User Tag List

Page 215 of 221 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4401

Thread: Official Thread for Random Photos (That dont deserve their thread)

Motorbike
    ZRX1200R, X1 White Lightning, 06 FJR 1300, Norton Commando
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two composite images done over the last couple of nights. ISS pass, then a shorter exosure to capture a sharp sky, layered in PS.
    " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mate ...that first one does it for me.. alien landscape-- yet familiar at the same time...;-)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks--interesting effects when you start to make composite images from layers. First couple I tried of the lower image, yuk. Still look a bit weird but not in a good way. All to do with how you manage the layers, which I really know F-all about. Looking back at some of my earlier posts on this subject, some look distinctly out of focus, which I can't really believe, so maybe there was a tiny bit of movement on the tripod.
    Did you know the Chinese have two space stations up now? Tiangong 1 & 2, according to my ISS Finder app. They have started predicting passes, looking for one tonight.

Motorbike
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    last night, heaps of lightning, but mostly inside the clouds, best I could manage

Likes Sprint, Thomas Peel, Blazon, Geeman, Heretic liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No3 is the winner for me..... so I took that and another pic..." ISS pass ---at beach,Kalbarri"

The perspective of 'the scared little house and approaching storm" is too good to que..:-)

And with that I'll donate $5 to PSB for each pic.....Keep up the great work , mate..

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is for GsxInShed if a donation for this counts?

Likes Geeman liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ already saw it ^^^^^

not donation worthy ...soz skutti.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    ^^^^ already saw it ^^^^^

not donation worthy ...soz skutti.
    Tough crowd

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You always say you like me better when you don't understand.....why would i change.?
    Likes Skut liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    .....why would i change.?
    Would never want you to

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Motorbike
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one big door. beautiful engineering and balance. Watching that video makes you remember how much "money " has changed in nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Some night shots from Balladonia whilst on my way to the rally. A not very bright ISS pass and a couple of Milky Ways

Motorbike
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing with layers

This started out as a request from my 3yo granddaughter. She like the pictures of stars I do but wanted one of the moon. Largest (only) lens I have with me ATM is my trusty 18-125mm Sigma zoom, which has probably taken everything I have posted in this thread. So...125mm is way too short for a good moon shot. And it would just be boring. So I thought to layer it in PS. Not very good at layering, esp. two totally different shots, so I had to learn. The moon shot had a completely black background to get the exposure of the moon itself right. Turn the other way and I have a late sunset. So I framed that at 18mm. After half an hour of stuffing around realised that the difference in focal lengths of the layered shots actually worked for be with no cropping, ie, bigger moon. So this is the end result. Bear in mind this is done to please a 3yo, big saturation, etc. I am getting likes from the undiscerning who think it's just a big moon well photographed. i'll let them in on it later.

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    last night, heaps of lightning, but mostly inside the clouds, best I could manage

thats some really great shots, can you tell me what lens you are running on the camera is it anything special? its a K-7 camera?

the third one is a cracker!
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Motorbike
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that---details--camera Pentax K-70 classed as mid-level) lens is a Sigma 18-125mm DC HSM. I like these particular lens as all-rounders, had them on my last two cameras. The K-70 is a step above the beginner Pentaxes, and really punches above its weight. Nice sensor, and also has interval shooting abilities built in, which I use a lot. Firstly for timelapses, but also for lightning shots. With lightning shots, you need a tripod, and the ability to do long exposures. Just point it at the bit of sky you think the action is happening, select a manual exposure value, manual exposure, and start shooting. With built-in interval shooting, you just start and it keeps shooting. Without interval shooting, just use a remote, and as soon as you hear the shutter close, hit it again. Beer-drinking in the meantime if you like, great way to spend a Pilbara summer evening. No false modesty here, I was really fairly disappointed with the nights work, I haven't managed good lightning shots for the last couple of years. Have a look in my gallery on Smugmug, and bear in mind they (lightning shots, not the whole content)were all taken as jpegs, before I got into RAW. https://ranmar.smugmug.com/Ralph-Blu...dells-gallery/
    Last edited by ranmar850; 04-10-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typos

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Thanks for that---details--camera Pentax K-70 classed as mid-level) lens is a Sigma 18-125mm DC HSM. I like these particular lens as all-rounders, had them on my last two cameras. The K-70 is a step above the beginner Pentaxes, and really punches above its weight. Nice sensor, and also has interval shooting abilities built in, which I use a lot. Firstly for timelapses, but also for lightning shots. With lightning shots, you need a tripod, and the ability to do long exposures. Just point it at the bit of sky you think the action is happening, select a manual exposure value, manual exposure, and start shooting. With built-in interval shooting, you just start and it keeps shooting. Without interval shooting, just use a remote, and as soon as you hear the shutter close, hit it again. Beer-drinking in the meantime if you like, great way to spend a Pilbara summer evening. No false modesty here, I was really fairly disappointed with the nights work, I haven't managed good lightning shots for the last couple of years. Have a look in my gallery on Smugmug, and bear in mind they (lightning shots, not the whole content)were all taken as jpegs, before I got into RAW. https://ranmar.smugmug.com/Ralph-Blu...dells-gallery/
    thanks for the info, can i ask you opinion please?

i have 3 lenses, Canon, an 18-55 and 55-250 kit lens and a better quality Canon 18-135, so i can cut a few corners to get to a good pic which you think to use? why?

Motorbike
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On general principles, I would pick the 18-135, but only because you say it is a better quality. The actual focal length you would use would preclude the use of the 55-250. Unless it is a very long way off. You are generally shooting slightly shorter than 55mm. It is always tempting to zoom in a bit on a thunderstorm, but unless it is extremely localised, you will get so many strikes just half in shot. Or out of shot completely. It's just happened too much to me. I mostly shoot at 35-50mm, and crop to suit. I actually just went back through a heap of those older shots, and they were taken between 18 and 63mm. Around 25-40 the most common. And if you go too wide, to make sure you "get the whole thing in", it had better be pretty close, or the resulting image will be too low-def after cropping. Always a juggling act. The best results come when it is getting right in your face and you can go wide.
    Getting good shots also really needs the planets to align. You need it where you can see it, not the other side of a big hill. And can't be actually raining. And a clear foreground, a lot of ambient light will stuff the length of exposure you need. To summarise

1) tripod and either interval shooting or a remote

2) frame the area where it is happening

3) manual exposure, of course. For pure night shots, 30 seconds @ f5.6 ISO200 works as a good starting point. 20 secs will give you less cloud blur. Trying to shoot in daylight probably means a ND filter or your exposures will just be too short.

4)manual focus--you are probably setting to Infinity, just know what that lens does and KEEP CHECKING IT IF YOU ZOOM YOUR FOCAL LENGTH. I've done this, ruined a good set by bumping focus out in the dark and not picking it up on it.

5)once you start, don't go back in to see if you "got the shot", have your live review set so you can get a quick glance to see if you are framed right. If you get all excited and want to look back at each one you think you got, guaranteed you will miss the best ones. DAMHIIK

6) be prepared for perhaps hundreds of nothing shots in a long session. No big deal, the few you get will more than compensate. Or you might get a killer exposure , every exposure. You don't need expensive software to PP if you just shoot jpegs, just something you can do basic cropping and enhancements with. Shoot RAW and use Lightroom, skies the limit. My one really big regret with photography is not adopting RAW sooner. I have some shots i'd love to print, but, with a jpeg, they'd be tiny. Anything good, I export from LR after processing in both TIFF and Jpeg. Jpeg for viewing places like this, TIFF if i think it might be worth printing, or for later adjustment.

enjoy and HTH
    ps, Im getting excited, looking like we might have a storm up here in Tom Price later on today.
    Likes Heretic liked this post

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great info thanks for that, i got a tripod and will use the 135 at the settings you've mentioned, see what happens.

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing your photos ranmar850 - there's some really good stuff.

Motorbike
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you enjoy them. I enjoy shooting them, processing them and then sharing. I don't go down the Instagram road, only share here, on a photographic forum, and with family/friends.