH-CH is my home town, and the point I wanted to make is that there's always some sort of "things going down" and that they were just "collateral damage" from said fuckwit going postal with firearms.
    Again I say.
    Ya get that...
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

  8. #268
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    For arguments sake, as a 2x migrant, married to an Iranian, 2 daughters, 4 years teaching experience at a school with 50% refugees (mostly Africa/Asia inc Middle East, and yes, some confirmed child soldiers), 30% indigenous and 20% 'white' kids, 2 years advocating for language and basic education lessons for migrants new to USA as well as indigenous American youth, and a decent amount of life experience, I have learned and seen with my own eyes a few things. Refugees arrive with mental issues due to trauma experienced in their home country, in the refugee camps and general immigration process, and from their treatment by some when they arrive for resettlement. The refugees can also arrive with babies, since they were either raped in the refugee camps, or as part of the attacks that lead them to become refugees (the refugee school had a daycare, yes). The refugees are not well received by indigenous people, for reasons akin to them being the 'second invasion' after white people. The refugees are not well received by the white people because they are perceived to get more support and welfare than the white people, among other things. The indigenous kids don't get along with the white kids because that's a strongly reinforced sentiment passed down by family due to trauma of their own past. Stolen generation, stolen land, massacres and such. Experience at that school was great because it was like its own little ecosystem, where you can see first hand how 'forced integration' works. It simply doesn't. In the end, refugees had their own 'place', indigenous kids had their own 'place', white kids were kinda just left to figure out where to go without 'intruding'. I could always sense a riot approaching because one of the cultural groups were in the 'wrong' place. I've been in the middle of brawls, carrying a kid flailing and screaming over my shoulder as I pushed through a crowd trying to beat the ever-living shit out of them. I've heard the racial slurs in all directions. I've seen them get along, also. It's absolutely stunning to see not only how quick people are to hate, but how quickly their perspective can change to acceptance. But there were plenty of cases also where hands were shaken and they'd still end up behind the shed an hour later beating down each other for the same reasons. I assume I have limited experience with these different cultures when compared to others in this forum, but to be honest a lot of people bashing others who have opinions just look like ignorant morons because you're not offering any substance - you're literally just calling people names like a god damn child. Everyone will agree shooting unarmed people is a disgrace. I said that myself yet I had some fucking weird reply about how I support some perplexing concept I didn't even follow so I couldn't even address it. Classic example of someone wanting to start a fight against someone totally uninterested in fighting. Totally reminds me of times I'd be in a pub, minding my own business, and some guy would ask if I have a problem with them. A few of you will find hate in just about anything and that's fucking sad. I don't see anyone coming here saying they're glad for the shooting, yet a FEW people are seizing every fucking opportunity to belittle others, seemingly based upon the fact that 'others' aren't offering fellatio to migrants. Keep it up, PSB. How about you idiots share what you have changed in your life since 50 Muslims were slaughtered during prayer. Try to project a faint image that you're not entirely stupid keyboard activists. I for one have done nothing different, because I don't feel at all responsible for this beyond acknowledging it was a horrific event.
    At last a thoughtful and considered post, Sir I salute you for your eloquence. I've heard it said that prejudice does not survive through personal contact, you tend to reinforce that assertion.

    How about you idiots share what you have changed in your life since 50 Muslims were slaughtered during prayer.
    OK I'll start. I have softened my attitude towards Muslim immigrants and towards their religion. I am been aware of what it is like to live in the so called refugee camps, many of these people integrate and contribute to our daily world. As an atheist I will not change my attitude towards Catholicism or Islam but I will tolerate those who do follow this and other religions. So there you have it these events have made just a little less bigoted.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

  9. #269
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South-ish
    Motorbike
    trek
    Liked
    416 times
    Posts
    2,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Yes I do understand that, I first heard about his event before the first arrest and I heard about the subsequent arrests as they happened. .....
    ...
    CH-CH is my home town, and the point I wanted to make is that there's always some sort of "things going down" and that they were just "collateral damage" from said fuckwit going postal with firearms.
    Again I say.
    Ya get that...
    Everyone is shocked by the massacre in NZ.
    After the first few days I stopped looking at this thread because I not interested in reading the 'us vs them'
    rhetoric...Not saying thats you.

    If u want to provide your own personal updates, please do that without quoting me.
    cheers.
    Likes Ryanoceros, Green Trident liked this post

  10. #270
    Member dwillia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Nollamara
    Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    For arguments sake, as a 2x migrant, married to an Iranian, 2 daughters, 4 years teaching experience at a school with 50% refugees (mostly Africa/Asia inc Middle East, and yes, some confirmed child soldiers), 30% indigenous and 20% 'white' kids, 2 years advocating for language and basic education lessons for migrants new to USA as well as indigenous American youth, and a decent amount of life experience

    I have learned and seen with my own eyes a few things. Refugees arrive with mental issues due to trauma experienced in their home country, in the refugee camps and general immigration process, and from their treatment by some when they arrive for resettlement. The refugees can also arrive with babies, since they were either raped in the refugee camps, or as part of the attacks that lead them to become refugees (the refugee school had a daycare, yes). The refugees are not well received by indigenous people, for reasons akin to them being the 'second invasion' after white people. The refugees are not well received by the white people because they are perceived to get more support and welfare than the white people, among other things.

    The indigenous kids don't get along with the white kids because that's a strongly reinforced sentiment passed down by family due to trauma of their own past. Stolen generation, stolen land, massacres and such. Experience at that school was great because it was like its own little ecosystem, where you can see first hand how 'forced integration' works. It simply doesn't. In the end, refugees had their own 'place', indigenous kids had their own 'place', white kids were kinda just left to figure out where to go without 'intruding'. I could always sense a riot approaching because one of the cultural groups were in the 'wrong' place. I've been in the middle of brawls, carrying a kid flailing and screaming over my shoulder as I pushed through a crowd trying to beat the ever-living shit out of them. I've heard the racial slurs in all directions. I've seen them get along, also.

    It's absolutely stunning to see not only how quick people are to hate, but how quickly their perspective can change to acceptance. But there were plenty of cases also where hands were shaken and they'd still end up behind the shed an hour later beating down each other for the same reasons. I assume I have limited experience with these different cultures when compared to others in this forum, but to be honest a lot of people bashing others who have opinions just look like ignorant morons because you're not offering any substance - you're literally just calling people names like a god damn child. Everyone will agree shooting unarmed people is a disgrace. I said that myself yet I had some fucking weird reply about how I support some perplexing concept I didn't even follow so I couldn't even address it. Classic example of someone wanting to start a fight against someone totally uninterested in fighting. Totally reminds me of times I'd be in a pub, minding my own business, and some guy would ask if I have a problem with them.

    A few of you will find hate in just about anything and that's fucking sad. I don't see anyone coming here saying they're glad for the shooting, yet a FEW people are seizing every fucking opportunity to belittle others, seemingly based upon the fact that 'others' aren't offering fellatio to migrants. Keep it up, PSB. How about you idiots share what you have changed in your life since 50 Muslims were slaughtered during prayer. Try to project a faint image that you're not entirely stupid keyboard activists. I for one have done nothing different, because I don't feel at all responsible for this beyond acknowledging it was a horrific event.
    it's not hard to do, yet makes all the difference to a post

  11. #271
    Member AZAZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Fixed and....

    Yes, It requires kicking against the pricks but yes they can.
    You get that my reply was a pisstake grammar flame of the statement:

    "It’s up to the average bloke to stop this."

    It's up to the perpetrators to "stop this".
    Hey there, Hey fella.
    Likes Green Trident, dwillia, Para045 liked this post

  12. #272
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    How about you idiots share what you have changed in your life since 50 Muslims were slaughtered during prayer.
    Nothing much changed for me WRT to my attitude towards Muslims as I treat people as individuals and assume, irrespective of their religion, that the vast majority of people are good, or at least wish others no harm. I do however feel that there's some element of those who might have been inclined in a discussion with mates down the pub to flippantly throw around the "all Muslims are terrorists" phrase without too much thought, may have softened in their approach as this shooting shows that they too, can be victims. This is just a gut feeling, but if it has happened it would be the exact opposite of what Tarrant would have wanted - though he will be blocked from all media so won't know anything.
    Last edited by Kristy; Yesterday at 12:49 PM.
    Likes Skut, Green Trident liked this post

  13. #273
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW I came into this thread late (half way, to date) as most can see I've bought into it as CH-CH is my home town.
    The bottom line is that I have now read the entire thread (to date)...
    Ya get that...
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes AZAZL liked this post

  14. #274
    Member GreenMeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cardboard Box
    Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Posts
    4,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    134 Muslims killed in Mali by Muslims.
    Oh, the humanity. Oh, the outrage.

  15. #275
    Member Joe Shabadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NoR
    Motorbike
    a couple...
    Liked
    585 times
    Posts
    5,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its ok if they kill their own... kinda like beating your missus is a bit less bad than thuggin a random member of public

  16. #276
    Member Skut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Posts
    11,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    .... I don't see anyone coming here saying they're glad for the shooting, yet a FEW people are seizing every fucking opportunity to belittle others, seemingly based upon the fact that 'others' aren't offering fellatio to migrants. Keep it up, PSB. How about you idiots share what you have changed in your life since 50 Muslims were slaughtered during prayer. Try to project a faint image that you're not entirely stupid keyboard activists. I for one have done nothing different, because I don't feel at all responsible for this beyond acknowledging it was a horrific event.
    How much of this thread have you actually read?

    How much have I changed my life since? Not at all, just still pointing out that racist attitudes and shitposting aint helping anyone as per usual - but if that is fellating migrants then whatever. The only fellatio I offered was to GM, and he's still resisting for some reason.


    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    its ok if they kill their own... kinda like beating your missus is a bit less bad than thuggin a random member of public
    Or maybe it's like organised crime or outlaw murdercyclist gangs?

    Or maybe it's comparing regions of the world that have a fuck-ton of problems politically, economically, and tribally (and those deaths are just as terrible) with our closest neighbour regionally and culturally and an act perpetrated by one of our own citizens for reasons even more bizzaro than the usual sky-fairy stuff and seemingly motivated by an amorphous internet phenomena (virus?) that appears to have taken on a life of it's own - almost like an AI built out of xenophobic memes but actually just a gestalt of like-minded incel-type weirdos all starting to think in the same cult-like way.

    There is no real difference between fundamentalist Islamic terrorists or the fundamentalist RWNJ when it comes down to it - particularly their perplexing inability to see how alike they are.

  17. #277
    Member INTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona & Perth, WA
    Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Posts
    2,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    134 Muslims killed in Mali by Muslims.
    Oh, the humanity. Oh, the outrage.


    "At the beginning of the '80s I watched a late night documentary on TV about all the terrible death and suffering of the people in Africa. It both moved and appalled me, and the pictures just wouldn't leave my head. I tried to imagine how I'd feel about if I was there and what I'd do"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •