User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought a Lemon Jeep Wrangler - Anyone knows a good lawyer/law-firm?

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren’t lemons!
    They are just misunderstood.

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're fucked, basically. Furtunately Wranglers retain a bit of resale so trade it in on another brand.

Your mistake is assuming that FCA would willingly pay you a single cent. Trade in on a new car will be cheaper in the long run than any legal action you take.

Cut your losses and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?
    Likes FJ Steve, Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have thought it to be unfit for the purpose it was sold for....but I can be nieve...nyeve....ni...oh fuck it!... dumb
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    I would have thought it to be unfit for the purpose it was sold for....but I can be nieve...nyeve....ni...oh fuck it!... dumb
    You're right of course. The problem is your recourse, when what you purchase is "not fit for purpose", is to the person who sold you the product. Not the manufacturer, who is only responsible for safety recalls.

Which may be why the dealer is "supporting" the buyer.
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hasanito View Post
    Hey everyone,

FIRST; DON'T EVER BUY JEEP...!!

**I understand that some people may love their Jeeps:
    **Some may have bought a Jeep and never had any issue... but when you do buy a lemon Jeep, these bastards are the worst company to deal with!!

I'm at the final stage where I have to get a legal help and go to court. All the other options are exhausted!
    Anyone here may have either gone through similar issues and can recommend a good lawyer, or do know a good lawyer that could help.

___

Shortened version of the back story:

I bought a brand new Jeep Wrangler Sports 2 Door in 2017 ($39,600+).
    I had the first engine miss fire 3 weeks after the purchase date.
    I had further 6 engine misfires
    In grand total, the Jeep spent close to 8 months in the dealership for mechanical checks/repairs
    After the last occurrence of the same identical fault, I refused to pick up the jeep from dealership.

Last 5 months I have been keep paying the Jeeps car loan, registration, insurance and I have no car!!
    (Fiat Chrysler Australia - who owns the jeep) refusing the refund or replace the Jeep.

The dealership I bought the car from is John Hughes.
    I have to give him what's due, after the third occurrence of the same fault, he contacted FCA on my behalf and was turned down.
    Ever since, he's been supporting my case however, ultimately this needs to be resolved from FCA side.
    This last occurrence, he even bluntly forewarned FCA of a class action; it seems I'm not the only one but in my case seems the worst one.

ACCC WA was even more blunt, they advised that what FCA is doing breaches the ACCC guidelines but FCA still wont budge.

Since Australia don't have Lemon-Cars law, there is nothing legally binding them to the ACCC guidelines.

Next step is lawyers and go to court.

I have already contacted Aston Wood and even John Cadogan from Autoexpert.
    This is now, me against a big corporation with deep pockets.

So if anyone knows any good lawyer/law-firms, I'd appreciate some contact details.
    This'll save me sifting through all the commercial lawyers in WA

Your claim, really could potentially be with the dealer rather than manufacturer - regardless of how nice and supportive they are..

Dept of commerce is your next step for lodging a complaint but the usual FB complaints, contacting a third party like choice can also help. It's a major fault if you would not have bought the car if not for the full extent of the fault being known ad the ACCC gives a few pathways to entitle you to a remedy by a replacement or refund under consumer guarantee.

If the vehicle is substantially unfit for purpose ie misfiring, and cannot be made fit in a reasonable timeframe - ie the months taken thus far - then you can choose to reject and choose to have a refund/replacement from whoever supplied the vehicle

There's a commercial lawyer I'd recommend but I'd explore getting support for a cost free remedy first..
    Last edited by Jaw; 16-04-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Likes =Maz=, Heretic liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, SV650S, DRZ400SM, YZ250, CRF50
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this jeep owner thought tinting his/her windscreen was the thing to do lol
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    2018 MT10 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's about as retarded as the bloke I saw once spraying CRC on his brakes cops they were making a noise

Motorbike
    a couple...
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand
    Likes thro liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post

this jeep owner thought tinting his/her windscreen was the thing to do lol
    I can't say I blame them, easier to hide the shame in your dead regretful eyes if no one can see it's you driving a Jeep.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes FJ Steve, Para045, thro liked this post

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Motorbike
    Hot tub SRAD time machine
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Your claim, really could potentially be with the dealer rather than manufacturer - regardless of how nice and supportive they are..

Dept of commerce is your next step for lodging a complaint but the usual FB complaints, contacting a third party like choice can also help. It's a major fault if you would not have bought the car if not for the full extent of the fault being known ad the ACCC gives a few pathways to entitle you to a remedy by a replacement or refund under consumer guarantee.

If the vehicle is substantially unfit for purpose ie misfiring, and cannot be made fit in a reasonable timeframe - ie the months taken thus far - then you can choose to reject and choose to have a refund/replacement from whoever supplied the vehicle

There's a commercial lawyer I'd recommend but I'd explore getting support for a cost free remedy first..
    +1, the dealer is the legal entity who sold you the car not FCA, your sales contract is with them its the dealer who must remedy the issue, and it does sound like they have been attempting to, kinda, hopefully they are looking after you with a loaner or something like that. As mentioned you could try and say that as a new car the vehicle is not fit for purpose through unreliability or dangerous. Also leaving the car parked there I dont think is helping, thats more a problem for you than them :-)
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Likes FJ Steve liked this post