Liked
    6 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammfa View Post
    Question: Does stalling your bike equates to an instant fail?
    Nope. I stalled twice in a row, had it in 2nd not first and tried to take off from stand still, damn nerves. Will be a mark on the sheet however.

Motorbike
    Triumph Speedmaster 2010
    Liked
    77 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question... if it is raining am I allowed to remove my hand from the handlebar while riding to wipe the visor? Or should I wait till i come to a stop sign/something similar before doing this?

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got my test at City West in 2 and a bit weeks. Any advice for that location?

Thanks for the very informative thread Jo!
    Be who you are and say how you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Motorbike
    Suzuki GSF1250RR Bandit #93 Marc Marquez custom edition
    Liked
    1914 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbov View Post
    Dude that was November last year..... WTF

Oh well, at least he was using the search function

Whilst this thread is back in play... Does anyone know the test route/s for an R-class test at City West?
    I'm keen to know where i'm likely to have to do my O'turns and to possibly go for a cruise around there to pick up on any troublesome areas.

Cheers
    Riding for Frosti
    1/2 lap, not out

Motorbike
    Street Triple.
    Liked
    11 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevster View Post
    I've got my test at City West in 2 and a bit weeks. Any advice for that location?
    Watch out for that tight roundabout, intersection of Lake Street/ James Street in Northbridge and dependent on assessor and other things you will do your o turns on John Street.

The route the assessor took me on for my test was nearly identical to the route I took in my lesson beforehand. The locations I did my emergency stops and o turns were identical to that of which my assessor assessed me on.

Last edited by Jasmineee; 23-05-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

Motorbike
    Liked
    1914 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmineee View Post
    Watch out for that tight roundabout, intersection of Lake Street/ James Street in Northbridge and dependent on assessor and other things you will do your o turns on John Street.

The route the assessor took me on for my test was nearly identical to the route I took in my lesson beforehand. The locations I did my emergency stops and o turns were identical to that of which my assessor assessed me on.

so you do the O'turns and E-Stop on John St? hmmm. might be a little tight on my cbr600rr, what do you reckon?

i haven't seen your Street Triple around Uni lately Jasmine
    Riding for Frosti
    1/2 lap, not out

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's very helpful, thank you Jasmineee

Will get my instructor to take me there for a couple lessons, rather than just stay in Vic Park...
    Be who you are and say how you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Motorbike
    2007 Kawasaki ER6-F
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is your instructor? I got my R Licence last week through Mark from Causeway Motorcycle Training. Did a couple of lessons in Vic Park and then one at City West before the test. In that one lesson, he took me to about 4 or 5 different locations for likely emergency stops and U/O turns, including the ones I was actually assessed at.

Did my R-E licence with him as well, one lesson in Vic Park and then 2 or 3 at City West. Again, during the City West lessons he took me to likely locations for the assessment, including the ones I was actually assessed at. Highly recommend him.

I was assessed by Tony at City West. Here's the route I took:

Licensing Centre to Sutherland Street, at side street parking opposite Scitech. Did emergency stops here.

Then went back past Licensing Centre on Troode, left onto Colin Place, right onto Railway St, over Loftus/Thomas onto Railway Parade, right at the Roundabout onto Southport, right at Harrogate, left into cul de sac at end of Oxford Close. Did U/O turns here, acres of space.

Then right back onto Harrogate, left at the lights onto Cambridge, all the way until left at Northwood Street, left back onto Railway, then back to Licensing Centre.

Hope that helps!

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ayanami

That is unbelievably helpful! I have Mark too, so your experience with him has made me feel a lot more positive about this whole process! Mark has been great! Terrified I might fail despite him teaching so well! Haha

Thanks again! So good to know what to expect!

I could tell you but then I'd have to killswitch you
    Motorbike
    Blek and Orange
    Liked
    184 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends on who you get at city west. I got Vic and was out there for less than 10 minutes for my r-e test. Went right out of the carpark down the road a bit and did e-stops and o-turns next to scitech. Went back up the road past the licensing centre and basically went around the block and back to the licensing centre with a trip around the small round a bout in in the entrance opposite to where i did the estops/oturns. Only thing i got pulled up on was head checks going past the driveways on railway parade going down the hill.
    Last edited by Rosco; 01-06-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
    Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

Motorbike
    '06 GPX 250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome advice guys, like Chevster I have my test coming up at City West. I reckon I'll have to get a shadow this weekend and practise more going into Leedy - its the only part I don't really know too well and so I don't feel as confident there!

Motorbike
    '06 GPX 250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevster View Post
    OK - I had my R-E test this morning at City West with George as my examiner. This is going from memory:

From the licensing centre we went around the back (Troode St --> Colins Pl) to Railway Pde, turning left. Continued on Railway Pde through the lights and turned right at the roundabout onto Southport St. I rode along until I reached the Lake Monger Drive traffic lights; then turned left onto Lake Monger Dr. Took the first left onto Kimberley St, where I was asked to do a hill park part-way up. We then continued on, but as I said, I don't really know Leederville too well.

I don't remember the road names we took next, but I'm fairly sure we ended up at the Woolwich and McCourt St intersection. You have to be careful when continuing along Woolwich St to avoid the solid white stop line - pretty much doing a little "s" movement to not cross it. On Woolwich St I did my U/O turns and emergency stops.

From there we went onto Cambridge St, turned right on a street to get across to Railway Pde (turning left onto it)... continued down through the roundabout and traffic lights at Thomas/Loftus (stick in the left lane coming out of the roundabout to make this easier). Left onto Colin, right onto Troode and then parked at the licensing centre.

And... I PASSED

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura.pixie View Post
    OK - I had my R-E test this morning at City West with George as my examiner. This is going from memory:

From the licensing centre we went around the back (Troode St --> Colins Pl) to Railway Pde, turning left. Continued on Railway Pde through the lights and turned right at the roundabout onto Southport St. I rode along until I reached the Lake Monger Drive traffic lights; then turned left onto Lake Monger Dr. Took the first left onto Kimberley St, where I was asked to do a hill park part-way up. We then continued on, but as I said, I don't really know Leederville too well.

I don't remember the road names we took next, but I'm fairly sure we ended up at the Woolwich and McCourt St intersection. You have to be careful when continuing along Woolwich St to avoid the solid white stop line - pretty much doing a little "s" movement to not cross it. On Woolwich St I did my U/O turns and emergency stops.

From there we went onto Cambridge St, turned right on a street to get across to Railway Pde (turning left onto it)... continued down through the roundabout and traffic lights at Thomas/Loftus (stick in the left lane coming out of the roundabout to make this easier). Left onto Colin, right onto Troode and then parked at the licensing centre.

And... I PASSED
    YAAAAAAYYYYYY! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And thanks for the detailed update too!

So happy for you!

Motorbike
    Hyosung 250 comet, Ducati S2R
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco327 View Post
    Depends on who you get at city west. I got Vic and was out there for less than 10 minutes for my r-e test. Went right out of the carpark down the road a bit and did e-stops and o-turns next to scitech. Went back up the road past the licensing centre and basically went around the block and back to the licensing centre with a trip around the small round a bout in in the entrance opposite to where i did the estops/oturns. Only thing i got pulled up on was head checks going past the driveways on railway parade going down the hill.
    Absolute carbon copy of my test. Vic was cool

Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Wet Visor Question

RE:Brendans question about wet visor..
    IMHO its always the route of greatest safety..Therefore with a wet visor i would open it up in preference to rubbing it or possibly smudging it..You really need vision yes..But on a wet road its important to beware of slippery surface or puddles,potholes etc..
    So yes use your own discretion,.or maybe apply rainex beforehand,but do whatever is safest at the time.

The tester told me when i asked a similar question,.to do what i would normally do,.. which should always be-- whatever is safest.
    (I was asking should i have fingers on brake lever in anticipation of E-stop?)... (Answer is "yes you might as well,since in any situation where you may need to stop suddenly,that is what you would be doing,.that is being ready with the brake lever).For example when its dark and theres roos about...Hope that helps brendan.
    Last edited by Yamazaki; 13-06-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: needed to reference as reply to brendans Q.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1914 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passed my R-class test at City West yesterday.

If it helps anyone, I had Amber, she was really good. Explained directions and instructions very clearly and allowed plenty of opportunity to ask questions if confused as to where to go.
    I had no problems at all, the route was very simple and where i did the O'turns and E-Stops i had plenty of room.

From the licencing i pulled out left and went up to Collin, right onto Railway St, Right at the Roundabout, continued straight through 2 sets of lights and turned left where southport st meets Lake Monger Drive, continued along there past lake Monger for a fair way and took the first right being Gregory st, pulled over facing up the hill, went over that hill, and turned right into a carpark, did the O'turns there, plenty of room, got back onto Gregory st, continuing north, turned right at the T-junction and pulled over, instructor got off, i rode up turned around and did my E-stop, then we went back to the licencing centre going the same way that we came.

Really nothing too difficult on the way. Along Gregory st there are a few slow points with recomended 40 and 20 on yellow signs. i slowed down for these to the suggested speed, not sure that you'd fail if you didn't, but best to just take your time. it could be easy to forget about them and in your rush to get back either get pinged cuse your meant to obey those signs for your test, or to stuff yourself up by hitting the bumps too hard.

Hope this helps anyone doing the test at City West
    Last edited by Huggy; 14-06-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helps me mate! I'm going tomorrow... Thanks for the post!

Motorbike
    Liked
    1914 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck mate. Also remember to indicate and watch the road markings in the carpark... they have STOP marked on the ground, and unless your concentrating you'll miss them... oh, and if you have to do the hill park, make sure you put the bike in gear before you switch it off, put the stand down and hop off. Amber said some people forget to do that, and as its a fairly steep hill the bike starts to roll back...

You'll be fine

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very helpful - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Motorbike
    Corona Gixxer
    Liked
    205 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Chevster, let me know how you go and I'll show ya where to park at work

Note: During my lesson before my test I went through that little roundabout in Northbridge and didn't indicate out of it. To me it's a bit of a grey area as to whether we are *required* to indicate out of the roundabout, I do anyway because it's common courtesy but for some reason at that little one in town I didn't and the instructor didn't say anything - figured that it wasn't against the law but simply a courtesy to do so. Didn't indicate out of the roundabout during the test and lost a point for it so... there. Indicate out of roundabouts, all the time, even if half of Perth don't
    Quote Originally Posted by Koola View Post
    Someone sig this.