User Tag List

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 766

Thread: CWTK: The flaming homosexual agenda.

  1. #741
    Member Skut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Posts
    10,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Thread certainly is a parody of the argument clinic .
    With the accidental opening of door 13. The abuse room
    A bit of verbal sparring online about this particular topic pales in comparison to the abuse experienced by some people on a regular basis. Sure, there has been some OTT name-calling but some of that stems from frustration at the seeming inability of anyone defending the NO position to articulate any rational reason to oppose granting equal rights to others despite their firm opinion on doing just that - it really is that simple.

    Playing the old "centrist" argument of "You're just as bad a bigot because you won't accept their bigoted opinion" is getting old on the interwebs these days. I'm sure not going to try to convince anyone who is sitting on the fence on this issue, or a committed NO voter, because it's a pretty black and white issue and no-one has yet presented a case why a YES outcome would have any negative impact on anyone. Have a look at the map I posted, it seems when it comes to social policy, renewable energy technology, EV incentives, environmental policy, refugee issues etc Australia is falling further and further behind.

  2. #742
    Member datsikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SOR
    Liked
    46 times
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Yeh, it'll definitely be the end of your marriage, as your marriage will mean fuck all once the gays marry hey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternate View Post
    This reads just like "I support equal rights and coloured folk can eat in my diner, but they have to use that door over there."

    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    Again, Wow!

    I have pointed out what I saw as flaws in other's arguments (or lack there-of) and I didn't even call anyone a cunt (as others have). I pointed to a lack of relevance in your argument (as did about 3 others) and yes conflated it in comparison to the BS promulgated by the NO campaign. You actually seem to have trouble articulating a genuine reason for anyone to oppose marriage equality, but of cos that's all my fault for being a bully and you're gonna get all pissy with me?

    On a brighter note - didn't the NRL fans just HATE that song?



    No, of course they didn't

    And...



    And considering we were one of the first countries to give women the right to vote our current conservatism is fucking embarrassing TBH.
    So looking at the map, the majority of the world is AGAINST gay marriage..

  3. #743
    Member Skut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Posts
    10,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    So looking at the map, the majority of the world is AGAINST gay marriage..
    How many of those places would you like to live?
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

  4. #744
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Motorbike
    .
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    5,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    So looking at the map, the majority of the world is AGAINST gay marriage..
    Yeh because Australia usually looks to communist/dictatorships/religiously conservative/third world/war torn countries for policy advice hey.


    You're now just clutching at straws and sounding desperate.
    Likes Skut, Ryanoceros, Blazon liked this post

  5. #745
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Coast
    Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Germany was the last country to legalise gay marriage. Ms Merkel in a surprise move decided to let their politicians a conscious vote.

    Ms Merkel said though she voted against legalising gay marriage, she hoped Parliament's approval of the measure would lead to more social cohesion.

    "For me, marriage in the basic law is marriage between a man and a woman and that is why I did not vote in favour of this bill today," she said.

    The result was 393 pollies voted yes, 226 voted no and 4 chickened out. It was a fantastic victory for the SSM crew, 36% of the politicians voted no, 1% abstained, thats life. These are all facts. ( source http://www.abc.net.au/ ) but you probably wouldn't know that if your primary source of news is facebook.
    This is democracy in process and the majority ruled and everybody abided by the decision.

    Well that sounds like quite a mature way to deal with an issue doesn't it.

    guys, remember, we arent voting, its a survey no one asked for or wanted.... the real decision isnt yours, its the politicians and they will vote however the fuck they choose to and i think it will go along the same lines as Germany.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality


    Likes Skut, Tim the PM, =Maz= liked this post

  6. #746
    Member =Maz='s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the burbs...East
    Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Posts
    4,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    So looking at the map, the majority of the world is AGAINST gay marriage..
    If only I'd known that before voting Yes.
    I mean if the rest of the world is against it it must be wrong. Like when the world believed the earth was flat, like when the world believed leeches cured disease or when it believed an eclipse was the end of the world.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

  7. #747
    Member MikeL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canning Vale
    Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Posts
    894
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =Maz= View Post
    If only I'd known that before voting Yes.
    I mean if the rest of the world is against it it must be wrong. Like when the world believed the earth was flat,
    <cough> https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=186553 <cough>

    Quote Originally Posted by =Maz= View Post
    like when the world believed leeches cured disease or when it believed an eclipse was the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

  8. #748
    Member Skut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Posts
    10,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post

    Someone posted this on my feed today (some brainiac psychologist who used to frequent here some time back) which I feel clarifies this seemingly contradictory statement ...



    It's the old, "you're just as much a bigot if you don't accept my bigotry" argument that crawls up it's own arse in online debates these days - much like the "truth is relative" BS.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

  9. #749
    Member Joe Shabadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NoR
    Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Posts
    5,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To cast those who have a moral, religious or personal view that marriage is between a man and woman, in the same light as a genocidal dictatorship is idiotic
    Likes Thomas Peel, Blazon, datsikk liked this post

  10. #750
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    To cast those who have a moral, religious or personal view that marriage is between a man and woman, in the same light as a genocidal dictatorship is idiotic
    Is it?

    Hitler had a personal view that a Jewish person was lesser than another person.

    His ability to incite people based upon that personal opinion didn't turn out great for the Jewish population in Europe.

    Who's to say what bigoted opinions should go unchecked in today's society? Not me, I can't see into the future.

    And you're saying that religious views that repress civil rights are okay? I've done a little research and it turns out that one or two wars have been started by religious views. Apparently there a few zealots amongst that demographic.

    How's that moral opinion of the KKK? Is it okay that they each share an unpopular view?

    So, yeah, I think it's an okay argument.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes 66 liked this post

  11. #751
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone loves Jim Jeffries, right?

    Except the NRA and gun owners, obviously. And people who take themselves too seriously... possibly those who don't like his prolific use of the word "cunt".

    Anyhow, he's got a pretty inciteful view on religion. He's not "pro" religious beliefs. I guess that would include those who view marriage as a sacred act between a man and woman specifically.

    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  12. #752
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth (central)
    Liked
    416 times
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Is it?

    Hitler had a personal view that a Jewish person was lesser than another person.

    His ability to incite people based upon that personal opinion didn't turn out great for the Jewish population in Europe.

    Who's to say what bigoted opinions should go unchecked in today's society? Not me, I can't see into the future.

    And you're saying that religious views that repress civil rights are okay? .....
    Godwins law always sneaks into the debate.

    People always seem to forget the first country the Nazis invaded was their own. The concentration camps were
    about ethnic cleansing, it had nothing to do with religion.
    Also a number of these prisoners were political prisoners ie. gypsies, gays and catholic priests.

    Brendon is right. Comparing people against SSM to the Nazis is extreme.

    Those opposing SSM are not evil they are simply set in their ways because religion/tradition/homophobic.
    The Yes vote will get up and most likely some on the No side will come round eventually.

    I am pretty sure we wont have to go to war over it.
    Likes Skut, Tim the PM liked this post

  13. #753
    Member Ryanoceros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    All Night Pizza Cafè
    Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Posts
    5,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God damnit, I submitted my yes vote before I read the false outrage over receiving a text in this thread. Will sharpen my pitchfork for the next social issue then..
    Rest in Peace

    #294


    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

  14. #754
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazon View Post
    Godwins law always sneaks into the debate.

    People always seem to forget the first country the Nazis invaded was their own. The concentration camps were
    about ethnic cleansing, it had nothing to do with religion.
    Also a number of these prisoners were political prisoners ie. gypsies, gays and catholic priests.

    Brendon is right. Comparing people against SSM to the Nazis is extreme.

    Those opposing SSM are not evil they are simply set in their ways because religion/tradition/homophobic.
    The Yes vote will get up and most likely some on the No side will come round eventually.

    I am pretty sure we wont have to go to war over it.
    I'm unsure why you've quoted me? I neither initiated Hitler (that was Skut's picture and directly related to the post I quoted), nor did I make any connection to Hitler and religion.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  15. #755
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ...
    Motorbike
    ...
    Liked
    5260 times
    Posts
    22,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no "vote"...

    People expressed their opinion, and even then they didn't really get to "express" their opinion only answer yes or no to a question...
    Likes Heretic, pnork liked this post

  16. #756
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth (central)
    Liked
    416 times
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    I'm unsure why you've quoted me? I neither initiated Hitler (that was Skut's picture and directly related to the post I quoted), nor did I make any connection to Hitler and religion.
    ran with the Hitler context though.....Hitler with no connection to religion ...but religion is evil was always your point...eg. KKK.

    Tribalism and judgement. This is not a revelation...I don't condone it but its human nature. Sometimes its extreme
    but most of the time it isn't.

  17. #757
    Member Loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South. Just.
    Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazon View Post
    ran with the Hitler context though.....Hitler with no connection to religion ...but religion is evil was always your point...eg. KKK.

    Tribalism and judgement. This is not a revelation...I don't condone it but its human nature. Sometimes its extreme
    but most of the time it isn't.
    Dude, again misquoting me?

    The KKK is not a religious sect. I didn't use them as an example of religion. But you've said I did.

    Both Joe and Skut referenced Hitler, of course my reply did - it had to in order to be in context and relevant.

    Tribalism? Pfft. I hope that's not supposed to be something inherent in my post. Tribalism is about factions, this vote is about inclusivity.

    If you quote me again please make sure you're doing it right.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

    Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

  18. #758
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth (central)
    Liked
    416 times
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Tribalism? Pfft. I hope that's not supposed to be something inherent in my post. Tribalism is about factions, this vote is about inclusivity.

    If you quote me again please make sure you're doing it right.
    Yes vs No is Tribalism.....just like right vs wrong

  19. #759
    Member Joe Shabadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NoR
    Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Posts
    5,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this fuckin thing over yet?

  20. #760
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    Is this fuckin thing over yet?
    Is it really having an impact on your life? I've started just ignoring the "vote no" crap on FB instead of wasting my energy trying to reason with them (or pursuing the impossible task of getting a single rational reason from them).

    It won't be "over" until equal rights are made available to SS couples.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •