Liked
    363 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    We got testing and tagging done at work. I think your standard office is every 5 years or as required - cant remember but bigger risk jobs/sites will be more frequent. I think it was $5/tag. If i come across this thread at work as a prompt i'll look up the quote and requirements in our safety management system. But someone may actually be in that line of work and can give you better, first hand information

Usually once a year for most office equipment (power supplies, computers, toasters, coffee machines etc) - black tags
    Tools and equipment used outdoors is three months - colour coded tags for three month period

It can be fairly useful to have the test and tag cert, lots of mining/construction companies will already own their own testing machine and have a few employees who are ticketed and will go through and test/tag the equipment (usually the safety peeps, sometimes not though). Some companies pay silly dollars for it if they don't have people who do it regularly (ie paying $5/tag) so there is money to be made but you need the right contacts to get in - isn't a bad thing to have on the resume though but just another handy 'extra'.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well shit has changed ...???
    Black tag is used for equipment with a lead...12 mnths..Generally in an office or workspace....
    Coloured tags used for 1/4 ly inspections.. we are currently using green...3 mnths....same for sparky doing RCD's...etc..Has a 14 day grace period.....
    Client ---customer dependant.....
    " 'cause yah can't be expected to tag 20,000 items on the day they all fall due...."
    If you do the course...also do the termination section (1 day extra) this will allow for repair / replacement of faulty plugs/cut terminate lead....
    Just for shits n giggles do a fire extinquisher test.tag... too.
    Caution ----test gear for electrical is expensive...PAT... is the unit reqd... foolproof industry standard.
    Not sure you make money from it.....pretty sure it costs more than is worth....

EDIT...Beaten like the red head....that I am :-)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Ducati Paul Smart 1000, Kawasaki KR1S,
    Liked
    608 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey where's the other BERT gotten to?
    I'm still lurking around, I don't get much riding in on the road lately but a fair bit of chasing my 10 year old around on the dirt
    The boat is getting plenty of use too
    It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
    Hunter S. Thompson
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    whys and wherefores of the law? in what sense? off the top of my head, i probably couldn't tell you much about the legal side of it (shameful, i know). most building sites, mine sites and big businesses would demand tagging, a lot of smaller businesses probably couldn't give a shit unless they're sending people on sites that require it. can you make money? don't know, but i know there's a couple of companies out there who do dedicated t'n't, my old supervisor just started up as a Jim's test and tag man, no idea if he's getting anywhere with it. a cheap tester will set you back somewhere around $600 (last time i asked, 6 months ago), but if you're doing it a lot you'll want the ones with the capability to download to a tool register and print tags, can't tell you how much they are. after doing 200 plus tags per shift, you really want one of those machines.
    The test and tag dude (Jim's test and tag) charged $6/tag.
    Indicative testing for offices is every 5 years, workshops 6 months, places where cord is subject to flexing/in a hostile environment every 12 months.
    I'd say with all the safety Nazi's out there, there might be some money in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by =Stevo= View Post
    Usually once a year for most office equipment (power supplies, computers, toasters, coffee machines etc) - black tags
    Tools and equipment used outdoors is three months - colour coded tags for three month period

It can be fairly useful to have the test and tag cert, lots of mining/construction companies will already own their own testing machine and have a few employees who are ticketed and will go through and test/tag the equipment (usually the safety peeps, sometimes not though). Some companies pay silly dollars for it if they don't have people who do it regularly (ie paying $5/tag) so there is money to be made but you need the right contacts to get in - isn't a bad thing to have on the resume though but just another handy 'extra'.
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    well shit has changed ...???
    Black tag is used for equipment with a lead...12 mnths..Generally in an office or workspace....
    Coloured tags used for 1/4 ly inspections.. we are currently using green...3 mnths....same for sparky doing RCD's...etc..Has a 14 day grace period.....
    Client ---customer dependant.....
    " 'cause yah can't be expected to tag 20,000 items on the day they all fall due...."
    If you do the course...also do the termination section (1 day extra) this will allow for repair / replacement of faulty plugs/cut terminate lead....
    Just for shits n giggles do a fire extinquisher test.tag... too.
    Caution ----test gear for electrical is expensive...PAT... is the unit reqd... foolproof industry standard.
    Not sure you make money from it.....pretty sure it costs more than is worth....

EDIT...Beaten like the red head....that I am :-)
    Again, if you want decent advice, come to a Forum full of Reprobates!

Much appreciation to everyone for the sage advice. Wish I could get the same forthright and decent advice from my bloody Laywers and Accountants.
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want financial advise...?

All that you own is yours.

Treat it like your life depends on it.

Don't be mislead or duped into thinking that someone you respect will do it better for you.

You have one life...

It is here now .

Live it like you have a week to live.... not 80 years.

Do what you can to be happy--- if possible make the people you gather around you happy too...

Don't regret anything... praise the moment ..

Buy low.....sell high.

From a legal point of view, all that is yours...all that you see...all that you love...and all that you'll be.

Is your's... With ...both hands....grab it run with it....love it..

Let it go....If all of that was yours ...in the first place...it will come back..

If not.... It will fly. that too, is all, you can ask.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes Desmo, SWIFTY., ReCon liked this post

cowgirlz+barfie gone, now its just me sadly looking out my window
    Motorbike
    mine
    Liked
    526 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The test and tag dude (Jim's test and tag) charged $6/tag.
    Indicative testing for offices is every 5 years, workshops 6 months, places where cord is subject to flexing/in a hostile environment every 12 months.
    I'd say with all the safety Nazi's out there, there might be some money in it?
    3 months is the general period for work sites, i've only seen tags in 3m, 12m and 5year

http://www.electricaltesting.com.au/...table-blue.png

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/sites...nt-devices.pdf
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    3 months is the general period for work sites, i've only seen tags in 3m, 12m and 5year

http://www.electricaltesting.com.au/...table-blue.png

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/sites...nt-devices.pdf
    That was out of the relevant Australian Standard Mr Jim gave me - the table heading said indicative testing schedule or summat. You average office workplace is no more vulnerable to electrical shit going wrong than say, my house, but I don't test and tag my house, hence why there's money on preying on people's OHS conscience.

The tag on our work stuff says 12 months, but the standard suggests otherwise. We recently moved office and elected just to get new shit tested, and also stuff we inherited with the new office.

cowgirlz+barfie gone, now its just me sadly looking out my window
    Motorbike
    mine
    Liked
    526 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReCon View Post
    Wish I could get the same forthright and decent advice from my bloody Laywers and Accountants.
    wish i could now send you a bill for $2000, like your lawyer or accountant would
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was out of the relevant Australian Standard Mr Jim gave me - the table heading said indicative testing schedule or summat. You average office workplace is no more vulnerable to electrical shit going wrong than say, my house, but I don't test and tag my house, hence why there's money on preying on people's OHS conscience.

The tag on our work stuff says 12 months, but the standard suggests otherwise. We recently moved office and elected just to get new shit tested, and also stuff we inherited with the new office.
    Kristy, could you flash that big smile and ask your MR Jim's man if his qualifications are accepted in All States of Australia?
    I would ask if it is all Wrecksafe legal, however am not even sure if Wrecksafe are even in SA, VIC, NT or QLD?

GsxInShed -I stumbled over a course wuth the termination section added on as well, and is a few weeks away , which is much easier to plan. Once I get the PSB thumbsup, I will sign my sorry arse up for it.

Thought it better to have another quali to show when competing with these young pricks to get a job. Saves me showing so much leg at the interview...

Cheers again all...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReCon View Post
    Wish I could get the same forthright and decent advice from my bloody Laywers and Accountants.
    Tell the lawyers that you are months from bankruptcy.

Tell the accountants that you are months from being sued for everything you've got.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey pub,

Recommend me a mobile car windscreen replacement company, the multiple chips on my Jimny are now very large cracks and if I were to get a yellow sticker from a disgruntled officer it would be a costly exercise to get it over the pits.

Liked
    363 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Hey pub,

Recommend me a mobile car windscreen replacement company, the multiple chips on my Jimny are now very large cracks and if I were to get a yellow sticker from a disgruntled officer it would be a costly exercise to get it over the pits.

Otherwise, check with your insurer, some occasionally have that 'one free windscreen or repair per year' floating about in their conditions from promotions that they fail to mention to you'
    Likes boeman liked this post

Motorbike
    650 wee-strom
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Hey pub,

Not mobile, but Woodsies in Dianella did a good windscreen at a reasonable price for me.
    If you keep trying to explain it with logic and facts you will possibly end up hurting your sanity.

Motorbike
    A fast one.
    Liked
    3461 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insurance.
    It's often there. Use it.
    Couldn't have been easier for me with Aami sorting through O'briens, a cent never left my pocket.
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Liked
    6583 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy fucking shit, I had a date on Sunday night that would have made Tucker Max cringe.
    I may divulge more after I've had a few drinks and have come to terms with it.

Motorbike
    A Blek one.....
    Liked
    319 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a new pushie.

Rode to work and back today.....

My legs felt like jelly for the first 10 minutes of getting off at the beginning and the end.

Getting fit again sucks...... getting out of condition because of numerous surgeries has knobs on it.

WAAAAAAHHHHHH
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Liked
    6631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Holy fucking shit, I had a date on Sunday night that would have made Tucker Max cringe.
    I may divulge more after I've had a few drinks and have come to terms with it.
    Chew your own arm off Monday morning job?
    Likes Kristy liked this post

Liked
    6583 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old frt View Post
    Chew your own arm off Monday morning job?
    No, she was petite, attractive and blonde.
    Honestly, I'll need a few beers to recount this story.
    If I can.

Liked
    6631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Drink up then...

Motorbike
    A Blek one.....
    Liked
    319 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each hand has a different hair coloured puppet?
    What You See

Isn't always what you get
    Likes Para045 liked this post