Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good and Bad Restaurants.

Ok well this week my darling GF and I have been out for dinner a few times and had one great experience and one really poor one.

Can not say enough good things about Aquarium Chinese Seafood Restaurant in Belmont, Great Eastern Highway.
    Great service, an incredible menu including a huge array of traditional chinese dish's and the price was pretty reasonable too.
    Chilli Pepper fried Squid tentacles and Sang Choy Bow were great as entree's and then between the four of us we all managed to sample a traditional ginger Crocodile dish.
    All the food was great and huge servings and to finish off the meal a complimentary platter of fresh fruit.

Then a few nights later headed over to Belmont Forum and what was formerly known as Griff's Restaurant has since been taken over by new owners and renamed The Manor.
    Way overpriced for what was served, took ages for the meals to be served, the service was poor and while the food was ok it certainly wasnt anything special.
    Has taken a big dive in quality since being taken over and wont be seeing our custom again.
    As I said to my GF, I have had a better steak in Kazakhstan which is not a good thing.

So where is a good restaurant you've been to lately, and where will you never return to?
    In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Motorbike
    GSXR1000K2
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to LaMonte's in East Perth last week. Very nice place with a very beautiful spot on the river. Service was fantastic and the food was great. Highly recommended.

Olives and bread on the table on arrival and they let my gf try a few wines to find one she liked. Great!

Liked
    42 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caesars in Freo:
    • on a table of about 10, there was over an hour between first & last mains being brought out. Even then there were only 2 in our party who thought the standard was up to par. And 1 order was just plain wrong.
    • Cocktail I bought was the smallest I've ever been served, was mostly ice, and still cost $14.
    • Corkage was (attempted to be) charged on the BYO wine. There was no ice bucket, we had to ask for glasses (more than once), and it was neither opened nor poured for us. I realise the last bit sounds a bit bratty, but it should be part of the service.
    • When the glasses eventually arrived, they weren't distributed to each patron, instead they were left in a heap on the empty table next to us, silently, by the waitress who barely spoke a word of English, and then up to us to assume they were ours, and distribute them among ourselves.
    Won't be back unless its free.
    0.5 out of 5

on a positive note, another 1st for me this year...

Julios in West Perth:
    top notch.

Service excellent, food brilliant, atmosphere.. perhaps the only detractor. Many small rooms as opposed to one large dining room, its not for me. If I go to a restaurant I want to feel like I'm at a restaurant. Too much like a house for my taste.

4.5 out of 5
    Last edited by Machast; 31-12-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Motorbike
    Yamaha TRX 850
    Liked
    1295 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must throw in a recomendation to mekon in inglewood on beauford street. I have been going there for years now. Incredibley cheap but excellent food and a very casual atmosphere. If you have not been i recomend you give it a look. On the other side of the table, I must give two fat indians in Mt Lawley a blast. Overpriced, very poor service and the food was nothing remotely special.

Motorbike
    1994 CBR 900RR Stuntfighter, 1981 CBX1000. 2010 Trumpy Street Triple R
    Liked
    123 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caprici in Rockingham = Bad.

Traditional Italian fare, served with chips or wedges. Oh, and a large serving of bill.

We dont get out for restaurants very often, so I will be watching this thread closely.
    It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Liked
    42 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for something less formal, anyone who likes Chinese & hasn't been to Hans café is missing out.
    • Quick & easy, can lob in on a whim with no booking.
    • The menu is huge.
    • Almost all of them are located half a stone's throw from a cinema, so they're good for a dinner/movie night.
    • I've been to all of them, some many times, and every single meal I've had has been great.
    • 9 times out of 10 I'm surprised how quick the food has arrived.
    • Generous portions mean good value for money.

Inactive Member HotelBushranger's Avatar
    Motorbike
    '74 BMW R60/6, '72 Daytona 500
    Liked
    74 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicholson's Bar and Grill on Nicholson Rd, Canning Vale.

~$20-30 get's you a big fuck off main (like half the size of the plate steaks), plus salad and chips, good service, good beer on tap and good atmosphere. Granted, one time when I went the food came late and luke warm (kitchen was just about to close) but apart from that, awesome stuff.

Motorbike
    None
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little Ceasers Italian Restaurant in Ascot. Great food, pretty average decor. Points lost because the owner came out and tried to tell us funny stories. Major points won because the young Italian brunette (possibly daughter) waitress was the hottest woman I have ever seen.

Would go again to have a nice meal but not to celebrate or take someone special. A great 78+th date restaurant.
    Last edited by Jedi; 31-12-2008 at 05:33 PM.
    Likes b4bmm liked this post

Liked
    76 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good:
    Cinnamon Club - Leederville
    Kailis - Leederville
    Voyager winery - Margaret River

Bad:
    Royal Thai - Mt Hawthorn

Motorbike
    Ninja 250R 2009 GREEN :)
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BAD:Last Drop Brewery - Canningvale, Bad Service and over priced food, even tried to charge me for a pizza I had to wait 1 1/2 hours for and they said that I ate it???

GOOD:Taurus BBQ - Willeton, Kanta Japanese - Langford

Motorbike
    RZ250-R
    Liked
    806 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foolishboy View Post
    So where is a good restaurant
    Villa D'Esté : Chef Recommendations Menu

PANZEROTTI DI RICOTTA
    Medallions of home made pasta filled with ricotta and spinach, served with a sauce of fresh tomato, mushroom and sundried tomatoes.

PRAWNS AND SCALLOPS
    King Prawns and Scallops cooked in the woodfire oven with garlic and butter.

RABBIT ALLA CONTADINA
    Rabbit cut in pieces on the bone cooked in a sauce of white wine, tomato, oregano, olives and fine herbs.

TRICTICA AL FORNO
    Combination of quail, spatchcock and pigeon cooked in the woodfire oven and served with pickling onions, chestnuts and a port wine sauce.

AGNOLOTTI AL SALMONE
    Parcels of fresh pasta filled with Atlantic salmon and basil accompanied with a tomato sauce.

STUFFED BABY SQUID ALLA ZINGARA
    Baby squid filled with a mixture of mushrooms, capsicum, sausage and zucchini served with a lime butter sauce.

TRITICO ALLA ROTISSERIE E FORNO
    Combination of Lamb, Duck and Piglett.

RABBIT MARINATO AL CHIANTI
    Rabbit cut in pieces on the bone marinated with red chianti wine, vegetables, herbs and spices and then cooked.

CRESPELLE ALLA TOSCANA
    Italian pancake filled with spinach and ricotta, served with a light sauce of besciamelle and tomato.

SCAMPI AL FORNO A LEGNA
    Scampi cooked in the woodfire oven with a touch of chilli and garlic.

CAPRETTO WITH POLENTA
    Baby goat cut in pieces on the bone, cooked in a sauce of white wine, tomato, oregano, olives, fine herbs and served with polenta.

QUAGLIE ALLA PADANIA
    Quails with a mirepoix of vegetables and pancetta, served in a cognac butter sauce.

TORTELLONI BIANCHI E NERI
    Black and white tortellini stuffed with seafood served with black coloured squid ink and a light cream and tomato sauce.

CHAMPIGNON RIPIENI
    Champignon filled with mushroom capsicum, sausage and served with a balsamic wine sauce.

TROTA ALLA SALVIA
    Trout cooked in the oven with butter and sage and de-boned at the table.

OSSO BUCO
    Veal shank cooked in a red wine sauce and served with polenta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendito View Post
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Motorbike
    '09 CB400 & '93 VFR400
    Liked
    8 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gozer, did you have to do that

*checks purse* HMMMMM
    Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Liked
    681 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foolishboy View Post
    Then a few nights later headed over to Belmont Forum and what was formerly known as Griff's Restaurant has since been taken over by new owners and renamed The Manor.
    wife went there last week, same story. when it was Griff's it was pretty alright.

she said it was the worst service last week she's ever had anywhere, the coffee tasted like dirty dishwater and none of the staff spoke anything even resembling broken english.

pity, griff's was pretty good (for belmont.)

Motorbike
    RZ250-R
    Liked
    806 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lady Di View Post
    Gozer, did you have to do that

*checks purse* HMMMMM

that restaurant is arguably the best meal out ive experienced
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendito View Post
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Motorbike
    Honda VFR 800 2016
    Liked
    42 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "cee" restuarant, top of st martins tower the old Highlight 33.

Top end of the restuarant market. Don't expect to get thru under $200.00 a couple.
    For the money you get high end french service and food that looks too good to eat. Well, we ate it, it was as good as it looked. Service was almost too good. Needed a waiter? 5-10 seconds. The staff cottoned on that we where there for our 10th wedding anniversay and came up with a special desert plate with "happy anniversay" written in chocolate.
    Live music was a couple on a piano and percussion.
    Naturally as you'd expect, the view was breath taking as the restuarant takes about 45 minutes to turn 360 degrees. the sun set is pretty cool from there!
    Every detail was adressed, for a night to remember.
    ONly downer was the ugly concrete car park down stairs. It was like stepping out of the flash restuarant, elevator and into a concrete box. Oh well.

Matilda bay restuarant. Crawley. Near the uni.

Why is it near the uni? because that's where all the staff is. study during the day, evening job they don't care less about.

Pluses - View of the river, macca's nearby.

minuses. Shit food. Cold, undercooked thin tough steak. Cold soggy uncooked vegies, no service (I had to get up and go to the counter to get drinks, twice) pathetic attitude from all the staff and a loaded price, just under $200 though we talked them down to $100 after complaining about the shit service and asking where the nearest macca's was as we where still hungry.
    Only way I'd go back is to throw in a hand grenade.

Motorbike
    09 R6
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotelBushranger View Post
    Nicholson's Bar and Grill on Nicholson Rd, Canning Vale.

~$20-30 get's you a big fuck off main (like half the size of the plate steaks), plus salad and chips, good service, good beer on tap and good atmosphere. Granted, one time when I went the food came late and luke warm (kitchen was just about to close) but apart from that, awesome stuff.
    totally agree there one of my favourite places to eat another one I don't mind to much is the gate in success good food, plenty to choose from on the menu.

Edit: just thought of the best place to eat food wise not really service( not enough tables to eat in) would be little cesears (sp) pizza at the top of greenmount hill yum yum best pizza ever!
    Last edited by ashmo; 19-01-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Motorbike
    Slingshot, RGV250, Monark
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most recent times ive been out.

pizza bella roma, cheap'ish food. service was alright. its pretty much a sure thing.

benny's bar and cafe, undercooked pasta. undercooked scallops. bad service. wont be going back.

galileo restaurant, gorgeous food. best food ive had out in ages. food took a little while. but yeah i would reccomend it to anyone. bit expensive.

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best food I've had in perth:
    1. Loose Box, Mundaring
    2. C Restaurant, Perth
    3. Little Caesars, Mundaring

Worst:
    Any wanky pub that charges you $20 for a hamburger and chips, or something else out of the deep fryer.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Motorbike
    IN BETWEEN HORSIES
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steaks-Hogs Breathe Joondalup service meh so so but food is always yum and the steak is bootiful.
    Chinese- New Panda Mindarie/Quinns. Mixed cuisine-Witches Cauldron-Subi. Good food loads of it and good service.

Something tranquil and quaint perhaps lunch-Mallard Duck Cafe or Old Cottage Cafe swan valley. No shortage of food out yonder and always friendly.

Everyone has their good and bad experiences I guess its whose working on the day or night you turn up that makes the difference.

Liked
    393 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian restaurant here in beaumaris Shopping centre.
    Pizza= Lambretta's.
    For a wee trip in the country site Seasons restaurant/hotel in Newman, yummy steaks and fish dishes.
    Best food overall; Mum's Kitchen right here at home and the bar is always open when I am there!